Jeep JK/JKU balljoint - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 06-13-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Jeep JK/JKU balljoint

I was recently able to wear-out my 2011 Jeep JKUs set of Synergy Mfg. HD balljoints.

I was a few sets in, having used Synergy BJs . This 2nd set had just taken a fairly good smack by a hidden spear of rock at Hale Mnt OHV park a few weeks prior . They were more gone than just re-greasing was gonna help.

So, I order myself another set of the hearty synergy mfg. BJs + a tube of their grease. I started doin' pushups ahead-of this install to get swole.

I hesitated, for some reason ,to install them.
I don't know why.
but I had all this sitting around garage for over a week

....I'd even grabbed the nice balljoint set ,ready to do my NEXT set of bj's from the autoparts place...

I am just so good at being a slacker.

I am kinda glad that I procrastinated ,now.

a box showed up on my doorstep today from San Luis Obispo:

's'like a darn mystery box ..

wha!?

Cool!
It appears Synergy Mfg. has been working on these, getting them ready to drop them on the market in a few weeks. They are

Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

…got some 5 years of testing and over 100,000 miles on this ball joint design… we are confident there's not much room left for improvement…
a lifetime ball joint with a lifetime warranty. They can be adjusted on the vehicle without taking anything apart and can be rebuilt on the vehicle without having to press them out

I get to let you guys know about these and I will also be installing a set & run them on my 4 door.

These are the production version, just not in the full packaging yet & are just as new to me as they are now to you
If they are what they are advertised to be, it will be nice to have another, affordable alternative to what exists on the market currently for balljoints opn the fat JK, espacially the Unlimited.
I do not yet know the price point

Synergy was very cool for hearin’ my woes with the balljoint gods, sending me these to run & will in turn let you guys check them out while I put them thru their paces

Here is what I am speaking about:

Those are the soon to be available, adjustable balljoints . The upper looks the same as the current Synergy BJs . These do appear to be a higher quality steel than the current, HD model Synergy BJs.
Here is the hardware bag I got,

current model of non-adjustable balljoint from Synergy Mfg.:

upcoming adjustable lower of Synergy Mfg. balljoints for 07-18 Jeep JK/JKUs

the two lower balljoints , one on left is the upcoming Synergy Mfg. Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK). The one on the right is the current Synergy Mfg. HD Balljoint set for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK/JKU D30/D44

Synergy lowers:
Current model on left| Upcoming, adjustable lower balljoint on right:

Supposed to be able to set preload, adjust as it wears over time, when you cannot adjust further you take it apart , replace bushing and washer and roller then re-assemble.

Sounds to damn good to be true.

We shall see!

Here are the rest of the pictures I grabbed for you guys:
forthcoming lower adjustable balljoint:

current lower balljoint from Synergy Mfg. :

\

lower disassembled view :

photo from the install guide for Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK) forthcoming from Synergy Mfg.
which is around 20 pages ?
It is very good , thorough documentation.
These are similar to the RAM balljoints from Synergy Mfg in that manner ,as-well.

Either way, good job Synergy ; more of this abundant documentation stuff, please!

..lower BJ installed on JK knuckle photo , from the install guide:

I will install them in next week or two.
I will update this with details as I use the balljoints.
Then i will beat upon them for, hopefully & if they work as claimed, as long as I have this JKU

Thanks @AllJumpStyle & @PIG & Synergy Mfg. for lettin’ me try these
Synergy Mfg. Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

come back when you see I have posted an update
don’t give me shit about how long I may take to install; it'll happen...

here is the link to the Synergy MNfg page for the RAM truck set of balljoints:
https://www.synergymfg.com/dodge-ram...joint-kit.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-14-2019 at 04:26 AM. Reason: color font not easy to read on Tapatalk & mobile: changed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 06-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Random Dude

So, can we call you "Tammy" now?

But seriously: those look sweet. Thanks for the heads-up and upcoming updates

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #3 of 35 Old 06-13-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
So, can we call you "Tammy" now?

But seriously: those look sweet. Thanks for the heads-up and upcoming updates
''

It hit me about 3 minutes ago when @snout texts me & asks if I have a purple dildo now that," oh fuck. I actually just told them this , didn't I?!"

Oh no you don't!

You know I don't ask for stuff; they just send it to me, JeepDa....oh my freaking god....

I am Jammy

ExWrench and ndtguy like this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-14-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
''

It hit me about 3 minutes ago when @snout texts me & asks if I have a purple dildo now that," oh fuck. I actually just told them this , didn't I?!"

Oh no you don't!

You know I don't ask for stuff; they just send it to me, JeepDa....oh my freaking god....

I am Jammy

Perhaps next you could review electrical repair items . . .

. . . like these

Name:  640px-Wire_Nut_Ideal_No._65.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.4 KB

Oh, and . . .

We're getting T-shirts to show appreciation for your new review channel:

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  16.3 KB

Congrats on your upcoming blog

The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-14-2019 at 04:29 AM. Reason: change to entire thread font color. testing on Tapatalk & mobile view looked unreadable
post #5 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

if you are posting those because I'm a free-wheelin guy, super-confident, shexy, full-time- Daddy , closet-blogger, not-a-parts-whore-,unless there's wine involved, whiny, Wave sticker-sporting, damaged-goods, post-menepausal , white male who never gets laid but that energy is directed towards the only attention of any sort that is intense in any manner &:that just happens to occur from coming to this Jeep forum with you bunch of assholes trying to be my friend, well.....you'd be just a little to close to pwning my life up in front of me ...and I'd have to HGDT this & most everything I ever said in here.
"Zinfandale Rage"

um...,, before I go , can I get those wingnuts for my Synergy Mfg BallJoints that I didn't ask for but i mean, as long as they're right there...

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-14-2019 at 04:28 AM.
post #6 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

@AllJumpStyle

I tried , dude,

inevitable

(buncha degenerates ... <3 )

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-14-2019 at 04:28 AM.
post #7 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 05:21 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Interesting, not you turning into a parts whore, the adjustable BJ's. Hmmmm
j3ff3ry_j33p, ExWrench and ndtguy like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 07:16 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Interesting, not you turning into a parts whore, the adjustable BJ's. Hmmmm
Yep, I'm seriously interested in these, especially if that lower can be greased with an RCV axle in the way. It looks like it may be - here's hoping

post #9 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

I was recently able to wear-out my 2011 Jeep JKUs set of Synergy Mfg. HD balljoints.

I was a few sets in, having used Synergy BJs . This 2nd set had just taken a fairly good smack by a hidden spear of rock at Hale Mnt OHV park a few weeks prior . They were more gone than just re-greasing was gonna help.

So, I order myself another set of the hearty synergy mfg. BJs + a tube of their grease. I started doin' pushups ahead-of this install to get swole.

I hesitated, for some reason ,to install them.
I don't know why.
but I had all this sitting around garage for over a week

....I'd even grabbed the nice balljoint set ,ready to do my NEXT set of bj's from the autoparts place...

I am just so good at being a slacker.

I am kinda glad that I procrastinated ,now.

a box showed up on my doorstep today from San Luis Obispo:

's'like a darn mystery box ..

wha!?

Cool!
It appears Synergy Mfg. has been working on these, getting them ready to drop them on the market in a few weeks. They are

Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

…got some 5 years of testing and over 100,000 miles on this ball joint design… we are confident there's not much room left for improvement…
a lifetime ball joint with a lifetime warranty. They can be adjusted on the vehicle without taking anything apart and can be rebuilt on the vehicle without having to press them out

I get to let you guys know about these and I will also be installing a set & run them on my 4 door.

These are the production version, just not in the full packaging yet & are just as new to me as they are now to you
If they are what they are advertised to be, it will be nice to have another, affordable alternative to what exists on the market currently for balljoints opn the fat JK, espacially the Unlimited.
I do not yet know the price point

Synergy was very cool for hearin’ my woes with the balljoint gods, sending me these to run & will in turn let you guys check them out while I put them thru their paces

Here is what I am speaking about:

Those are the soon to be available, adjustable balljoints . The upper looks the same as the current Synergy BJs . These do appear to be a higher quality steel than the current, HD model Synergy BJs.
Here is the hardware bag I got,

current model of non-adjustable balljoint from Synergy Mfg.:

upcoming adjustable lower of Synergy Mfg. balljoints for 07-18 Jeep JK/JKUs

the two lower balljoints , one on left is the upcoming Synergy Mfg. Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK). The one on the right is the current Synergy Mfg. HD Balljoint set for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK/JKU D30/D44

Synergy lowers:
Current model on left| Upcoming, adjustable lower balljoint on right:

Supposed to be able to set preload, adjust as it wears over time, when you cannot adjust further you take it apart , replace bushing and washer and roller then re-assemble.

Sounds to damn good to be true.

We shall see!

Here are the rest of the pictures I grabbed for you guys:
forthcoming lower adjustable balljoint:

current lower balljoint from Synergy Mfg. :

\

lower disassembled view :

photo from the install guide for Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK) forthcoming from Synergy Mfg.
which is around 20 pages ?
It is very good , thorough documentation.
These are similar to the RAM balljoints from Synergy Mfg in that manner ,as-well.

Either way, good job Synergy ; more of this abundant documentation stuff, please!

..lower BJ installed on JK knuckle photo , from the install guide:

I will install them in next week or two.
I will update this with details as I use the balljoints.
Then i will beat upon them for, hopefully & if they work as claimed, as long as I have this JKU

Thanks @AllJumpStyle & @PIG & Synergy Mfg. for lettin’ me try these
Synergy Mfg. Jeep JK Adjustable Ball Joints for 2007 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

come back when you see I have posted an update
don’t give me shit about how long I may take to install; it'll happen...

here is the link to the Synergy MNfg page for the RAM truck set of balljoints:
https://www.synergymfg.com/dodge-ram...joint-kit.html

What's the over under on install timeline

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #10 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

I'll ask the question that's really on everyone's mind...
Who gets the other set of BJs?

Quote:
y'aller from California,huh?
post #11 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
Yep, I'm seriously interested in these, especially if that lower can be greased with an RCV axle in the way. It looks like it may be - here's hoping

i probably mentioned above but I have carefully evaluated the difference between the current & these adj balljoints. Install as many as we all do of these things and you get ready for minutia like small but significant measurements.

I have just about 3.4mm-3.5mm between current zerk on the flush seated lower BJ .
These appear to have 1.5mm of additional height & a different zerk fitting channel (edit: that fits & seats zerk atr about same height. The top of bj is just higher-up around it by 1.5mm since this channel cut out of the top is deeper ) .
you can see the 1.5mm of difference if you look at the current & the new (1 on the left) BJ ,focusing on the edge around the middle where it will sit on the knuckle.

I think it is just gonna be enough room to jam a needle type greasegun fitting in there...

my very first question for Chris was "do they work with RCVs?"
he said that they do.

fingers crossed.

ExWrench likes this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.
post #12 of 35 Old 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
I'll ask the question that's really on everyone's mind...
Who gets the other set of BJs?

oh, I already emailed Morris4x4 18,000 times that they are available for return to them.

(if you think I got them from Morris you are wrong. I was joking )

post #13 of 35 Old 06-18-2019, 08:23 AM
Rock God

I got 60K miles on a worn out set of Synergy BJ's... the passenger side took a fucking hit from a cunt at 45mph and has no-more play than the other... but they are both wore out after only 60k miles.

That enough complaining for Synergy to send me some free shit too?

Srsly though. Glad I stumbled upon your Tammy-esque post as I was going to order replacements sometime soon.

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #14 of 35 Old 06-18-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D94R View Post
I got 60K miles on a worn out set of Synergy BJ's... the passenger side took a fucking hit from a cunt at 45mph and has no-more play than the other... but they are both wore out after only 60k miles.

That enough complaining for Synergy to send me some free shit too?

Srsly though. Glad I stumbled upon your Tammy-esque post as I was going to order replacements sometime soon.

hang in there a bit longer. I will have these installed by weekend and Synergy Mfg says these are fixing to drop on market very, like very, soon. They reiterated to me that these are production units and they are just finishing the marketing and packaging at present.

post #15 of 35 Old 06-18-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
What's the over under on install timeline

I resemble this statement, arsehole.

post #16 of 35 Old 06-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Wheeler

It would be really awesome if they release these in the next couple of weeks! I'm going to install my Synergy long arm lift and build the axles for my wifes JKU over 4th of July week. It would be nice to install a set of these while I have the ball joints out for knuckle gussets and a cut and turn job on the inner C's.

@ PIG... So when can I get a set?
Fklein6768 likes this.
post #17 of 35 Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

I resemble this statement, arsehole.
1 week left....

Tammy would have had that shit installed within hours of receipt

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #18 of 35 Old 06-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
1 week left....

Tammy would have had those tie rods installed within hours of receipt

FTFY

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #19 of 35 Old 06-21-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
1 week left....

Tammy would have had that shit installed within hours of receipt

im gettin to it ... you've no idea how much I am not looking forward to this.

I loath this install, but add to that the tiny,. added element of ," wtf if these actually do not clear the RCVs?" & , yeah.

I am manned-up, eating eggs & tryin to shut down early today to go out n go bust my spleen to get them breakerbar'ed - out today. I have some helpful, larger than myself, good-ol-boys from a more,um, 'rural area' of Tennessee, on-call ,in case I girly-man out.

chill your heels, bud .

cross your fingers that these fit.

post #20 of 35 Old 06-21-2019, 05:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
im gettin to it ... you've no idea how much I am not looking forward to this.

I loath this install, but add to that the tiny,. added element of ," wtf if these actually do not clear the RCVs?" & , yeah.

I am manned-up, eating eggs & tryin to shut down early today to go out n go bust my spleen to get them breakerbar'ed - out today. I have some helpful, larger than myself, good-ol-boys from a more,um, 'rural area' of Tennessee, on-call ,in case I girly-man out.

chill your heels, bud .

cross your fingers that these fit.
It's not a very fun item to address but I am looking forward to the review and clearance info

Last 2 sets I have done 1 jk and 1 tj the whole axles have been out so it's been relatively pain free.

Get er done

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #21 of 35 Old 06-23-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

at least the housing appears straight , RCVs are straight & to just try making things go smoothly, I have the BJ's in the freezer overnight prior to pressing them in this morning.

no, I've no science behind that helping or not. At very least I can shove them down my pants to cool myself down, since it's hotter than a $2 pistol in my garage.

srry, no better shots ..I'm working on 'em!

Fklein6768 likes this.

post #22 of 35 Old 06-23-2019, 07:53 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

BJs and Crinkle cut fries. That’s all a guy needs.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
y'aller from California,huh?
post #23 of 35 Old 06-23-2019, 08:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

at least the housing appears straight , RCVs are straight & to just try making things go smoothly, I have the BJ's in the freezer overnight prior to pressing them in this morning.

no, I've no science behind that helping or not. At very least I can shove them down my pants to cool myself down, since it's hotter than a $2 pistol in my garage.

srry, no better shots ..I'm working on 'em!

Getting the old ones out is usually the more painful side of things. Good luck and hydrate often

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #24 of 35 Old 06-23-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Getting the old ones out is usually the more painful side of things. Good luck and hydrate often

here's good karma or just knowing what one another are up to & how that
can be beneficial; the above friendship reminder ," hydrate often..."may seem off the cuff & no big deal; I was just sitting out here wondering why I was slowing down , irritable & confused. Yes, I'm old but you, sir , just reminded my OCD self that I haven't had anything to drink for over 2 hours. I'm dehydrated. You are a true gentleman, sir.

update:

about to grease the new ones a little , remove their boots & press home. say a prayer.

post #25 of 35 Old 06-23-2019, 02:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

here's good karma or just knowing what one another are up to & how that

can be beneficial; the above friendship reminder ," hydrate often..."may seem off the cuff & no big deal; I was just sitting out here wondering why I was slowing down , irritable & confused. Yes, I'm old but you, sir , just reminded my OCD self that I haven't had anything to drink for over 2 hours. I'm dehydrated. You are a true gentleman, sir.

update:

about to grease the new ones a little , remove their boots & press home. say a prayer.

I figure at my age if I haven't had to pee in over an hour I must not be drinking enough.

Finish line is near

www.4x4s-pod.com

Last edited by Fklein6768; 06-24-2019 at 05:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode