NEW!! VKS Fab Shorty V3 Front Winch Bumper in Aluminum!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Monster Jk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

NEW!! VKS Fab Shorty V3 Front Winch Bumper in Aluminum!!

VKS Fab Shorty V3

***PRE-ORDER SALE RUNNING ON THE FIRST 10 ORDERS, THEY'LL BE SHIPPING IN 1-2 WEEKS***

The new Shorty V3 was designed for the Jeep JK owner that is tired of their front bumper being a limiting-factor when it comes to approach angle as well as overall weight. It offers a sunken winch plate to keep your winch out of harms way along with promoting airflow to the engine bay. When it comes to form and function, the Shorty is a front-runner in both categories, it is also completely BOLT-ON, no welding required (frame cutting however is necessary). It is built from High Strength .190" Aluminum, 3/16" and 3/4” A36 steel and is CNC cut, formed and TIG/MIG welded to perfection in-house. The base model in aluminum comes in at an extremely light weight 26 lbs. We offer two bolt-on hoop options; the winch hoop (lower profile) and a stinger (taller hoop) that is fully welded and gusseted out of 1 3/4″ tubing and 3/16″ steel plate. All Shorty V3 Front Winch Bumpers include d-ring tabs at no extra charge. The bumper body is also offered in steel for those who prefer the durability.

The Shorty does require the crash bar and also a section of the front frame rails to be cut/removed.

The Shorty fits all 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler’s. The 2012+ JK’s require relocation of the factory vacuum pump.

****FITMENT WITH RUBICON SWAY BAR PENDING****

****ALL PRODUCTS SHIP RAW ALUMINUM/STEEL UNLESS NOTED****

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO OR TO PLACE AN ORDER --> Shorty V3 Front Winch Bumper - VKS Fabrication

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 02-13-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

Images of the stinger and the steel body will be up tomorrow.

Handmade One At A Time

post #3 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 07:13 AM

They look nice! Do you have install instructions anywhere? I have already modified the the front of my frame a bit and I'm curious if i could still mount this up the way you intended. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Wheeler

Garage

How tall is the winch guard? I have some 9" lightforces and I'm curious if they would fit

2014 JKUR | Billet Silver | Rock Krawler 3.5" springs | King 2.5" rear shocks | Teraflex DL flip | Artec axle armor | Nitro pound-in sleeves | Dynatrac HD Ball Joints | Ten Factory front shafts | Evo front LCA's | Currie rear Antirock | 37x12.50r17 BFG Krawlers on ATX Slabs | JKS rear TB bracket | VKS Prerunner sliders | Evo 1/4 Pounder | Savvy LHT rear bumper | Genright Aluminum tire carrier | Lightforce 240 Blitz | Rigid Dually fogs | Superchips TD2 | ARB twin compressor
post #5 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdtsi View Post
They look nice! Do you have install instructions anywhere? I have already modified the the front of my frame a bit and I'm curious if i could still mount this up the way you intended. Thanks.
They're currently being written. The install is basically the same as your standard frame-cut bumper. You can choose to remove as much frame rail as you'd like while leaving enough clearance for your winch. The standard cut will be about an inch back from the OEM bumper brackets then you simply drill the holes to mount. We will have complete instructions in the next day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
How tall is the winch guard? I have some 9" lightforces and I'm curious if they would fit
From the top of the bumper body to the bottom of the hoop is 6.25".

Handmade One At A Time

post #6 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
They're currently being written. The install is basically the same as your standard frame-cut bumper. You can choose to remove as much frame rail as you'd like while leaving enough clearance for your winch. The standard cut will be about an inch back from the OEM bumper brackets then you simply drill the holes to mount. We will have complete instructions in the next day or two.

From the top of the bumper body to the bottom of the hoop is 6.25".

Thanks, don't think the lights will fit right though. That puts the hoop in the middle of the beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 JKUR | Billet Silver | Rock Krawler 3.5" springs | King 2.5" rear shocks | Teraflex DL flip | Artec axle armor | Nitro pound-in sleeves | Dynatrac HD Ball Joints | Ten Factory front shafts | Evo front LCA's | Currie rear Antirock | 37x12.50r17 BFG Krawlers on ATX Slabs | JKS rear TB bracket | VKS Prerunner sliders | Evo 1/4 Pounder | Savvy LHT rear bumper | Genright Aluminum tire carrier | Lightforce 240 Blitz | Rigid Dually fogs | Superchips TD2 | ARB twin compressor
post #7 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Granite Guru

Very nice! Will this work with the warn zeon line of winches? I really liked the enforcer bumper, but this one is my new favorite. Just need to recoup from the ls swap before I can pick this one up!

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #8 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thumbs up

that is right up my weight alley ...man, that is sharp!

post #9 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Wheeler

Damn, that's sexy.
post #10 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Any plans for light tabs on the sides of the winch hoop like the savvy unit? It's useful for those of us who use led cubes as fog lights

post #11 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Granite Guru

That bumper looks great!!
Love the gusseting on the hoop.

JK

WAL sucks
JOIN THE NRA NOW!
Black Guns Matter!!!
Support your 2nd amendment rights!!
MAGA
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
post #12 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Very nice! Will this work with the warn zeon line of winches? I really liked the enforcer bumper, but this one is my new favorite. Just need to recoup from the ls swap before I can pick this one up!
Yes, we are 99.65% sure they'll fit. We'll be physically fitting one at the end of the week to verify 100% that they'll work. Let us know when you're ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
that is right up my weight alley ...man, that is sharp!
Appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
Damn, that's sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
Any plans for light tabs on the sides of the winch hoop like the savvy unit? It's useful for those of us who use led cubes as fog lights
If you're interested we have some generic tabs that'll work perfectly it mount some cubes to the hoop. Just let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
That bumper looks great!!
Love the gusseting on the hoop.
Thanks boss!!

Handmade One At A Time

post #13 of 24 Old 02-14-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

Guys have been asking to see the Stinger version of the hoop. Here she is.

We also have 5 left at the current price for pre-order.

Handmade One At A Time

post #14 of 24 Old 02-16-2017, 09:35 PM
Wheeler

I'm currently running a poison spyder bfh with stinger front bumper. I want to switch to this because of the sunken winch. I had to cut off several inches off the front frame rails so need to know if this will work or not. Thanks
post #15 of 24 Old 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJKU View Post
I'm currently running a poison spyder bfh with stinger front bumper. I want to switch to this because of the sunken winch. I had to cut off several inches off the front frame rails so need to know if this will work or not. Thanks
It's going to all depend on what winch you're running. With this frame cut bumper customers will be able to cut as much frame off as they'd like with the clearance between the winch and the grill being the limiting factor. So guys running Zeon's cannot cut as much as a guy running a "standard" style winch with the control box under the hood or oriented out of the way. The standard cut we recommend is about 1" from the back of the OEM bumper mounting plates. I believe PS has you cut 2". So there is a good possibility that you'll be fine and ours will work but there is also a chance (depending on the winch to grill clearance) you may have some interference issues when mounting ours up.

However, if you do run into issues we have a "frame-rail extender" that's basically some formed up .188" sheet metal that guys will need to weld on to the frame rails to recover what has been removed from previous bumpers. It's a simple thing to do with the correct tools but we do understand that for some people it'll be a little out of reach. Either way, the kit if free with the purchase of the bumper. Just let us know when the order is placed.

Handmade One At A Time

post #16 of 24 Old 02-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
Guys have been asking to see the Stinger version of the hoop. Here she is.

We also have 5 left at the current price for pre-order.

I got mine ordered!!! I can't wait! It's gonna be my first stinger!!! Also, hey Vick, I had your prerunner and just sold it for this guy. My question is, will the holes from the Prerunner match up with the bolt holes on the V3?

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #17 of 24 Old 02-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Wheeler

Can't wait to see it in person. What is the width between bars if one were to install a shorty light bar on top?
post #18 of 24 Old 04-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Granite Guru

Any one else get one of these yet? I want to see some more pics! Will be getting a new front bumper soon and can't decide what I want!

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #19 of 24 Old 04-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Granite Guru

My buddy just got one.

post #20 of 24 Old 05-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru

In for an update regarding Rubi sway bar and Warn Zeon fitment confirmation.

Great looking bumper!
post #21 of 24 Old 06-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Wheeler

How much does this bumper weigh in steel
post #22 of 24 Old 06-02-2017, 09:33 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjindna View Post
In for an update regarding Rubi sway bar and Warn Zeon fitment confirmation.

Great looking bumper!
I can confirm a Zeon will fit. Just ordered one for a fella last week that has a Zeon and Vick confirmed.

Awesome bumper!

post #23 of 24 Old 06-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I can confirm a Zeon will fit. Just ordered one for a fella last week that has a Zeon and Vick confirmed.

Awesome bumper!
Gracias!
post #24 of 24 Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Rock God

I love mine!
Attached Images

ALASHA likes this.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode