Moab threatened? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Moab threatened?

OK, guys, I know I don't have that much stature around here, but this is very troubling...

Now, let me let everyone know that I am new to land use issues...and I know we have a mixed record this year with successes on the Rubicon and failures on the Omnibus Lands bill...

Part of my getting involved in land use was joining the BRC and UFWDA and perusing information put out by them, I have noticed that Moab might possibly be threatened....

They have introduced the America's Red Rock Wilderness Bill again in the House and Senate of the U.S. Congress...as they have done for the last 20 years or so...none of the Utah Congressional Delegation supports its, so, as usual, they had to get a NY Representative to introduce it in the House and some random senator from outside of Utah to introduce it in the Senate...I don't believe this thing has ever gotten out of committee before, but this year, who the heck knows, with this Congress being more aligned with the environmentalists...

If I read the bill right, I think it would close most of the trails in the Moab area, and I am sure, a ton of others in Utah, that I am not familiar with...

I am not saying that this is going to pass or anything, I do not know, but I am concerned about it...somebody who knows more than I do, may be able to shed some light on it....I know I don't want it to pass....

Here is the bill...

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s799/text

So, tell me, am I worried about nothing?

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†

Last edited by yoda13; 04-29-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Rock God

With the way this country is going... it wouldn't surprise me if the dumbasses passed it... then if they get their way our guns will be on the chopping block... watch all hell break loose then taking away the two most important american hobbies(outdoors & guns) from 90% of us!

edit: oh wait, the new american hobbies are sponging off the government and spending more than you earn... I forgot! Man, I'm salty today!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I am hopeful it doesn't get out of committee....if it does, you are right, he would sign it...however, I think Congress is the bigger enemy on this one issue...but you are right...our hobby and passion is being assaulted from all sides...it makes a huge statement that none of the Utah delegation is for it...even the Democrat....so much for state's rights...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Join www.sharetrails.org. You'll get daily updates on the chaos.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Rock God

They want to close everything down. Did you read the list of senators that are submitting this? to them. Is this on pirate at all? Because their are people their that are good at putting together letters and emails that make it easy for us to submit to members of congress.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
Join www.sharetrails.org. You'll get daily updates on the chaos.
already done, and I am also a member of the UFWDA, the business with the Rubicon and Tellico opened my eyes...gotta stand up for our rights...its going to be an uphill fight I am afraid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
They want to close everything down. Did you read the list of senators that are submitting this? to them. Is this on pirate at all? Because their are people their that are good at putting together letters and emails that make it easy for us to submit to members of congress.
to all of those guys and women....I don't believe there is a Republican on the Senator list, unless its changed, there is only one or two on the House list if you click on it...

I have already written my Congressman, and my two Senators...I also wrote to the Utah guys, thanking them for not being behind this, and thanking the Democrat, couldn't believe that, for saying that he couldn't support a bill that didn't take into account the rights of the four wheel drive community, nor could he support a bill that we were not intimately involved in drafting through negotiations, etc...

post #7 of 7 Old 09-12-2009, 12:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

if they sing this thing its cuz they dont know jack about the american ll and what we like to do closing this thing would be the worst move in the world but they wouldnt know this cuz they all drive hummers(yea they really like the environ ment dont they )that cant do jack or a town car

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode