NEW JK Dual Battery System - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 Old 05-25-2013, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

NEW JK Dual Battery System

Genesis Offroad announced a new dual battery system for JKs at Jeep Beach in Daytona a few weeks ago and had a tremendous response and a lot of positive feedback. We made a few adjustments and tweaks based on that feedback. We are very excited to let everyone know we are in full production now.

This is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system on the market. The top plate will come to you completely pre-wired, and all the wires are routed to line up perfectly with the battery posts to make installation very simple and foolproof.

• Fits all JK models '07 - present, 3.8L and 3.6L
  • Also fits the HEMI engine
  • Smart Isolator handles charging both batteries automatically
  • Includes Boost Switch to temporarily connect both batteries like jumper cables
  • High amp power and ground bus bars for easy accessory connections
  • Uses Group 34 batteries - Optima Red or Yellow Top, Odyssey PC1500, Sears Die Hard Platinum or others
  • Soldered, not crimped, HD terminals
  • Adhesive lined heat shrink protects wires
  • Battery tray has provisions to secure factory wiring harness for a clean installation
  • Integrated fuse box mount and evap solenoid mount for factory appearance
  • Extremely strong bracing on bottom keeps batteries secure
  • Stainless steel hardware
  • Lifetime Warranty on all parts including electronics

The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.

Here's how it works.
When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time.
When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down.
When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last.
After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13. 2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain.
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? We have a solution for that.
Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump start your engine off your accessory battery.
As long as the combined voltage of the 2 batteries is at least 12.7 volts, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator.
A remote status indicator light can be added on your dash to show you when the batteries are connected, indicating that they are both fully charged.

Also includes high amp power AND ground bus bars with dust covers. The bus bars are already pre-wired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly.

NOTE: 2007-2011 model years require a short extension cable for the evap solenoid. The extension is made with OEM connectors and wires to ensure a perfect watertight fit for easy installation. This piece is not required on 2012+ JKs. Be sure to specify your year model when ordering.

Genesis Offroad offers a lifetime warranty on all parts, even the electronic components, so buy with confidence that your investment will be protected.

For more details and to place your order, please visit our website -
http://www.genesisoffroad.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join us on

901-214-JEEP (5337)

Last edited by genesisoffroad; 10-26-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Rock God

absolutely awesome product, but i think you guys are a good bit off on the price point.
post #3 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
absolutely awesome product, but i think you guys are a good bit off on the price point.
My thoughts, also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Rock God

^ x 479 ^

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
post #5 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Granite Guru

I had my checkbook out when I saw it, and but instead had to spend that money on the doctor to get my heart started again after seeing the price :-)

12 JKUR w/J30 Top
05 KJ CRD
post #6 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Wheeler

The price may seem high, and out of my budget but I can say something about Genesis. I know them very well and Shane is good people. I can say for certain that anything they roll out will be top notch. I am pretty excited to see what cool products are going to come out of their shop now that they are in full swing.
post #7 of 113 Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Wheeler

I saw this set up in person at jeep beach. It is really nice and the fit and finish are top notch, but I do have to agree that looks only go so far. Price is a bit much for me. I could wire up a functioning system and buy a dual tray for half the cost.
post #8 of 113 Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Granite Guru

What I'd like to see is basically this integrated with an spod for $500-$600.
post #9 of 113 Old 05-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Rock God

I saw this briefly at Jeep Beach and I'm glad they are able to make this work for the 07-11 guys as well. However at that price point, by the time you add 2 batteries you are looking almost a grand invested in a dual battery setup. I just can't justify that.

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #10 of 113 Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upen View Post
I could wire up a functioning system and buy a dual tray for half the cost.
ya, this is what i was thinking as well. the all in one package is absolutely awesome, no guesswork and no having to source parts. price this around $300 and i think they would be a lot more attractive to lazy folks like myself that havnt spent the time to build a dual battery setup yet.
post #11 of 113 Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Rock God

IDK - add up the price for a quality JK dual box, an isolation kit and pre-wired with the extra features, and the price appears fair. Especially given the warranty.

Many JKers want dual batteries, and many are prepared to pay for well designed turn key premium products. So, if that is the target, this manufacturer hit it.
post #12 of 113 Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 AM
Rock God

I think the price is pretty fair also for the reason's stated. The other kits I checked out were, just the bracket, nothing more. I would like to see a bracket to mount the air box. I would like to keep the entire stock battery tray intact if I ever need to reinstall it. Don't want to cut it up, just to mount the air box. You could probably throw a couple of price mods up. Wiring yes/no, airbox bracket yes/no.

This is definitely on my list, don't know when I'll get to it, but it's there.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #13 of 113 Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

I like the "turn key" approach on this.

Just entering the dual battery market myself once I finish getting my fridge wired up and AT drawers installed.

This will be on the "comparison list" while I'm shopping.

p.s. I know quality products and craftsmanship costs $$....but I'd fork out $400-$425 a helluva lost faster than the $516 that this one would currently cost me...

post #14 of 113 Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtrail View Post
I would like to keep the entire stock battery tray intact if I ever need to reinstall it. Don't want to cut it up, just to mount the air box.

Ron
We do have you cut the stock air box mount off of the stock plastic tray. I really did not want the customer to have to go hacking up the stock plastic tray. But it is an easy cut to make and the stock tray is designed in such a way that its structural integrity is not affected by cutting off the air box mount. The reason it is all one piece is because it is easier to manufacture this way. We have reinstalled the plastic tray and separated air box mount back into a JK returning it to stock with no problems whatsoever.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-28-2013 at 03:07 PM.
post #15 of 113 Old 05-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Rock God

While cutting the battery tray is an easy item. Reinstalling the two pieces would be okay, but try explaining the cut battery tray when you bring it in for warranty work with dealerships that look for any reason to void your warranty. I'd rather keep my tray intact, forgo the dual battery system, and keep my warranty until it runs out. Benchmark design's had a simple bracket that was used to attach the stock air box, that way you could keep your old box intact.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.

Last edited by wanderingtrail; 05-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.
post #16 of 113 Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Vin
Granite Guru

As far as the price goes, as a previous owner of a now defunct Jeep accessory company's dual battery tray, I have to say, I feel cheated by that other company. This tray is a bit more ornate, and the wires install more cleanly and all for a similar price.

As far as warrantee work, I brought my old rig with the dual battery kit for regular service (every 3000 miles. A package was included with my Jeep for free service) and was never told once that the mod would cancel my warantee or extended warantee.

Very nice job on the tray. You'll probably get my business sometime in the summer.
post #17 of 113 Old 06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Rock God

I'm glad that your that lucky to have a dealership that turns a blind eye to modified vehicles. Unfortunately many of us are not that fortunate and would rather not have our vehicles flagged in the system. I've already been given the heads up that my local dealership has been told to do this. Not modified by Chrysler, no warranty. I personally think that a simple bracket to go with a very nice dual battery tray isn't to much to add, nor to difficult to figure out.

I have owned a dual battery tray from a now defunct dual battery tray maker.

Ron

post #18 of 113 Old 06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Granite Guru

Wow. Very nice product, but way too rich for my blood.

I made my own dual battery setup with a big Group 31 AGM battery secured under the rear seat. I cut up some heavy-duty jumper cables to route the power, fused both ends of the +12v leads, and manually controlled the connection between the two batteries with this solenoid hooked up to my sPOD.

I'm not using my rear battery as a primary battery - it's there to power my compressor and fridge, while also being a just-in-case backup battery for if my primary battery leaves me stranded out in the boonies.

The biggest concern with an auxiliary battery - especially in the passenger compartment - is that it's properly secured so that it doesn't become a projectile in a wreck. Genesis' kit appears to be plenty strong. My own battery installation would require the seat to be ripped from the floor before the battery could even move an inch. But you also definitely don't want a liquid-acid battery in the cab - only an AGM style or one of those fancy-schmancy new lithium batteries. You also need to be mindful of hydrogen being released from the battery, but in a well-ventilated open-top Jeep there's no cause for concern.

: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #19 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
I'm glad that your that lucky to have a dealership that turns a blind eye to modified vehicles. Unfortunately many of us are not that fortunate and would rather not have our vehicles flagged in the system. I've already been given the heads up that my local dealership has been told to do this. Not modified by Chrysler, no warranty. I personally think that a simple bracket to go with a very nice dual battery tray isn't to much to add, nor to difficult to figure out.

I have owned a dual battery tray from a now defunct dual battery tray maker.

Ron
If they are going to flag you for cutting your battery tray then they are sure going to flag you for installing dual batteries period. I'd suggest finding another dealer.
post #20 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Wheeler

Pretty reasonable price point once you factor in all the bits to a put system together. I already have a system but if I didn't, this would be a very attractive option.

I would also offer it in tray only form, for those that want to set up their own.
post #21 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I like this! And perfect timing considering I toasted a battery during my Colorado trip while winching for a long while. Safe to assume these are in stock and readily available?
post #22 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock View Post
If they are going to flag you for cutting your battery tray then they are sure going to flag you for installing dual batteries period. I'd suggest finding another dealer.
Hmmm lets just say that a certain electrical part under the hood that attaches to that fails. I can just reinstall the stock uncut tray and take it in for the work. Now lets just say technician working on it find a cut off part of the tray under that said electrical part. FLAG... NO WARRANTY, owner modified Jeep and caused parts failure. Yea I wouldn't be dumb enough to roll it into the dealership with the dual battery tray still in it. But I guess spending a little time and making a bracket would be way to hard for someone who designed this tray. Yea I would love to find another dealership, the next one is 50 miles away that would turn somewhat of a blind eye to it.

Ron
Trying to ward off the electrical gremlin by not saying the name of the part.

post #23 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It still looks like a great system. My warranty was out in 10 months of ownership. I'm all for this! Anybody have one installed yet! I wasn't at Jeep beach to see this.
post #24 of 113 Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Hmmm lets just say that a certain electrical part under the hood that attaches to that fails. I can just reinstall the stock uncut tray and take it in for the work. Now lets just say technician working on it find a cut off part of the tray under that said electrical part. FLAG... NO WARRANTY, owner modified Jeep and caused parts failure. Yea I wouldn't be dumb enough to roll it into the dealership with the dual battery tray still in it. But I guess spending a little time and making a bracket would be way to hard for someone who designed this tray. Yea I would love to find another dealership, the next one is 50 miles away that would turn somewhat of a blind eye to it.

Ron
Trying to ward off the electrical gremlin by not saying the name of the part.
They actually have to prove that your modification caused the failure. I've been to 2 different dealers with the dual battery tray and many many mods and all I have gotten are compliments. No way I am taking them off or apart every time I have to make a trip to the dealer.

No sense in buying a Wrangler and not modifying it in my opinion!!!

Sorry to the OP for the hijack, it's a nice piece of kit!! Every dual battery tray option I've seen with the exception of the one that's out of business still requires cutting the factory tray, it's no big deal and should not discourage any one from purchasing.

2013 Unlimited Rubicon
Auto, 4.10, ARB On-board air, Goodyear DuraTrac 285/70/17 on AEV Pintlers, sPod w/Aeroforce, Rigid D2's, Vector JKE Dock, AEV 2.5" lift, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ARB rear bumper. Superwinch EPi9.0s, Hella 500FF, Dual Batteries, Gobi Stealth

SOLD -2010 Unlimited Sport

Last edited by dstock; 06-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.
post #25 of 113 Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Rock God

I'm going to buy one also, but will wait till my warranty expires. Sorry for the Hijack also. Back on Topic.

Ron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode