I’m honored to present the VLLS Class of 2015, Volunteer Leader & Land Stewardship (VLLS) Workshop. These folks graduated March 1, 2015 after an intense two and half days in training. The synergy and networking that took place were a huge success and undoubtedly made for the most powerful workshop I have ever been a part of or conducted.
• 40 folks in the room from 9 states, including as far from CA as IN and WI.
• 4Wheel Drive State Association Presidents from 3 states: CA, NV and AZ.
• Club presidents (current and past) from 3 dozen off road/4x4 clubs.
• Age group demographics represented from under 30 to over 60 years.
• Experience in off-roading from 10 years to 50 years of dirt and rocks.
• Everyone was a member of multiple groups and clubs, pushing the representation to nearly 200 organizations/clubs.
VLLS included an awesome special presentation by Don Amador (Quiet Warrior Racing and BlueRibbon Coalition) on politics and advocacy.
VLLS was presented by BFGoodrich Tires and Omix-Ada/Rugged Ridge, with sponsorship support from Poly Performance, Synergy Manufacturing, Raceline Wheels, Poison Spyder Customs, Inc., MetalCloak, Rubicon Trail Foundation and the cal4wheel Conservation & Education Foundation.
I appreciate the volunteers/coaches who helped me conduct this incredible workshop, and I tip my hat in special thanks to my partner-instructor, Kurt Schneider.
For more on recreational leadership and land stewardship training (RLTC online and VLLS hands-on), visit: http://www.rltc.biz