URGENT SPREAD THE WORD - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Safari Straps

URGENT SPREAD THE WORD

I recently was sent this message. Please read below.

"The sole remaining cattle rancher in Lucerne Valley operates a 29,000 acre ranch. ALL of Rattlesnake Canyon is within this ranch. The ranchers, Billy & Julie Mitchell, are generally pro-OHV, and have worked with BLM and Wilderness folks to keep the Canyon open. However, Mr. Mitchell has recently had to put down two cattle and one horse due to injuries created by OHV users going too fast through the canyon, and on the north end nearer his house.

The rancher has asked that those of us who enjoy and appreciate the Canyon put out the word to all the internet forums and groups of OHV folks to tell them Rattlesnake Canyon will be shut down if his livelihood is jeopardized (his cattle).

Please do your part to educate others to slow down. Keep the dust and noise to a absolute minimum, give livestock the right of way, and don't scare them off the trail.

Feel free to copy this message to any other online forums you participate in. We have the opportunity to keep this fun trail open, preserving a corridor between the mountains and desert, but we must act responsibly and educate others who may not be as sensitive to the issues at hand.

Tread Lightly!

As an FYI: At least one OHV group, "MyJeepRocks" is actively working with the rancher and helping to create a signage program within the canyon to advise others of the Rules of the Road. If you want to contribute, stay tuned to "www.rattlesnakecan yontrail. com" which is in the process of being set up."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Openly Hostile

That would be a shame to loss that trail because people can't slow down heading into the canyon.

Jason
post #3 of 6 Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That stinks, some people just have no common sense. The guilty parties, at least in Texas, are the yahoos that aren't exactly "active enthusiasts" of the sport. Just a bunch of drunk rednecks that ought to have their ass kicked on a regular basis.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Safari Straps

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
That stinks, some people just have no common sense. The guilty parties, at least in Texas, are the yahoos that aren't exactly "active enthusiasts" of the sport. Just a bunch of drunk rednecks that ought to have their ass kicked on a regular basis.
It's the same here. Those kinds of people are generally not on forums. No self respecting Jeeper would do something like this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
JKO Addict!

I take offense of the drunk redneck comment!!! I love my beer but I would never behave in the manner of how you are saying. People need to wise up and take care of the good things in life.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Granite Guru

If you guys have some newbies to our sport that need some education on how to keep our trails open, I built a new simple website you can send them to: How to Save My Trails kinda thing. Straight forward, simple and easy to navigate.

Feel free to send them to:
http://www.savemytrails.com

thanks, Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode