Poly Performance Rear Track Bar Bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Poly Performance Rear Track Bar Bracket

I originally had the Superlift rear track bar bracket which goes at the axle end, but moved it very quickly when I saw that people were having issues with axle track bar brackets creating too much leverage on the stock mount and breaking them off. I replaced it with a Teraflex frame mounted bracket, which is a substantial piece and not going to break, but it as it is on the frame end it doesn't improve the roll center.

So I installed a Poly Performance Rear Track bar Bracket which is on the axle end, and designed in such a way that it won't cause the stock bracket to break, and it improves the roll center.

Installation was easy and took less than 45 minutes, most of which was spent removing the Teraflex bracket. You need to cut the stock bracket in a couple of places, I used a sawzall and it was done in a couple of minutes. The trimming actually will reduce the stress on the stock bracket as there is less potential for leverage now, and the two U-bolts that wrap around the axle further reinforce it.

A well thought piece that is definitely not likely to break.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Granite Guru

Awesome!!
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Looks good....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks good Phil. I have the Poly front and am currently running the Teraflex rear like you were. Be sure to let us know how it drives compared to before.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Be sure to let us know how it drives compared to before.
It actually does feel to handle better when cornering, but I just about always notice an improvement after doing anything, so can't say if it is wishful thinking and in my mind or actually happening. But I did try and get a feel for handling directly before installing it and then directly afterwards, and felt an improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode