Ontario Canada County Forest Land use? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ontario Canada County Forest Land use?

Anybody know the regs about land use of county forests in Ontario Canada? They have great forestry management roads and I see signs posted at the entrances that say no camping, no fires and no tree cutting IIRC. There aren't any no trespassing nor are there any no motorized vehicle signage.
I will get a pic next time I am by there.
I know the Snowmobile clubs use some of these trails in the Winter...

2010 Sahara Unlimited. 33" Goodyear Duratracs, MOPAR Grab Handles front and Rugged ridge in back, SilverStar Platinum Head Lights, Gorilla Pod Video Camera Mount System,Kargo Master Kongo Cage,50" light bar, Rear tail light guards, gas cap cover locking, Smittybilt Jerry Can Holder, with Scepter military can, chopped stubby bumper... assorted decals . Other factory options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

okay I found this http://www.countyofrenfrew.on.ca/dev...y/forestry.htm

and this
http://www.countyofrenfrew.on.ca/dev...gementplan.pdf

Neither directly mention restricting the use of the trails to off roaders, however there is a section that mentions Motorized vehicles , but it relates to ATV's and motorcycles.
Essentially the rules they list are specific to no fires ,camping , removal and damage to natural surroundings etc...

Thoughts? Should I call or email the office in charge and just ask I guess?

2010 Sahara Unlimited. 33" Goodyear Duratracs, MOPAR Grab Handles front and Rugged ridge in back, SilverStar Platinum Head Lights, Gorilla Pod Video Camera Mount System,Kargo Master Kongo Cage,50" light bar, Rear tail light guards, gas cap cover locking, Smittybilt Jerry Can Holder, with Scepter military can, chopped stubby bumper... assorted decals . Other factory options.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

PLEASE check with (or better yet, join) OF4WD, they likely have the answer for you. They are working with the snowmobile associations, Quad associations and the MNR to keep trails open to us. The snowmobile association asks us to stay off the trails between November 1st and May 2-4.

http://www.of4wd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-10-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I will be checking it out for sure thanks!

post #5 of 14 Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Granite Guru

In my experience, the best thing anyone can do, anywhere, is to be part of the solution -- as in joining organizations that exist and are out there fighting as best they can. Follow the lead of organizational leaders or other folks who are passionate about keeping the sport alive.

Then learn more about gov'mt and the rules, and become an advocate for the sport. Of course, writing letters to officials about keeping trails/roads open etc. is always a good plan.

If there is a particular area in trouble of closure, and no group exists to fight for it, then START one. I have a whole formula online for starting a coalition and getting more in the fight. Check it out at http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/coalitions.htm

Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #6 of 14 Old 11-11-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks Guys great support. Appreciated. I Live in a very very small rural village and I know that there are other Jeeps around but trying to hook up to trail ride and just find trails that are authorized is difficult. I won't give up that is for sure. I agree 100% about going about it the right way for sure.

post #7 of 14 Old 11-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Hey Del,
Just curious if you've had any contact/discussions with OF4WD? The Blue Ribbon Coalition and OF4WD are basically fighin the same fight, just on different sides of the border. I think it'd be cool if both organizations comapared notes, shared data, etc. It certainly couldn't hurt.

post #8 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

Some names of my Canadian friends/contacts include:
Aaron Cliff
Al Graham
Bill van de Ligt
Cal Rakach
Ken Umbarger
Shannon LeeMannion
Terry King
Victor Biro
Thomas Hansen
Wes Rempel

know any of these folks?
Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #9 of 14 Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

I don't know any of those names but that doesn't mean much. I'm a member of OF4WD but only know a few folks directly involved.

Thank you for the work you do.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
I don't know any of those names but that doesn't mean much. I'm a member of OF4WD but only know a few folks directly involved.

Thank you for the work you do.
Send me an email and I'll put you in touch with them so you all can figure out who can help who. I'll chime in where I can for sure.
send it to [email protected]

thanks, Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #11 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Granite Guru

Ok, it seems we have you "northern" folks hooked up now. Glad I could help.
Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #12 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UPDATE: Got a response from the County on this via email ...here is the meat of the email.

"Vehicular access, including cars, trucks, etc. is permitted to County
forests unless posted otherwise. We don't permit new roads or trails
without prior authorization, but you are free to use existing roads all
you want, provided no damage is done.

If you should happen to notice any dumping, stealing, damage to trees,
beaver flooding etc. please let me know.

Enjoy your visits to Renfrew County forests."

Good news indeed!

post #13 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Rock God

Garage

That is good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAVIK View Post
If you should happen to notice any dumping, stealing, damage to trees, beaver flooding etc. please let me know.
Suggestion: Bring along some garbage bags if you clean up some trash, let the County guy know that too!!
post #14 of 14 Old 11-16-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
That is good news.

Suggestion: Bring along some garbage bags if you clean up some trash, let the County guy know that too!!
A great idea and I will do that for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode