shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

shocks

Hello, I just bought the gold standard 2.5" kit from you guys. I'm looking to add old man emu shocks, Could you tell me which ones I would need for the front and the rear?

I looked around and some people say use 60066L and 60067L. Is this Correct?

Or would you recommend another kind?

I know people say bilstein 5100's are good.

I also should be looking for a shock for a 3 to 5 inch lift correct?

Thanks again for your time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Rock God

Yes those are the correct OME shocks. Those are the nitro charger sport long travel ones.

I asked recently and they recommend 16 collapsed 27 extended. If you wanted to pair your own choice of sheiks with the coils.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't Tread on OHV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfinnigan View Post
Hello, I just bought the gold standard 2.5" kit from you guys. I'm looking to add old man emu shocks, Could you tell me which ones I would need for the front and the rear?

I looked around and some people say use 60066L and 60067L. Is this Correct?

Or would you recommend another kind?

I know people say bilstein 5100's are good.

I also should be looking for a shock for a 3 to 5 inch lift correct?

Thanks again for your time!!!
Those are the correct OME shocks. We recommend the OME because we know it has a good synergy with our coils. We have not tested any other combination of shocks, so I can't comment on whether or not they will work well with our kit.

Matson

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Granite Guru

If I understand you correctly your saying that when Metalcloak developed the "ARB Edition" you only tested it with ARB / OME shocks? Metalcloak never tested the performance of the suspension with shocks from Fox, Bilstein, Rancho, etc...?

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
post #5 of 8 Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post
If I understand you correctly your saying that when Metalcloak developed the "ARB Edition" you only tested it with ARB / OME shocks? Metalcloak never tested the performance of the suspension with shocks from Fox, Bilstein, Rancho, etc...?
That's exactly what they just said.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post
I think it would be very unreasonable to think every suspension builder would test every shock on the market. RK recommends Bilstein or their own brand. I don't see you bitchin' at them for not testing every shock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
post #7 of 8 Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Granite Guru

Are those shocks the same p/n you guys use for a 3.5" 4dr spring? Im trying to find compressed and collapsed numbers for the shock that comes with the game changer lite.

Its not a fashion show
post #8 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueler View Post
Are those shocks the same p/n you guys use for a 3.5" 4dr spring? Im trying to find compressed and collapsed numbers for the shock that comes with the game changer lite.
Yes the shock measurements that are listed about are for the ones that we use on the JK kits.

MetalCloak, It's Your Jeep, Only Better
Will (916)631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SLADE- View Post
Metalcloak claims to have the highest clearance flat fenders and their Duroflex joints appear to bridge the gap between stock clevite bushings and re-buildable joints making them a great option for daily drivers. Metalcloak's dual rate coils actually backup the available travel in their suspension instead of just making claims of "flex" and "max travel" only to provide short coils with little travel like some have done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode