JK & JKU Door hinge Sleeves - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

JK & JKU Door hinge Sleeves

Evobaskets is proud to introduce our line of door hinge sleeves for the jeep JK and JKU.

https://www.evobaskets.com/collectio...ushing-sleeves

When Jeep released the JK and JKU they utilized a thin sheet metal sleeve as a liner between the door pins and door hinge. Over time (sometimes rather quickly) the sleeves begin to corrode making door operation more challenging let alone door removal. Additionally over time the upper flange that is designed to be a wear part busing to keep the door hinge from rubbing on the body hinge begins to wear away causing premature rusting.

Evobaskets is solving this issue with their new door hinge sleeve kit!

The kit comes with all new door sleeves (four sleeves for the 2door and eight for the 4door) as well as the needed tool for removing the old factory sleeves. The new sleeves are made from high quality delrin (plastic) and the tool is machined from steel with the necessary taper for old sleeve removal.

Customers ask all the time "how long will the install take" and it really varies based upon a lot of factors (amount of winter driving, north east vs out west, beach driving, etc), we have seen 2007 sleeves come out with ease and we have seen 2014 sleeves that looked like they spent 20 years at the bottom of the ocean.

Attached we have pictures of a 2 door set taken from a garage kept 2013 JK, the upper lip is basically gone already!

Like all Evobaskets products we manufacture 100% of our products right here in the good old USA!

Now through the end of June we are offering 10% off for JKowners members, simply enter discount code jkowners at checkout.
Attached Images

Evobaskets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Rock God

That looks like a nice kit. Including the removal tool is a good idea.

I appreciate my Delrin bushings every time I open and close a door.
Passengers have remarked how easily the doors swing.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 27 Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
That looks like a nice kit. Including the removal tool is a good idea.

I appreciate my Delrin bushings every time I open and close a door.
Passengers have remarked how easily the doors swing.
Thanks for the kind words, they make a world of difference and sadly the factory bushings have become a "maintenece" item much like spark plugs, brake pads, oil changes, etc. The delrin lasts longer than the factory and life is a lot easier!

And thank you to all those who have ordered, we appreciate it!

Evobaskets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 06-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Granite Guru

Just received my set today! Thanks for taking the time to include the tool also.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #5 of 27 Old 06-21-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Just received my set today! Thanks for taking the time to include the tool also.
You are welcome and thanks for the response. More kits going out every day, it's "doors off" weather so might as well make the update, and as always with ALL Evobaskets products.........
Attached Images

Evobaskets

post #6 of 27 Old 06-29-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Orders have been rolling out, two more days on the discount!

Evobaskets

post #7 of 27 Old 06-29-2017, 10:18 AM
Granite Guru

JK & JKU Door hinge Sleeves

Are these better or equivalent to the Delrin product? I want to order them for when I take my doors off... soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 27 Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Are these better or equivalent to the Delrin product? I want to order them for when I take my doors off... soon
These are made of Delrin plastic, same as are most all the other kits on the market.
aqualungs likes this.

Evobaskets

post #9 of 27 Old 06-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Granite Guru

Perfect thanks!

post #10 of 27 Old 07-06-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Well, these kits have been rolling out so we decided to keep the discount alive another week and a half until Sunday 07/16 (end of PA Jeeps).

Evobaskets

post #11 of 27 Old 07-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Granite Guru

Ordered, thanks!
post #12 of 27 Old 07-12-2017, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

interested.
I'm gonna check my '11s bushings thanks to this but will say that I pretty much keep my JKU and every part slathered in either CRC 2-26 or FluidFilm so I'm interested to see how mine look. You also won't wanna lean up against my jeep in any clothing you care about, heehee

If my always lubed bushings are at all like the ones pictured that are from a garage kept '13 I'll order some of these. It's cool you include the little punch tool. Price is fair, too.

post #13 of 27 Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoastfocus View Post
Ordered, thanks!
On its way, thanks for the order!

Evobaskets

post #14 of 27 Old 07-12-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
interested.
I'm gonna check my '11s bushings thanks to this but will say that I pretty much keep my JKU and every part slathered in either CRC 2-26 or FluidFilm so I'm interested to see how mine look. You also won't wanna lean up against my jeep in any clothing you care about, heehee

If my always lubed bushings are at all like the ones pictured that are from a garage kept '13 I'll order some of these. It's cool you include the little punch tool. Price is fair, too.
The other area you will want to check is what I will call the "upper lip" of the factory bushing. These have a tendency to wear down/out over time as well putting the door hing flange directly against the body hinge.

Thanks for the comments on price as well, for kicks and giggles we called our local dealer to get a price on factory replacements, they are $19, EACH, and no removal tool!

TJ kits coming soon as well, never know there may be TJ owners lurking here as well

Evobaskets

post #15 of 27 Old 07-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evobaskets View Post
On its way, thanks for the order!
I feel like I am in pretty decent shape, but my biceps were sore for two days the last time I took my doors off. The bushings are such junk that makes taking the doors off a real drag. Looking forward to getting these installed!
aqualungs likes this.
post #16 of 27 Old 07-17-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thank you for all the support everyone, more kits flying out this morning, stay tuned for more new products from Evobaskets!

Evobaskets

post #17 of 27 Old 08-10-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

It's depressing to start talking about the end of summer around the corner but sadly it is, before the doors go back on for the winter upgrade your door hinge bushings to the Evobaskets sleeve kits and make spring time door removal a breeze!

Evobaskets

post #18 of 27 Old 09-28-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Don't let those factory bushings corrode further over the winter, swap out now while the weather is nice for the plastic replacements!

Evobaskets

post #19 of 27 Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Spring is here (finally in the good ole North East) and doors are starting to come off, perfect time to change out your door hinge liners. Kits are in stock and ready to ship!

Evobaskets

post #20 of 27 Old 08-31-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Kits On sale this weekend plus free shipping with discount code FREESHIP!!!!

Evobaskets

post #21 of 27 Old 09-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Wheeler

Well thought out product, with amazing customer service.

A slight issue with my order was handled quickly and professionally.
post #22 of 27 Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

On sale now through Monday plus free shipping with promo code FREESHIP.

Many other Evobaskets products on sale now through Monday as well and free shipping promo on all orders. Whether you need a top of the line cargo carrier for your hitch or upgrade your bungee cord game for strapping your gear down Evobaskets has you covered. And as a reminder ALL Evobaskets products are proudly made, manufactured, and shipped from right here in the great old USA!!!!

Evobaskets

post #23 of 27 Old 12-21-2018, 09:20 AM

Going to have to try these out.
post #24 of 27 Old 12-21-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks406 View Post
Going to have to try these out.
Give us a follow on Instagram, there may be some post Christmas specials coming out, you never know

Evobaskets

post #25 of 27 Old 07-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Rock God

what are some other ways to see if the original bushings have worn out? My doors swings with ease and ive never removed them but they making a knocking noise when i got down rough roads.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode