• 1 Post By 3VOL
  • 1 Post By Treader
  • 1 Post By gt1guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
It took 40 years and some spillage ...

...however , there are some modern amenities & consumer design concepts making it to market that answer viable needs.

While it is not a truly "New Product" that I'm referencing here, it is a product that myself & from what I have learned quite a few others use in this Jeep/crawler/buggy/offroad/racing/rock-bouncer/baja/truggy-centric world we inhabit along with our chosen vehicle.

Thus, I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

(I know I personally gripe 3-4 times annually about the quart-bottle size that is unique to this company, since they do not fit well into nice Artec carrier trays & I always have a few qts propped up under my spare or seats in back. That doesn't even include the PITA of trying to fill through the side port on my OX diff covers or formerly my G2s covers where the quart jugs wouldn't fit so I always used one of those cheap little white pumps = argh! )

so, it was a pleasant surprise to see my gear-oil of choice being offered in much improved packaging today:

way to go, imho, Amsoil.

It is on their online order page of the website , along with the standard quart containers .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-16-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 05:27 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

holy shit, something that is resealable.
j3ff3ry_j33p and Texas_Jester like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 07:09 AM
Wheeler

Things like this just make you go.....duuuurrrrr. WTF took so long. And then you remember that we live in America and you know damn well someone is gonna drink that and sue claiming they thought it was a juice pouch or some dumb crap like that. That reminds me I need to change my gear oil. I also kind of want juice now. Thanks @j3ff3ry_j33p !
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 07:16 AM
JKO Addict!

They could improve it even further by putting a loop on the bottom so you can hang it to drain on its own while you are doing something else. They could also sell the bags ins axle specific sizes so you only need one bag.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #5 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
holy shit, something that is resealable.
right?!

post #6 of 13 Old 08-16-2018, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
They could improve it even further by putting a loop on the bottom so you can hang it to drain on its own while you are doing something else. They could also sell the bags ins axle specific sizes so you only need one bag.
damn. That is a killer idea.

(edit: for the former, they should just add another one of those hanging loops to the lower end, also. )

post #7 of 13 Old 08-17-2018, 06:16 AM
Rock God

While looking at diff fluid (for the recently purchase diff covers, thanks @j3ff3ry_j33p ), my local Amsoil guy send me a those as well. That is clever, but should have come to the market long ago. It's nice they are charging the same price, but Amsoil is proud of their gear fluid so it makes up for the fancy bottle/pouch.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #8 of 13 Old 08-17-2018, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Like an IV for axles.

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.
Tspevacek likes this.

Kevin
post #9 of 13 Old 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Like an IV for axles.

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.

post #10 of 13 Old 08-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Wheeler

QUOTE=gt1guy;4433224]

And yes, some goober will drink it and sue......................after they shit like a goose.[/QUOTE]

I haven't laughed that hard in a while...my wife on the other hand failed to find the humor in it and just stared at me like I have mental issues.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-18-2018, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3VOL View Post
QUOTE=gt1guy;4433224]

I haven't laughed that hard in a while...my wife on the other hand failed to find the humor in it and just stared at me like I have mental issues.[/QUOTE]

the fairer sex aren't genetically coded to find humor in what we do. They can't -mostly- conceptualize even simple mechanical geometry as it applies to Jeeps or offroad.

example: last nite i simply asked my wife -who i adore- to help me make sure my jeep was aligned with trailer as i loaded it up the ramps of a auto-hauler UHaul ; she couldn't do it.

But hey;she is a financial wizard ,beautiful , smart & gets our kids taken care of like i never could.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-20-2018 at 05:02 AM.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Wheeler

I like resealable packaging.... sometimes if I can't finish let's say a liquid wax, I put it in a different container...then I forget what I added in that container... Hm is this?
post #13 of 13 Old 05-08-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejeepforever View Post
...... Hm is this?
Amsoil.com ---> gearlubes

I don't think it costs but maybe a buck more ? I am inclined to think it's same price as severe gear in plastic juglettes. It's just a new packaging solution that's easier due to refill locations under rigs can be awkward to pour into diff. This makes it much easier....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode