Love wheeling, Jeeps our sport? Take action!!! - We are OUTNUMBERED!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Love wheeling, Jeeps our sport? Take action!!! - We are OUTNUMBERED!!

Sorry, but looks like the previous post is not getting much response and I want to make sure this is getting enough exposure. I met 5 Jeepers thsi week, and incredibly they HAD NO IDEA about what is happening with teh BLM, and land closures, and basically take things for granted.

I am copying this from Kurt's post on Pirate and this is HUGELY important and you SHOULD take action if you love your Jeep, love wheeling, love accessing your trails and love our sport.

joining and helping get our voices heard is not just important, it is critical for our sport and hobby. We are all outdoor recreationists and enthusiasts, from bikers, to hikers, to snowmobilers, to horse raiders, to fishermen. If you want your voice heard you have to act.

We spend a lot of money and time on our rigs, supporting one of the groups that help support our sport doe snot take much. Even if you can not afford dropping a few bucks to these groups, make your voices heard. Send in your comments and help spread the word.

Please take the time to read and act now!

Thanks,

Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post
We are losing our access to public lands at an alarming rate.

Why is this happening? Because our pro-access organizations are WAY under funded and their membership numbers are abysmal. The Sierra Club can walk into a senator's office and say they represent 2.4 MILLION people....our own organizations can't do that. And that gives us way less voice where it matters: with our legislators who only think about potential votes.

Despite there being over 53 million OHV enthusiasts in the USA, the Sierra Club's membership base outnumbers us by about 500-1. While our organizations HAVE saved trails and are fighting tooth and nail for every inch of trail, they need YOUR HELP.

Take a quick second to add up how much money you have wrapped up in your rig.

Now add in all the $$ spent in gas, registration, smog, camping gear etc. that you had to pay for just to go wheeling.

Keeping that total dollar figure in your head: is $45 a year for Cal4 Wheel or $29 a year for the Blue Ribbon Coalition REALLY that much?

HERE IS WHAT I AM ASKING YOU TO DO RIGHT NOW:

1. Pick a pro-access organization that fits YOU.

Here's a few:

Cal4 Wheel is one of the oldest pro-access 4x4 organizations in the USA. Individual memberships are just $45 a year. You don't need to live in CA or be in a 4x4 club to join.

CA4WDA, Inc. CA4WDA Individual Membership

Or even better, Call Bonnie at Cal4 and join. (916) 381-8300 She is an AWESOME LADY.

BRC is one of the nationwide organizations, filled with people who are pro-access for not just 4x4's but dirt bikes, snowmobiles, watersports etc. Just $29 a year or $49.95 for two years.

https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute

There is also CORVA, CORVA - Home United, UFWDA | United Four Wheel Drive Associations and many others. I don't care WHO you join....just pick one that fits you, or sign up for as many as you can afford.

2. SIGN UP (or renew) AND TELL THEM KURT SENT YOU.

Do it now. I am not getting ANYTHING in return for this, they don't even know I am doing this, but I would like to see if we can make a measurable difference with this membership drive.

3. POST UP IN THIS THREAD AND BUMP IT.

Even better: please share it on social media if you can. If I can get the approval, and a few vendors on board, I may even turn this into a give-away. Stay tuned and check back occasionally.

Don't rely on the other guy. Our organizations need YOU.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Granite Guru

There is nothing more important, right now, than being a part of (member of) organizations fighting for you -- even if they are not perfect. We need numbers -- voices -- all on the same (or similar) sheet of music.

The people who don't like us are on a mission: 1) to drive a wedge between our groups and efforts; 2) to make us look bad in what we love to do; and 3) to make us think there is no use to join anything because we can't win (in their mis-directed eyes).

They are WRONG. BRC and other groups are having wins and we all need to be in the game, as an individual member of whatever makes sense to you. If we all do that; we will win MORE.
Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #3 of 3 Old 05-07-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Del thanks, and BTT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode