I hate tree huggers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 11-21-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I hate tree huggers

So I was thumbing through our local paper and what do I see. A damn tree hugger trying to get more of our Arizona playgrounds closed.

Manage off-road vehicles to protect forests for everyone

People concerned about the impact of off-road vehicles in Arizona’s national forests can now do something about it. Each national forest in Arizona is developing a “travel management plan” to determine which roads, trails and areas will be open to motorized vehicles and crosscountry travel. This public planning process comes at a time when critical values are threatened by off-roaders, and your participation is encouraged.

Off-road vehicles are a well-documented cause of habitat fragmentation and wildlife displacement. They reduce hunt quality and decrease hunter success on public lands. Escalating, unmanaged offroad vehicle use is damaging Arizona’s national forests and the ecosystem services they provide. Off-road vehicles pollute the air we breathe; damage rivers, streams, meadows, and wildlife habitat; and their noise spoils quiet recreation like hiking, camping, bird watching and hunting. They also erode soil and damage watersheds that provide clean drinking water.

In 2005, the Forest Service began implementing the Travel Management Rule, which requires federal land managers to designate a system of roads and areas where people can drive motorized vehicles and is based on an executive order signed by a Republican president more than 30 years ago. Arizona’s national forests are currently in the midst of making these designations.

Quiet, nonmotorized recreation on Forest Service lands in Arizona contributes approximately $362.6 million to local economies in Arizona while motorized recreation contributes significantly less. Quiet recreationists outnumber off-road vehicle enthusiasts 10 to 1 on most Forest Service lands. In these lean economic times, it makes sense to encourage quiet recreation to draw the largest number of people and dollars to our state. Risking the robust revenues from the largest number of forest users is foolish in today’s lean economy.

Some claim that those working to protect our public lands from the damage offroad vehicles cause are elitist (“Federal land closures trample social fabric,” Perspective, Nov. 8). However, a pair of hiking boots can be purchased for less than $50 while an off-road vehicle can cost tens of thousands of dollars, most of that money leaving the state. Repairing watersheds destroyed by irresponsible offroad driving can cost our communities countless millions of dollars. Losing an endangered species when habitat is lost is a cost we should not ask our children to bear.

The Tonto National Forest was created in 1905 primarily to protect the Salt and Verde River watersheds, which provide clean water to millions of people in Arizona. Making responsible decisions about where people can drive off-road vehicles and which areas must be protected will protect our way of life in Arizona, allowing all of us access to a quiet forest experience. Families will be able to leave the noise and traffic of the city for a forest that is peaceful, relaxing, and rejuvenates the spirit. Camping will still be allowed throughout the forest, and more funds will be available to maintain roads that are critical to accessing the forest.

We all have a right to access our public land, but nobody has a right to destroy it. Those who enjoy riding off-road vehicles have a right to do so, but only in areas and in ways that don’t destroy land, water, wildlife habitat and others’ recreational opportunities.

You have an obligation as an American to speak out on behalf of our public lands. You can do so by contacting the U.S. Forest Service and finding out how to get involved in travel management planning for your favorite Arizona national forest. You can get more information on the Center for Biological Diversity’s Web site http:// www.biologicaldiversity.org/programs/ public_lands/off-road_vehicles/travelmanagement_planning/index.html.

Cyndi Tuell is a Southwest Conservation Advocate

for the Tucson-based Center for Biological Diversity.

Additional information about the Tonto National

Forest proposed travel management plan can be

found at http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/travelmgt/

index.shtml.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I hate them too.
post #3 of 55 Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm a tree hugger... but not the kind you hate. They just don't know what they are talking about. I just hope no one listens to them. They are just ignorant.

This is me hugging the tree!

Yes!!!! After hugging the tree all day I get hungry.

I also hug the trees with my Pro Comp tree strap when I need to winch!

Last edited by 4x4x4; 11-21-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Rock God

What a load of malarky...I don't like them either...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #5 of 55 Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post

Real bowhunters use Recurves......and don't use peep-sights and releases.

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #6 of 55 Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Granite Guru

saw-wheeeet.

Closures, restrictions, unnecessary selfish lobbying by anti-access zealots are WHY you support folks like BlueRibbon Coalition, United 4WDa, your state assocation, whatever....those folks fighting FOR you so these wacko's don't get their way all the time.

We NEED AN ARMY.

Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #7 of 55 Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
Real bowhunters use Recurves......and don't use peep-sights and releases.

Wrong- Real bowhunter don't give a flip what anyone thinks about their equipment or tell someone else what they should use!
post #8 of 55 Old 11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you put down feed corn, you're no hunter. Just a guy out for target practice. Gun, bow, doesn't matter.

And as far as tree huggers go, I find that more of them pollute than Mtn Bikers, Jeepers etc... Dumping Power and Granola bar wrappers every where and ****. Bunch of fecking hypocrites!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #9 of 55 Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Don't have a feeder just good eyes for the lay of the land. I like the fact God put acorns on oak trees. Free range and free spirit!
post #10 of 55 Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Wrong, real hunters show up in the woods naked and take down game with their bare hands and teeth.

I hate tree huggers too.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #11 of 55 Old 01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If everyone would be responsible and tread lightly and be responsible on the trails as well as on the roads we wouldn't have the problem of trail and park closures. You are right must tree huggers are hypocrites driving their toyota Prius's that cause more pollution then LandRover Discovers!

post #12 of 55 Old 01-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
If everyone would be responsible and tread lightly and be responsible on the trails as well as on the roads we wouldn't have the problem of trail and park closures.
Don't kid yourself. Do you really think groups like the Sierra Club would really back off if everyone followed the 'Tread Lightly!' campaign to the letter? Not a chance!! They will use whatever excuse they can to close land, whether that excuse is real or fabricated (like planted fur samples). Their goal is to shut down the land to you, not to get you to Tread Lightly.
post #13 of 55 Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Rock God

Thumbs up

Awesome bow pics!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #14 of 55 Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Wheeler

stupid tree hugger video

click the link. youtube video of these idiots. i would hate to see what they do after dark in the forest with all those trees around all innocent and like. watch the vid and you'll see.

YouTube - Activist Fail
post #15 of 55 Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Wheeler

p.s. the longer real documentary is also on there and is hiliarious...
post #16 of 55 Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Crazy tree huggers YouTube - Crazy environmentalists mourn dead trees (now with annotations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post
I'm going to build a huge Jeep fort if we get the whole site to ourselves. Ziplines too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This thread has just become gayer than a biker fight at a Starbucks. Way to go Jersey!
post #17 of 55 Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JK'in View Post
Jesus H Christ. I have not laughed that hard in a very long time

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #18 of 55 Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Del, these guys are a major threat to us in Arizona lots of money

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #19 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Wheeler

I too hate tree huggers, if the name isn't obvious. The problem is that most of these vocal people are not environmentalists they only believe in preservation. The only "old growth" that hasn't been logged already are the giant sequoias. I work for the Forest Service and I always believed that instead of letting something die, that we use it! Makes sense to me. And to all those enviro's out there, a young tree produces 30% more 02 than a mature tree. So if you like to breath, go hug a logger!!!

The good and bad thing about Forest Service comments, is that anyone can comment during that period. Everyone who is for offroad use should be sending in emails and/or letters expressing what we do and how we help protect the FS lands. Most of us volunteer, rebuild trails to stop erosion, pick up trash, etc. Even if you live in Alaska, you have just as much say about AZ. So please, comment

Last edited by notatreehugger; 09-27-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More info
post #20 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Jesus H Christ. I have not laughed that hard in a very long time
Wish I could laugh. The idiots just piss me off! Maybe more than some of the idiots I encounter on the daily drive to work.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #21 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JK'in View Post
Those trees in that forest are like.. "Dude, I don't know these people... Really, I don't"

One of the youtube comments...

"Go see Avatar. It's three hours of this."

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural View Post
click the link. youtube video of these idiots. i would hate to see what they do after dark in the forest with all those trees around all innocent and like. watch the vid and you'll see.

YouTube - Activist Fail

Now you know that it's not really tree sap either.
post #23 of 55 Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Surely all these idiots live in adobe huts, right? Surely not one lives in a wood-framed house.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #24 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Rock God

I like the idea of saveing the enviorment, Wharton in NJ is a realy cool place, and needs to be protected. By us the people who are out there every week. And should be saved, for us, not for some tree hugger sitting at home and thinks it should be closed. We have to keep involved, Pine Barrens clean up is one way, good pr with the rangers that work out there. Check it out and show up.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #25 of 55 Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by notatreehugger View Post
I too hate tree huggers, if the name isn't obvious. The problem is that most of these vocal people are not environmentalists they only believe in preservation. The only "old growth" that hasn't been logged already are the giant sequoias. I work for the Forest Service and I always believed that instead of letting something die, that we use it! Makes sense to me. And to all those enviro's out there, a young tree produces 30% more 02 than a mature tree. So if you like to breath, go hug a logger!!!

The good and bad thing about Forest Service comments, is that anyone can comment during that period. Everyone who is for offroad use should be sending in emails and/or letters expressing what we do and how we help protect the FS lands. Most of us volunteer, rebuild trails to stop erosion, pick up trash, etc. Even if you live in Alaska, you have just as much say about AZ. So please, comment
Can you tell us who to send the e-mail to? I'd be happy to do that!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode