Attend Open House for Glen Canyon Off-road Vehicle Management Plan or comment!
U4WDA Members and Friends,
A proposed Off-road Vehicle Management Plan for the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is currently under a public review period. The DEADLINE for public comments on the proposed plan is MARCH 4, 2014
. The plan focuses on the types of vehicles permitted on various NPS controlled roads (i.e. conventional motor vehicles/ OHVs/ street-legal ATVs) and on the future of more than a dozen different shoreline ORV areas. There is also some discussion in the plan about closing and rehabilitating certain routes that are not a part of the park's designated route system. U4WDA is reviewing the documents and will provide additional insight at a later date. See more information at http://www.nps.gov/glca/parknews/pub...ement-plan.htm
In the meantime, there are 5 open houses scheduled throughout the state
for the public to meet with park representatives to better understand the plan. We encourage all four-wheel drive enthusiasts, especially those familiar with the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area plan, to please attend one of the following open houses. U4WDA will have a presence at a few of the open houses to gather additional information and to get a better understanding of the plan. See more information at http://www.nps.gov/glca/parknews/ope...ng-efforts.htm
Open houses are scheduled for the following locations and dates
· Blanding UT: Tuesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Blanding Arts and Events Center, located at 639 West 100 South, Blanding, UT
· Escalante UT: Wednesday, February 5, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, located at 755 W. Main, Escalante, UT
· Kanab UT: Thursday, February 6, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Kanab Middle School, located at 690 S. Cowboy Way, Kanab, UT
· Page AZ: Tuesday, February 11, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, located at 691 Scenic View Drive, Page, AZ
· Salt Lake City UT: Thursday, February 13, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Utah Department of Natural Resources, located at 1594 W. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT
Don't miss out on this great opportunity to let your voice be heard!
--Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association Land Use Director