3.5" gold standard - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

3.5" gold standard

With the 3.5" gold standard kit, do I need to change the drive shafts? or can I still use the stock ones? Or do i need to change anything else? From what I can tell with the 2.5" kit I shouldn't have to worry about the drive shafts.

Ultimately what I'm looking for is a kit that one installed, I really don't have to replace a lot of other stuff like drive shafts. This kit will be installed on my daily driver and I would be driving it 98% of the time on the road.

On a second note I was looking at the offer that you are running on the gold standard kit for the gold coin. If I buy a coin and don't receive it by the 4th of July could I still call and order the kit on the 4th of July would you still honor the special even though you don't have the coin in hand?

Last question....Is the only difference between the game changer and the gold standard kits the old man emu shocks, Rear track bar, and brake lines?

Sorry for all the question but I'm new at this and I really don't want to make the wrong decision...Thanks for your time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't Tread on OHV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfinnigan View Post
With the 3.5" gold standard kit, do I need to change the drive shafts? or can I still use the stock ones? Or do i need to change anything else? From what I can tell with the 2.5" kit I shouldn't have to worry about the drive shafts.

Ultimately what I'm looking for is a kit that one installed, I really don't have to replace a lot of other stuff like drive shafts. This kit will be installed on my daily driver and I would be driving it 98% of the time on the road.
A lot depends on the shocks you decide to use with the Gold Standard kit. However, generally, the kit does not require you to replace your drive shafts. On our JK, we ran with the stock drive shafts for a couple years before replacing them.

The biggest concern with the drive shaft is clearance. Depending on the year of your rig, there are certain clearance issues with exhaust, evap canisters, etc. But, for that 98% of daily driving, your stock drive shafts will be fine.

Quote:
On a second note I was looking at the offer that you are running on the gold standard kit for the gold coin. If I buy a coin and don't receive it by the 4th of July could I still call and order the kit on the 4th of July would you still honor the special even though you don't have the coin in hand?
Yes, if you order before you have the coin in hand, we will honor the special. We just need to receive the coin before we ship the kit, of course.

Quote:
Last question....Is the only difference between the game changer and the gold standard kits the old man emu shocks, Rear track bar, and brake lines?
Yes. The Gold Standard was set up to have a full kit, ready for someone to put in whatever shocks they wanted. Down the road, you can add the track bar and brake lines and 6Paks to make the full Game Changer (the Old Man Emu shocks are not available outside the kits).

Thanks for the great questions!!!

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Yes. The Gold Standard was set up to have a full kit, ready for someone to put in whatever shocks they wanted. Down the road, you can add the track bar and brake lines and 6Paks to make the full Game Changer (the Old Man Emu shocks are not available outside the kits).
Do the OME shocks in the Game Changer Lite kit have a MC specified valving, or are they standard OMEs and you simply do not sell them separately (and can be bought elsewhere)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Granite Guru

If I hadn't already purchased the kit I would not get Metalcloak. Why?

5/29/2013 - Ordered the lift kit with an estimated ship date of 6/5/2013 though 6/8/2013.

6/17/2013 - Contacted Matsonian asking why my kit had not shipped because nobody from Metalcloak has contacted me. I was informed they were awaiting brake lines that are due tomorrow and the kit would follow soon. Based upon shipping times the kit should arrive around 6/21/2013.

6/24/2013 - Called and spoke to Will at Metalcloak were I was informed they are now awaiting coil springs to arrive! They are not due in until Friday and my kit should ship then. Thats three weeks late... Over double the estimated time.

The biggest problem is complete lack of communication and updates. They set expectations they are unable to meet. I told Will on the phone that if the kit cannot ship Friday that I want a refund but I almost want to cancel it right now due to poor customer service. During our conversation Will seemed to not even care at all! Personally, I will not be recommending Metalcloak to people unless the kit outweighs the experience so far ...
post #5 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Granite Guru

6/27/2013 - Today Matson gave me a phone call to discuss the order complications. I don't want to post the contents of the conversation as I consider anything said on the phone to be private in nature. What I can say is that Matson made a sincere apology and did his utmost best to make things right. Unfortunately the kit cannot ship this week because now they are awaiting control arms from the coating company.

I have decided to give Metalcloak another chance due to the genuine phone call from Matson. However, I still plan to do my full review on Metalcloak with nothing to be excluded. Just as a heads up my title page, table of contents, and headers alone have already stretched over three pages in Microsoft Word. Prepare for a lengthy review...
post #6 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

Poor taste to complain about your problems with a vendor in someone ells tread. Start your own dirty laundry tread. The op didn't ask for advise on how good they are but about price.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post
6/27/2013 - Today Matson gave me a phone call to discuss the order complications. I don't want to post the contents of the conversation as I consider anything said on the phone to be private in nature. What I can say is that Matson made a sincere apology and did his utmost best to make things right. Unfortunately the kit cannot ship this week because now they are awaiting control arms from the coating company.

I have decided to give Metalcloak another chance due to the genuine phone call from Matson. However, I still plan to do my full review on Metalcloak with nothing to be excluded. Just as a heads up my title page, table of contents, and headers alone have already stretched over three pages in Microsoft Word. Prepare for a lengthy review...
while that sucks, the fact that the parts are all on backorder might speak to how good the product is....

so yeah, im pretty sure itll be worth the wait
post #8 of 8 Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Don't Tread on OHV

Just wanted to follow up...

We definitely messed up with Demlockian's order. Period. He has been extremely patient and gracious to work with.

I promised myself long ago we wouldn't be one of those companies that makes empty promises, so when something like this happens things go DEFCON 1 around here.

Our only goal is to make sure each of you, our customers, are extremely happy with our products and the complete Metalcloak experience. If we can't do that regularly and consistently, then we shouldn't be in business.

Every order is a privilege and an honor that we will never take for granted.

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
|

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode