Synergy MFG *NEW* JK Heavy Duty Drag Link - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By AllJumpStyle
  • 1 Post By AllJumpStyle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-11-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Synergy MFG *NEW* JK Heavy Duty Drag Link

We've updated our ever popular JK Drag Link for 2018!

New Features include larger 1.50" diameter tubing, a single plane tie rod end on the pitman arm side to eliminate unwanted "drag link flop", and now includes our flip adapter for converting to high steer.

More info here:
Synergy MFG Jeep JK Heavy Duty Drag Link

The new single plane tie rod end can also be retrofitted to current Synergy Drag Links, part number 4139-L.
Synergy MFG 4139-L Single Plane Tie Rod End
Attached Images

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Rock God

cool! ill be looking at getting one soon. every suspension link on the jeep is Synergy but the drag link haha

Is drag link flop a common problem?

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #3 of 8 Old 12-12-2017, 11:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85xlt View Post
cool! ill be looking at getting one soon. every suspension link on the jeep is Synergy but the drag link haha

Is drag link flop a common problem?
Yes to some degree. There are a couple threads on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-12-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

We appreciate the support!

The tie rod ends have quite a bit of misalignment built into them to allow for the amount of articulation you can get with a modified JK. This misalignment is not necessary in the forward/backward rotation though, as the bar only moves in essentially one plane. Previously, one of the tie rod ends had to be clocked to set the orientation of the bar and was sometimes troublesome for installation if the installer was not familiar with the concept. The new single plane tie rod end simplifies the installation without having to clock one of the tie rod ends.

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

post #5 of 8 Old 12-24-2018, 01:59 AM
Wheeler

@AllJumpStyle Was there any change to the overall geometry of the drag link in the new version? Currently fighting with my SwayLoc swaybar contacting my Poly Drag link when stuffing the passenger wheel and dropping the drivers. Can't put the Swayloc control switch) end on the driver as I have the poly sector/track bar brace.
Attached Images

post #6 of 8 Old 12-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_colter View Post
@AllJumpStyle Was there any change to the overall geometry of the drag link in the new version? Currently fighting with my SwayLoc swaybar contacting my Poly Drag link when stuffing the passenger wheel and dropping the drivers. Can't put the Swayloc control switch) end on the driver as I have the poly sector/track bar brace.

Until Chris answers officially, I went to garage because
something did look different from the image posted of the newer style Synergy Mfg draglink . He said it was thicker , up from 1 3/8" to 1.5" on the bar stock but something looked different to me that I didn't catch until I went & looked ; the pinch-collar tab we all know &love about Synergy Mfg linkages ( allow length adj to be made w/out removal)has been relocated to the pitman arm-side TRE .
I thought this might be just the JL / JLU version but I checked their products page & the updated ( the one pictured installed) is quite different from my 8001 draglink from girth to adjustment collar to where the flats are located for the wrench.

I am not implying that's the cause of your interference, please note; I was just commenting on the DL geometry & shape ....

post #7 of 8 Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_colter View Post
There were no geometry changes. The new drag link is in the same position as the last one, we just used larger diameter tubing and now include a single plane tie rod end on the pitman arm side to prevent any drag link flop. The reason we put the double adjuster on the pitman arm side is it makes it much easier to position and set the orientation of the bar since that is the side where we are restricting movement of the bar.

Since you are using multiple manufacturer's parts together that were never designed to be used together, I would suggest pulling your coil springs and cycling your suspension to make sure there are no clearance issues through all of your suspension and steering travel. You may be able to find a drag link position where everything will clear. Just getting it to clear at ride height is generally not good enough. You have a little more room to work with since you are high steer and the drag link is already relocated above the knuckle. You can lower the bend in the drag link a little bit and it should not contact anything. I would also suggest checking your axle position. If it is pushed forward too far, it is the more likely reason why you are getting interference.

Pulling coil springs and cycling really should be done on all steering and suspension installs, especially if you are trying to get the most travel and articulation out of your vehicle with no interference issues. You will be surprised at how close everything gets together at full suspension compression. Any interference issues should be resolved before driving the vehicle. It is never fun having to fix these issues on the street/trail just because they were never checked beforehand.
rich6700 likes this.

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2019, 11:35 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for the info Chris. I have a 1" longer torsion bar setup and extra spacers on route from Swayloc which should allow me to move the control side arm to the drivers side and still clear the Poly track bar brace which should resolve the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode