Bolt in Spidertrax Axles - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 6Likes
  • 5 Post By ALASHA
  • 1 Post By thedirtman
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,074
Feedback: 0 reviews
Bolt in Spidertrax Axles

About damn time someone started advertising this. Its almost what I wished it to be

https://www.millerrockracing.com/i-8...ef=category:68



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 04-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Severance ,Co.
Age: 70
Posts: 389
Feedback: 0 reviews

That's a beautiful axle. You're right about the lack of exposure.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
scubatech is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 04-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Wheeler
 
holiday13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ, don't hold it against me!
Age: 43
Posts: 97
Feedback: 0 reviews

Wondered for a long time why no one was doing bolt in 9" axles for the JK (other than Currie who didn't really push it), superior to the 60 in every way. Awesome Erik took that need and is bringing product to market!

2012 JKU Sahara, basically stock
1989 4Runner, SAS, ARBs, 35's, yada yada yada
1998 Tj 1ton build in progress, stretch to LJ dimensions, chevy v8 (350+hp), auto, duals, 1tons, 40's, coilovers, the usual family wheeler

Former Team Quadratec driver #831
holiday13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 AM
Wheeler
 
TravisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Gastonia, NC
Posts: 39
Feedback: 0 reviews

Erik has been successfully testing these in his JK for a while now.

2012 JKUR, auto, tons, a little lift, 4Ds, not much else
TravisW is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 05:27 AM
JKO Addict!
 
thedirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: southwest reno, nv
Age: 51
Posts: 4,172
Feedback: 0 reviews

ITs because they are expensive when you get done and dynatrac PR look like a bargain. I would not buy a "bolt in" and would just buy the housing so the brackets have better clearance and you can put the brackets where you need them to better optimize whatever lift you are running.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thedirtman is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 09:25 AM
Wheeler
 
holiday13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ, don't hold it against me!
Age: 43
Posts: 97
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
ITs because they are expensive when you get done and dynatrac PR look like a bargain. I would not buy a "bolt in" and would just buy the housing so the brackets have better clearance and you can put the brackets where you need them to better optimize whatever lift you are running.
I do not mean this to be a pissing match but when you put paper to pen 9" is the same or could be less than DT PR 60's. Pair of PR 60's with ARBs you're at $13k (before shipping). 9" figure:
Housings $1500 (pair)
Knuckles $1800
Floater end caps $240
Unit bearings $2400
Brackets $800 (figure use Artec and modify to fit)
Truehi9 front third $3000
Low pinion rear third $2000
Shafts rear $400
Shafts front $750
Total $12,890
And that's with unit bearing knuckles from ST and their unit bearings, if you went with Solid or Reid knuckle and bearing kits you could shave $ off. Yes there are labor costs in welding and final assembly but these are also retail prices for you and me and a shop producing these would see disocunts on parts that would offset the labor and then some. 9" built similar to DT PR 60s are right there price wise but have stronger R&P, more ground clearance, and are lighter, A LOT lighter!!!!
holiday13 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 11:05 AM
JKO Addict!
 
gt1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 3,609
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Always good to see another option out there.

Spidertrax isn't a name you'd equate with inexpensive though. I'd expect there to be some sticker shock that comes with them.

Kevin
gt1guy is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!
 
thedirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: southwest reno, nv
Age: 51
Posts: 4,172
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by holiday13 View Post
I do not mean this to be a pissing match but when you put paper to pen 9" is the same or could be less than DT PR 60's. Pair of PR 60's with ARBs you're at $13k (before shipping). 9" figure:
Housings $1500 (pair)
Knuckles $1800
Floater end caps $240
Unit bearings $2400
Brackets $800 (figure use Artec and modify to fit)
Truehi9 front third $3000
Low pinion rear third $2000
Shafts rear $400
Shafts front $750
Total $12,890
And that's with unit bearing knuckles from ST and their unit bearings, if you went with Solid or Reid knuckle and bearing kits you could shave $ off. Yes there are labor costs in welding and final assembly but these are also retail prices for you and me and a shop producing these would see disocunts on parts that would offset the labor and then some. 9" built similar to DT PR 60s are right there price wise but have stronger R&P, more ground clearance, and are lighter, A LOT lighter!!!!
No lock out hubs, pinion yokes, or brakes in your breakdown. I priced out building them once and it was closer to $18k when all said and done.
ChuckTheRipper likes this.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thedirtman is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 11:12 AM
JKO Addict!
 
gt1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Iberia, La.
Posts: 3,609
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
No lock out hubs, pinion yokes, or brakes in your breakdown. I priced out building them once and it was closer to $18k when all said and done.
^^This^^

Besides, who's going to choose to take this route and then go budget build?

Kevin
gt1guy is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,074
Feedback: 0 reviews

I believe you are pricing out Spidertrax knuckles which this axle doesnt appear to be using so there is some cushion there to probably account for the lock outs at least.

I dont think this is being marketed as a cheaper alternative than Dynatrac but I think there is a market out there that is willing to pay a slight premium for the weight savings and ground clearance.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 04-16-2019, 03:51 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Carson, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 206
Feedback: 4 reviews

These axles must be using the Spicer inner c from the ultimate 60 axles, which are compatible with 05+ superduty knuckles, making all of those parts dirt cheap.
wellstig1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spidertrax Axles - which unit bearings? jk12blk Modified JK Tech Dept. 3 11-02-2015 07:02 AM
USA MADE JK Rear Chromoly Axles Rubi and Non-Rubi 30 32 or 35 spline COMPLETE BOLT IN RWKHausSupply Vendor's Marketplace 2 08-29-2014 10:17 AM
Spidertrax, first bolt on for new JKR RedundanT JK General Discussion 1 08-28-2014 12:28 AM
HUMMER WHEELS!!! 8 bolt and 12 bolt 100dollarman For Sale 0 04-13-2011 08:05 PM
6 Spidertrax 5x5 to 5x5.5 Bolt Pattern - 1.375 in Wheel Adapters WHS-012 Slippery For Sale 0 10-11-2009 04:17 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome