How To Write Effective Letters - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

How To Write Effective Letters

Writing effective land use type letters, or a letter about whatever you believe in, to some politician, bureaucrat or whatever, does not have to be scary or hard. Even a comment letter on a NEPA document to the USFS or BLM can be simple. It's a formula. In this short vid, I give you the tips and tricks to do this in simple form; short and sweet. Check it out and let me know.
http://youtu.be/qxQhevnXgu0?list=UUu...UDDkBei3taeERg

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 08:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Del
I have been trying to find the letter that was signed by many of the big retail companies, probably 5 years ago or so, opposing vehicular traffic on the BLM properties.

Searched the Internet and have come up empty. I remember North Face and Patagonia signed among many other big companies.

Do you know the letter? Got a copy you cod post?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #3 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

TCDawg, do you mean the big conglomerate of outdoor industry folks who ended up mostly being Wilderness supporters at the top end (not all the stores; but the admins of the outfit spoke out against us)? These guys:
http://outdoorindustry.org/

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepndel View Post
TCDawg, do you mean the big conglomerate of outdoor industry folks who ended up mostly being Wilderness supporters at the top end (not all the stores; but the admins of the outfit spoke out against us)? These guys:
http://outdoorindustry.org/

Yes.

TC

post #5 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

REI (whose leader Jewell ended up Sec'y of the Interior under O) is totally, openly against everything we do outdoors with motors, and they fully, openly, actively support more Wilderness, often.. Ben & Jerry's, Cannon Cameras, and a few others have shown their colors as well and WILL NOT listen to our side.

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #6 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Is that letter on that website?

TC

post #7 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Man, I am pretty sure it is, but I can't find it right now with the time I have to search...but I did a post on OIA here and maybe you can do some tracking. They sent that letter to the Obama administration, I'm pretty sure: http://www.delalbright.com/Access/ou...on_impact.html

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #8 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

BlueRibbon Coalition has been keeping up on this and I did find a few posts that might help find what you are looking for. Check this out at BRC website:
https://www.sharetrails.org/public-l...-opportunities

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #9 of 11 Old 01-03-2015, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepndel View Post
Man, I am pretty sure it is, but I can't find it right now with the time I have to search...but I did a post on OIA here and maybe you can do some tracking. They sent that letter to the Obama administration, I'm pretty sure: http://www.delalbright.com/Access/ou...on_impact.html

Thanks Del, I'll keep searching.

TC

post #10 of 11 Old 01-04-2015, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

You might find the letter you are searching for from here: https://www.sharetrails.org/public-l...-opportunities

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
)
Del's
and

post #11 of 11 Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Found it.

http://www.delalbright.com/Access/Ca...s%20letter.pdf

TC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode