The VA and stuff - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Donut707

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-14-2019, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
The VA and stuff

If you are a veteran and have not done a claim for VA compensation you are wrong. We all have a shelf life while serving, some of us got the luxury of choosing our end date others did not. no matter if you were in the rear with the gear or kicking down doors on the front lines all your service counts. I served for 15 years and 2 months before getting retired from the NAVY. while I was transitioning to civilian life I started my VA claim for compensation. I updated my medical service record to make sure nothing was missing and went to all my VA appointments. after my separation, the VA took about 8 months to grant my VA disability at 80%. When I got that number I was like "fuck yeah that's great" the back paychecks came in and the monthly compensation started. I had a few big numbers and a lot of zeros. So I just accepted wut I got and moved on. for about 5 years I sat on my claim not thinking anything about it, until a friend I used to serve with turned me onto a great service for veterans. Dale Graham's veterans foundation in Norman Oklahoma. https://dalekgrahamveteransfoundation.org/ Dales group is one of the most successful groups in the nation. I went to see them in Feb 2017. Dale looked at my initial claim and said "dumbass why have you waited so long to re-evaluate this?" so for 5 years I could have been at a higher rate. I worked with Dales group and after just 59 days I went from 80% too 100%. During that time and now I have been educating my self and others about how the VA works and how they rate claims. The VA is a government entity and has rules and regulations if you know how they work you can use it to your advantage. The (eCFR) Electronic Code of Federal Regulations is the rule book. https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...cfrv1_02.tpl#0
Title 38 part 4 is where it at. part 4 is how the VA rates claims and is the guide for pretty much everything. I have read almost all of part 4, it shows how and at wut rating diagnosis are set. it's a great tool to use while battling the VA. No one is going to do anything for you unless you do it yourself. I have been very aggressive with my VA claim since starting over in FEB2017, I'm not total and permanent yet but it's coming soon. If anybody is having issues with the VA shoot me a PM id like to help. I've helped a lot of the guys and gals I work with now and they are helping people they know.

Like is said at the beginning of this, all your service counts. The VA isn't just going to give out this information or anything YOU have to go get it!

Do no harm but take NO SHIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

That's awesome, gonna send them an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Wheeler

Personally, I do not agree with the OP. There are people who actually deserve free disability paycheck and there are those who just want to milk the government for everything that they can get from them.
I didn't join the service for a free ride the rest of my life. I see too many service members who are milking the system for as much as they can get from the VA and I hate it. As a veteran and an employee of the VA it just burns me up when I see a guy get 100% disability from playing basketball off duty and injuring his shoulder, or a guy who was doing off duty auto mechanic work and injured his back and now gets 100% because he can not perform his regular duties. If you deserve the disability go for it, if you are just playing the game then I have no respect for you.
Like I stated earlier, I work at a VA hospital and I see so much fraud, waste and abuse every day. Why should the VA provide patients with Remington electric shavers, iPhones, iPads, iMac computers? Employees who have 4 or 5 monitors on their desktop to do their work, departments with a $200 corn hole game, 2 80" monitors for the conference room when a 40" works just fine and then throw away the smaller monitors into the dump pile, new tool sets, ladders, toolbars, cordless tools for every maintenance person instead of a tool crib to issue them out, I can go on and on.
So the employees are just as bad as the patients at milking the government for more than what is needed or deserved.
Just my $0.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-05-2020, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
everyone's service counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeman View Post
Personally, I do not agree with the OP. There are people who actually deserve free disability paycheck and there are those who just want to milk the government for everything that they can get from them.
I didn't join the service for a free ride the rest of my life. I see too many service members who are milking the system for as much as they can get from the VA and I hate it. As a veteran and an employee of the VA it just burns me up when I see a guy get 100% disability from playing basketball off duty and injuring his shoulder, or a guy who was doing off duty auto mechanic work and injured his back and now gets 100% because he can not perform his regular duties. If you deserve the disability go for it, if you are just playing the game then I have no respect for you.
Like I stated earlier, I work at a VA hospital and I see so much fraud, waste and abuse every day. Why should the VA provide patients with Remington electric shavers, iPhones, iPads, iMac computers? Employees who have 4 or 5 monitors on their desktop to do their work, departments with a $200 corn hole game, 2 80" monitors for the conference room when a 40" works just fine and then throw away the smaller monitors into the dump pile, new tool sets, ladders, toolbars, cordless tools for every maintenance person instead of a tool crib to issue them out, I can go on and on.
So the employees are just as bad as the patients at milking the government for more than what is needed or deserved.
Just my $0.02
First I will agree with some of your points but not all, no veterans disability check is free certainly not mine . You are correct there are Veterans that deserve disability compensation for the injuries sustained during their service and they should get it. Like the title reads everyone's service counts no matter wut and unfortunately there are some in any group that will take advantage of the system. I also agree a basketball injury shouldnít carry as much weight (if any) as a battle related injury. My intent was to give out info on my situation with the hopes of helping other veterans with their transition.

I canít imagine working at the VA. Iím sure the frustration at times out weights the satisfaction of helping your brothers and sisters. The VA has been run poorly from the top and it hurts the people within it and who it was chartered to protect the most. I donít know how a veteran would get a Remington shaver , but a laptop for Vocational rehabilitation I can see that happening. I agree with the $200 corn hole game , who the crap needs that at work. I'm sure the fraud waste and abuse is all over the place.

When I joined the Navy right after high school I had no intentions of staying beyond my first enlistment. But once I got to my first duty station , deployed and got to see the world I was hooked. Being on board the Enterprise during combat operation and then flying thousands of hours and deploying over 3500 days during my 15 year career you get worn out. I am not milking a system I served my county with honor and Iím using a system put in place .

just a counter point

Do no harm but take NO SHIT
post #5 of 5 Old 02-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm not a vet. I worked with a guy who was. We were unloading and assembling a crane. He froze, then fucked off for a bit. It was a shitty place for me to be alone.
We talked. He alluded to his service time, that was that.
He may have been just a nut. But maybe some vets can walk n talk, but never be good to work. I dunno

I am a troll. Do not take my advice. It isn't going to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode