Any land in Jacksonville, FL or near-by? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-19-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Any land in Jacksonville, FL or near-by?

I know I'm pretty new here but I'm primarily interested in making some new friends in the Jeep world and I figured I might as well dive right in. I'm pretty tired of going through the tiny mud-hole next to target and I'm a novice at what Jacksonville has to offer as far as off-road trails and the legality of it all so I thought I might try posting here first =) PM me or post here if you know of any places around here that I could explore! Thanks!

-Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Granite Guru

Get in touch with the Jeep Beach folks here on the forum and on other places, as I suspect they can help you out a lot. I plan to be at Jeep Beach in Daytona in May, so perhaps you can join us there.
Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #3 of 27 Old 02-20-2010, 08:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I am in Jax and have found one place in Jax and 2 small places in st augustine but ocala hardrock offroad park is only about 1.5 hours away but up to 3 depending on traffic an the way you go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I saw that Jeep Beach thing, that looks pretty neat! Seems like a ton of fun. We have plans for May on that weekend odly enough however lol, were going to Universal with some friends of ours. Theres always next year though!
post #5 of 27 Old 02-20-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
I am in Jax and have found one place in Jax and 2 small places in st augustine but ocala hardrock offroad park is only about 1.5 hours away but up to 3 depending on traffic an the way you go
Where in Jax is the spot your talking about? I look on google maps all day sometimes looking for places lol
post #6 of 27 Old 02-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Granite Guru

ha! i do that exact same thing!

i found 3 spots (kind of small). Google coordinates after each one

1. A1A gate at Mayport base- mud/sand holes (1 is real nasty) (30.383734, -81.436851)

2. Regency area- sand, hill climbs, a little mud. stay on the side w/o the paved roads and you'll be ok. (30.339039, -81.554782)

3. Southside by tinsel town- some trails and mud (30.273053, -81.563392)

let me know if you wana ride some time. i like doing these after work for something to get my wheelin fix! haha

where at in Jax do you live?

Help JKO Grow

post #7 of 27 Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
ha! i do that exact same thing!

i found 3 spots (kind of small). Google coordinates after each one

1. A1A gate at Mayport base- mud/sand holes (1 is real nasty) (30.383734, -81.436851)

2. Regency area- sand, hill climbs, a little mud. stay on the side w/o the paved roads and you'll be ok. (30.339039, -81.554782)

3. Southside by tinsel town- some trails and mud (30.273053, -81.563392)

let me know if you wana ride some time. i like doing these after work for something to get my wheelin fix! haha

where at in Jax do you live?
I'm off hodges & beach blvd. I get off at 5 every day so I could use a relaxing hour or however long of wheelin some time lol.
post #8 of 27 Old 02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Granite Guru

yea i'm in the navy so me and 1 or 2 other guys go at lunch or right after work behind base here to get a little muddy... it works... it's better than nothing!! haha

Help JKO Grow

post #9 of 27 Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Where in St Aug, btw?
post #10 of 27 Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There's a few decent areas but IMO, you gotta drive to get to the best of em.

South of Palatka off of 19 is the Rodman Dam Rec area. Keep headin South and you will find hundreds of miles of trails in the Ocala National Forest. Get a Motor Vehicle Usage map before you go to stay on the good side of them rangers. Get one here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/docu...vummapbook.pdf

West of Hawthorne off SR20 is Withlacoochee (or some junk) WMA.

Matanzas National Forest on US1 South of SR206.

Most WMA's allow free access though some require an annual pass fee. You may have to call and get a day permit via telephone at the gate. That's how Matanzas Forest works.

Here's a link for you to check out http://myfwc.com/Index.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.

Last edited by scottrock; 02-23-2010 at 01:32 PM.
post #11 of 27 Old 02-23-2010, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

there are two places in st aug and i sent the info to jkdave via pm.
if one of those guys dont give you the directions then pm me and ill send you directions to the spot.
but since wheeling places is far and few lets keep it in a good circle that understand that wheeling is far and few and we dont want that info in the wrong hands so just watch who you tell.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #12 of 27 Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Rock God

Anyone see those 2 trails on Philips Hwy just north of I-95 right before Regal on the Right. They look kind of wet and muddy and I see the occasional tire tracks coming out but am too afraid I will go in or out as a lovely JSO drives by. However, there are no signs posted that I can see...

ROBY

2008 Unlimited Black Sahara AKA Robicon
(O|||||||O)

Lifted with 35" MTR's, Detroit locked with 5.13's, Poison Spyder Front Bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Rubi Rails, Poison Spyder flares, Rock Krawler front U & LCA's, Ocala Trail Scratches & some other bits and pieces.

God Bless those that keep our Freedom Free!!
John3:16

post #13 of 27 Old 02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Rock God

Garage

I live in the Jacksonville area and Ive played in that area around regency mall Its not that great just a bunch of sand. Im up for doing ONF one Saturday or Sunday if anyone wants to go Could also check out that place south of Palatka or one of those WMAs
post #14 of 27 Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLG8TR View Post
Anyone see those 2 trails on Philips Hwy just north of I-95 right before Regal on the Right. They look kind of wet and muddy and I see the occasional tire tracks coming out but am too afraid I will go in or out as a lovely JSO drives by. However, there are no signs posted that I can see...
it's not that great. it's for jea to get back there and work on the power lines.

1)there is also a place on powers ave & old kings rd behind baker skinner baseball park. it's not much but still able to get the jeep dirty.
2)a place off of hogan and newton behind the fire station and to the right of the bassebal fields. its not much either. but again it gets the jeep dirty.
post #15 of 27 Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
I live in the Jacksonville area and Ive played in that area around regency mall Its not that great just a bunch of sand. Im up for doing ONF one Saturday or Sunday if anyone wants to go Could also check out that place south of Palatka or one of those WMAs
there are some trails if you go back in the woods. still not much but more than just sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba322 View Post
it's not that great. it's for jea to get back there and work on the power lines.

1)there is also a place on powers ave & old kings rd behind baker skinner baseball park. it's not much but still able to get the jeep dirty.
2)a place off of hogan and newton behind the fire station and to the right of the bassebal fields. its not much either. but again it gets the jeep dirty.
i've been to that 2nd one a few times it's not bad for a quick little after work cruise. gets quite muddy after a rain tho!

Help JKO Grow

post #16 of 27 Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not sure of you guys saw my post about this a while back but there are some fun sand dunes off of old st aug rd back in the industrial park where CITI is. They always make for some good times until you bury your rear axel into the sand.

post #17 of 27 Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave View Post
I saw that Jeep Beach thing, that looks pretty neat! Seems like a ton of fun. We have plans for May on that weekend odly enough however lol, were going to Universal with some friends of ours. Theres always next year though!
Universal - open 24/7 - 365

Jeep Beach 3 days, 600 Jeeps, lots of raffles, meet the JKO crew...seems like a no brainer to me?
post #18 of 27 Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Universal - open 24/7 - 365

Jeep Beach 3 days, 600 Jeeps, lots of raffles, meet the JKO crew...seems like a no brainer to me?

post #19 of 27 Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Too much to get into, how we came to that date as the time to go, long story short I can't cancel lol. Maybe if all 4 of us didn't have really conflicting schedules I'de tell them we should reschedule but for now I gotta deal with it

I know I'm a party pooper, maybe next year lol
post #20 of 27 Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM

I'd be up for some off roading around the Jacksonville area !!
post #21 of 27 Old 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikesterUK View Post
We just happen to have a run coming up! https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27300

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #22 of 27 Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave View Post
Too much to get into, how we came to that date as the time to go, long story short I can't cancel lol. Maybe if all 4 of us didn't have really conflicting schedules I'de tell them we should reschedule but for now I gotta deal with it

I know I'm a party pooper, maybe next year lol
You better make it to either Jeep & Truckfest with JKO FL Members or Jeeptoberfest then.

post #23 of 27 Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikesterUK View Post
There isn't much around here most of the places are 1 to 2 hours away but there are a few 5-20 min fun spots tucked here and there.

post #24 of 27 Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

East Coast Off Road park is about two hours north of you in GA.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #25 of 27 Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So bringing this thread back to life with a bump.

It's been a few years and several of my favorite places have been built over or blocked off. Anyone know of any new or interesting places to go? I found some spots down in the Nocatee area but most of it has been blocked off :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode