URGENT! Rubicon Trail in trouble. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Exclamation URGENT! Rubicon Trail in trouble.

This one is another big, big deal. This is a code Red, Klaxon sounding, bring the rain, unleash the dogs of war, kinda announcement. PLEASE help us out!

Our Holy Grail: The Rubicon trail is in danger.

We may lose winter access and have limits on how many rigs can travel down the trail (or even WORSE) if we do not win this one.

The Rubicon Trail Foundation needs as many signed affidavits as possible before the 31st of this month. Lance has prepared this link with instructions on what to do:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/savetherubicon/

Pirate4x4.com has once again stepped up to the plate and created this seperate page to streamline the process.

It will take a little effort on your part, but PLEASE send in this affadavit and more importantly: PLEASE PASS ON THIS LINK!

KURT

JOIN NOW!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Rock God

done

took about 90 seconds
post #3 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Openly Hostile

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do one tonight.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Done, well busy signal, but in the que
post #5 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Incidently the thread about this at the nazi JK site was deleted............quickly
post #6 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
Incidently the thread about this at the nazi JK site was deleted............quickly
Imagine that.

I will do it from work tomorrow.

Consider it done.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel

Last edited by HITMONEY; 03-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.
post #7 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Done (by me)
and Done (by wife)

F'n leftist environmentalists
post #8 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Banned

There's something don't smell right about this. That last item doesn't make any fookin sense to me.

I'll sign, but I'll send my own affadavit. One stating that if the Rubicon Trail closes, Fook yoo Crazyfornia. I would have zero reason to visit the state then.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 03-25-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Drunk posting = bad
post #9 of 22 Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
There's something don't smell right about this. That last item doesn't make any fookin sense to me.
I agree... kind of confused about the last item... makes it seem like if the Rubicon trail is closed, oh well, we'll just visit another trail in your county... any insight?

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.

Last edited by Prope; 03-25-2009 at 05:16 AM.
post #10 of 22 Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Done deal.
post #11 of 22 Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Rock God

yeah the last one kind of seems like a threat of "If we cant run that trail, we won't be gone, we'll find others"

Don't know if thats really the right approach. However something does need to be done. I would cry if it closed and I never got to run it Printed and signed. Ill fax it from the EDD up here tommorrow.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #12 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Just faxed mine.
post #13 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Granite Guru

faxed.
post #14 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Banned

Anyone know where can we read up on this? Obviously, the Nazi forum won't be it, since the Rubicon Trail doesn't sponsor them. - BTW, Yer a douche, eddy.

I prefer to make fully informed statements when it's gonna go onto an affadavit. Those sworn statements tend to make me a little jumpy about ensuring I'm telling the truth, the whole truth, and nuthin butt da troot.

I really wanna run that trail at least once, but I sahould prolly buy the JK FIRST. I'm thinking a bone stock Chevy Cav ain't gonna make it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #15 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Anyone know where can we read up on this? Obviously, the Nazi forum won't be it, since the Rubicon Trail doesn't sponsor them. - BTW, Yer a douche, eddy.

I prefer to make fully informed statements when it's gonna go onto an affadavit. Those sworn statements tend to make me a little jumpy about ensuring I'm telling the truth, the whole truth, and nuthin butt da troot.

I really wanna run that trail at least once, but I sahould prolly buy the JK FIRST. I'm thinking a bone stock Chevy Cav ain't gonna make it.
http://www.rubicontrailfoundation.org/

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9611716

http://www.pirate4x4.com/rubicon
post #16 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Rock God

I will fax this tomorrow at work!! I have been on the Rubicon 3 times already and definitely plan on going many more times. Damn... Fighting these lefty's is like sweeping a dirt floor! It never stops!

Jeff
post #17 of 22 Old 03-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned

post #18 of 22 Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Wheeler

Rubicon Trail

Sounds to me that the "tree huggers" expect to hear voices of concern about revenues. They will use that last sentence to give credance that people will still visit the county...just use a different trail. That affadavit doesn't sound like it was written by a person who wanted to see the Rubicon stay open.
post #19 of 22 Old 04-01-2009, 05:14 PM

I think the idea is that even if the hippies are successful in shutting down the Rubicon, people will still offroad on land adjacent to it and their supposed water quality issues will continue.

If there are actually water quality issues this could become a slippery slope... (no pun intended)
post #20 of 22 Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I think the idea is that even if the hippies are successful in shutting down the Rubicon, people will still offroad on land adjacent to it and their supposed water quality issues will continue.

If there are actually water quality issues this could become a slippery slope... (no pun intended)
but apparently there are not, as lots of folks have done studies, they are just piecing together stuff from all over and trying to get what they want from a false picture painted from a bunch of unrelated stuff pieced together...that is the gist of what I read...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #21 of 22 Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Granite Guru

I'd say anybody that voted for Obama has buyers remorse.........first our guns, then our ammo, now our ruby trail. Argghhh!

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #22 of 22 Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Rock God

Why do you guys always have to say "Obama Blah blah blah" crap when this comes up. The government has been trying to close the forests down and limit or rights for alot longer than the last 4 months. We, the people, have had more of our constitutional rights stripped from us over the last 8 years than at any other time in the history of our country but business has been deregulated and let run wild to the point that corporate greed in the name of "capitalist free market" has destroyed our economy and shredded the very fabric of our country. Truthfully, I feel bad for the Tiger Woods guy... he inherited a giant turd-sandwich. I mean seriously, wanna lay blame somewhere? I have a mane you could start throwing around that is actually responsible for the situation...... Sierra Club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode