NEW JK Dual Battery System - Page 5 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 112 Old 03-16-2015, 03:27 PM

I agree! and/or the twin ARB air compressor set up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 112 Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bump for new pic!

Dual battery kits and G Screens are in stock!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join us on

901-214-JEEP (5337)

post #103 of 112 Old 05-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Rock God

Going to resurrect an old thread here.

Question about the differences between the standard and upgraded smart isolator. Which one would you recommend to handle a winch and ViAIR air compressor.

Oh, I also noticed your on Amazon now... I have money over there, so ordering next week. Now to hide the box from the wife.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 112 Old 05-28-2015, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Technically speaking, you want to match the rating of the isolator to the rating of your alternator. The 85 vs 200 amp isolator rating is referring to the amount of continuous current flowing through it, either into the batteries or being sucked out by your accessories. The 3.8 and the 3.6 engines both have alternators rated above 85 amps, but in real world applications, you'll never see the full output of the alternator. The 3.6 is rated at 160 amps, but unless you're in Park with the pedal on the floor with the rpms through the roof, you won't see anywhere close to that. The isolator can handle spikes up to 750 amps. That's why it's fine for using with a winch. When you wind your winch down tight, it can drain an enormous amount of amps quickly, but don't worry, the isolator can handle it.

So I usually tell folks that the 85 amp version is perfectly suitable to most Jeep owners. If you plan to run a big stereo system with amplifiers, or if you plan to run multiple electrical accessories at the same time, or have an unusually large electrical demand on your Jeep, then you'll want to spring for the 200 amp version. Also if you run an aftermarket high output alternator, then definitely get the 200.

Now, all that being said, when I explain all that to folks on the phone or by email, they usually end up getting the 200 amp upgrade just for a bit of peace of mind or as a safety factor, or because they just like doing everything overkill. Certainly nothing wrong with that! There's no down side to going with the 200 amp version.

I hope this helps! We have plenty of kits and G Screens in stock, and we normally ship within 24 hours!

Join us on

901-214-JEEP (5337)

post #105 of 112 Old 06-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Granite Guru

Has anyone installed a SwitchPro with a Genesis dual battery kit? I have a switchpro and was looking to add a Genesis Dual Battery kit but looks like they want the same real estate under the hood.

Thanks.
post #106 of 112 Old 06-20-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Someone was asking about that a couple weeks ago. I believe he was able to move their little box over a bit on the firewall to fit between the batteries and the engine. I'm pretty sure he got it to work, but I didn't get any final installed pictures.

Join us on

901-214-JEEP (5337)

post #107 of 112 Old 07-19-2015, 09:08 PM

Can you use this system in conjunction with portable solar panels?
post #108 of 112 Old 07-20-2015, 07:26 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesisoffroad View Post
Someone was asking about that a couple weeks ago. I believe he was able to move their little box over a bit on the firewall to fit between the batteries and the engine. I'm pretty sure he got it to work, but I didn't get any final installed pictures.
Just fyi these were posted in another place in response to this question.
Attached Images

post #109 of 112 Old 07-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Wheeler

maybe I missed it but will this work with the arb twin underhood more mount??
post #110 of 112 Old 09-23-2019, 05:16 PM
Wheeler

Fitament Question

Bringing this thread back from the dead! Does the most current model of your tray fit a 2012+ with a RIPP Supercharger? Earlier in the thread I observed a 3.8, looking for info on the 3.6. Also how far above the outer bottom of the factory tray is your tray? I am running bolt on front Evo Coilovers, I had to trim into the reinforcing plastic of the stock battery tray.
post #111 of 112 Old 09-24-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yes, the new RIPP Supercharger will work just fine. Our new battery tray keeps the fuse box and the air box in the factory locations, so anything that works around those will work with our kit. The RIPP kit stays at the front of the engine and doesn't interfere with the battery area.
We have several customers running the Evo coilovers. It's easier to install those coilovers with our battery tray. The stock tray is made of thick plastic to give it some rigidity, but since ours is made of 1/8" steel, you'll end up with more room under the tray, about an extra inch or so.
We keep plenty of kits in stock all the time for quick shipping!
Be sure to subscribe to our youtube channel. We are working on some more new helpful tech tip videos!
http://www.youtube.com/genesisoffroad

Join us on

901-214-JEEP (5337)

Last edited by genesisoffroad; 01-04-2020 at 01:18 PM.
post #112 of 112 Old 11-25-2019, 11:47 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'll confirm -- kit fits with EVO bolt-on coilovers, Mopar CAI, and Edelbrock supercharger. The latter actually made it easier because the Edelbrock kit includes EVAP lines that eliminated the need to use the Genesis EVAP lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode