Another attempt to shut down MOAB! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
ADDICTION II build begins....

Another attempt to shut down MOAB!

Fellow off-roaders, you might want to be aware of this if you haven't heard already!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/a...nt-4033637.php

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
Fellow off-roaders, you might want to be aware of this if you haven't heard already!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/a...nt-4033637.php
I heard about this yesterday. Definitely a delicate balancing act. It's a shame the off road community gets lumped in with other industries that have a far more harmful effect on the environment.

Quote:
"rampant off-road-vehicle abuse, proposed uranium and tar sand mining, and oil and gas development"

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Granite Guru

This landuse email about Utah comes to you from Del Albright.

UTAH UNDER THE GUN FROM OUTDOOR INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION

Outdoor Industry Association (businesses making a living off the great outdoors) launches massive attack on Utah for more land restrictions, this time in the form of a new Monument Proposal that 100 businesses signed onto and sent to President Obama. I don’t think anyone asked Utah what they thought….???

Some companies that are in the forefront of closing lands seem to include: Teva, CamelBak, Moab Coffee Roasters, North Face, New Belgium Brewing, and more. I’m really surprised that REI did not sign on as they are usually in the lead for more Wilderness and motorized restrictions.

Pdf with companies listed: http://www.delalbright.com/Access/Ca...s%20letter.pdf
BRC Alert and what to do: https://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2...pushed-in-utah

National leaders are taking a counter action to this, but you can help too. Go to the BRC alert and do what you can.

Thank you,
Del

Del Albright

Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition www.sharetrails.org
Founding Trail Boss, Friends of the Rubicon www.rubiconfriends.com
Environmental Affairs, CA4WDC www.cal4wheel.com
Find us on Facebook here

Contact Del at [email protected]

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

dont shut it down! it's still on my bucket list

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #5 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

WTF is going on? First Little Sluice is flattened and now they wanna close Moab? If I never get to wheel Moab except in my XK, I'm gonna be PISSED.

What do we do to help here? A blue star sends money to the BRC, right? Will that help a little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Garage

My junk goes up for sale if they ever shut down the trails in Moab. That place is my Mecca.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Truly need to consider Moab 2013

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #8 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm moving to Australia. I'm tired of all these tree huggers.

POISON SPYDER • ROCK KRAWLER • POLY • RCV • YUKON • AEV • TATTON • MBRP • TERAFLEX • BILSTEIN • JKS • RAMSEY • ROCK HARD • WURX • NEMESIS • SPOD • RIGID
post #9 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

Looks like a list of companies I need to choose to no longer do business with...
post #10 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited View Post
Looks like a list of companies I need to choose to no longer do business with...
exactly what i was thinkin

2010 Silver JKU
post #11 of 21 Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I guess the OIA doesn't consider offroading/wheeling an activity that takes place outdoors. Not to mention that we buy a lot of outdoor equipment.

Weird.
post #12 of 21 Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Granite Guru

BlueRibbon Coalition is all over helping to shut down this massive attack on Utah, and the Monument proposed by the Outdoor Industry Association. Here is a very thorough staff analysis and some background.

See the notes and action items here:
https://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2...pushed-in-utah

Del Albright

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #13 of 21 Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Rock God

These companies and enviros like them attack the offload industry like the extractive industry, in many circumstances exactly the same as seen here. With this administration they have relatively decent chances to make progress on limiting both industry and offroaders access to use our public lands. They need to be stopped in both cases. I'm certainly happy rock climbing, hiking, biking or wheeling with oil/ gas wells in view. It is our countries and the people's resource whether surface or subsurface for us all to benefit from and enjoy.

~ Clam
post #14 of 21 Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

those companies are now and have always been run by liberals employing liberals. i refuse to do business with them as i do to others, especially ben and jerries.....it's a matter of principle you know.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #15 of 21 Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Granite Guru

Planning to go to Moab next summer. Taking that list with me and won't be doing business with any of them on it.
post #16 of 21 Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Wheeler

Hope for everyone's sake that the person that reads these letters before passing them on to your president is an off road enthusiast and shreds it immediately following up with a response letter that simply states,

Dear: Tree Huggers

Go fuck yourself.

Your's Truly, Obama.
post #17 of 21 Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon View Post
Hope for everyone's sake that the person that reads these letters before passing them on to your president is an off road enthusiast and shreds it immediately following up with a response letter that simply states,

Dear: Tree Huggers

Go fuck yourself.

Your's Truly, Obama.
Hilarious! I'll repost all of this on MJC!
Hey tree huggers

_____._._._.
l_l_l_,[/_/_],
l-|_l_|-L-0lllll0-
()_)--()_)--O-)_)
post #18 of 21 Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Thanks for posting this. Though it appears I'm a bit late to notice as the link on the first post doesn't work anymore. There are some brands listed here that I'll have to inform that I'll no longer be supporting.

It is surprising that companies in the recreational outdoors space like Teva and Camelbak are supporting this. This is just a first step the more radical environmentalists are making in a long term plan eliminate all recreational use. They may start with off-road motorized vehicles, but next up will be mountain bikes, then climbers, then rafters, then horses and finally hikers. Like the current movement to generally restrict visitation to Yosemite Valley.

2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon with the usual stuff bolted on.
post #19 of 21 Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Wheeler

Capitol rally planned for Friday, Feb 22, 2013. http://www.takebackutah.org/
post #20 of 21 Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Wheeler

Another attempt to shut down MOAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
My junk goes up for sale if they ever shut down the trails in Moab. That place is my Mecca.
x2.
post #21 of 21 Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Rock God

the president's decision to appoint the REI executive as head of the department of interior I doubt helps matters much...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode