Strange what you find when you look..... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By GenRight Off Road
  • 1 Post By StubEXrube
  • 1 Post By RubiCajun
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-01-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage
Strange what you find when you look.....

We got a new website a few months back. We've been adding products at a rapid pace. So I just went in and started exporing.

I found some new stuff I didn't even know we offered! I know. Not good. But things are moving fast at GenRight so I'll excuse it.

You can use code GRCHRISH will save you 10% on GenRight products year round.

B Pillar Cutoff Kit for a 4 door JK!
Now you can cleanly chop your B Pillar to remove it and keep it safe while wheeling AND because it just looks rad!

GenRight B-Pillar Cutoff Kit for Jeep JK

An aluminum roof for our cages. Lots of folks see this and think it's an expensive solution to keep the sun off your head. That's not the purpose. The purpose is to protect you in the event of a rollover. It's meant to keep rock and trees away from your head. Same material and thickness we use on our race cars. Same material and thickness required by Ultra4.

JK (4 Door) Aluminum Roof for GenRight Roll Cage | GenRight Jeep Parts

Lock and Load Cargo Area Tie Downs.

Jeep JK Lock & Load Tub Rail Tie Down System (4 Door) | GenRight Jeep Parts

Go in and check our site. Tell me what you find or what you'd like to have for your Jeep!
j3ff3ry_j33p and 1eviljk like this.

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

you're very right; the "B" pillar being removed together with your cage and half-doors looks just amazing.
Ya know, you asked what we'd like for our Jeep but I don't wanna seem like a jerk 'cause I think you've been down the road before; I saw the last image in your post above with that TJ sporting your rear corners in aluminum and so want you to know how awesome having them like your steel option but in aluminium for the JKU / JK folks again would be sweet. Just this little peek of the previous model corners from GR

makes me wish you'd figure out that darn body curve and sell them (again) but I seem to remember that it is very hard to get that corner right and consistently en masse in the lighter metal for JKs.

nice 10% off for the year code!

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 12-01-2016 at 05:52 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-01-2016, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
you're very right; the "B" pillar being removed together with your cage and half-doors looks just amazing.
Ya know, you asked what we'd like for our Jeep but I don't wanna seem like a jerk 'cause I think you've been down the road before; I saw the last image in your post above with that TJ sporting your rear corners in aluminum and so want you to know how awesome having them like your steel option but in aluminium for the JKU / JK folks again would be sweet. Just this little peek of the previous model corners from GR

makes me wish you'd figure out that darn body curve and sell them (again) but I seem to remember that it is very hard to get that corner right and consistently en masse in the lighter metal for JKs.

nice 10% off for the year code!
The JK/JKU body is shaped like a football so those corners are tough to make in either material. There are no flat surfaces back there. Some companies are making corners but they either don't fit or expect you to pull the body out to match the armor.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
The JK/JKU body is shaped like a football so those corners are tough to make in either material. There are no flat surfaces back there. Some companies are making corners but they either don't fit or expect you to pull the body out to match the armor.

ha! I've never thought about the correlation but these things do look like a skin.
trust me; I have been on the ride with you and all other corner protection seeking JK owners that long for aluminum. to the uninitiated , the best deal seems to be the EVO corners* until you catch the fit up-close when you're hugging your beloved Jeep .
(It is like that Seinfeld where the pretty girl suddenly gets in right light and Jerry sees a hideous version of her.)
The others are super expensive - with TnT Customs having the best , albeit crazy destructive and permanent ,solution. The AEVs corners are alright but there is just something about aluminum. I will likely get these in blanks unless I can snag enough street signs to make my own.

... your corners are works of art in steel tho' I cannot afford lbs until I upgrade the ol' 3.8l .

<edit: I gotta be fair; I have seen a few or a handful of JKs that have made great use of the EVO rear corners but many times they appear flawed if not installed correctly. An acquired shape taste?>

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 12-01-2016 at 06:28 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I wish Jeep parts Mfg's such as GenRight would offer parts made from Fibre-reinforced polymers or FRPs including carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer or CFRP, and glass-reinforced plastic or GRP. Choices are many, such as thermoplastic composites, short fiber thermoplastics, long fibre thermoplastics or long fibre-reinforced thermoplastics. Even the use of Chobham which is used in military applications would be a good choice.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #6 of 14 Old 12-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

(It is like that Seinfeld where the pretty girl suddenly gets in right light and Jerry sees a hideous version of her.)
lmao- "The Strike" corners.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 14 Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
I wish Jeep parts Mfg's such as GenRight would offer parts made from Fibre-reinforced polymers or FRPs including carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer or CFRP, and glass-reinforced plastic or GRP. Choices are many, such as thermoplastic composites, short fiber thermoplastics, long fibre thermoplastics or long fibre-reinforced thermoplastics. Even the use of Chobham which is used in military applications would be a good choice.

Now, RubiCajun ; you know I am NEVER one to correct you, but in-all-fairness doesn't GenRight offer parts in Carbon Fiber ? You may need to school me - what's new - but isn't that a reinforced polymer, per se?

now, I did not know a thing about Chobham until you mentioned it. Is it heavy?
Here is a prototype military vehicle in the stuff

post #8 of 14 Old 12-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:

Now, RubiCajun ; you know I am NEVER one to correct you, but in-all-fairness doesn't GenRight offer parts in Carbon Fiber ? You may need to school me - what's new - but isn't that a reinforced polymer, per se?

now, I did not know a thing about Chobham until you mentioned it. Is it heavy?
Here is a prototype military vehicle in the stuff
Eaux Kay. Wow, do I stand corrected. They have a good selection of parts made of CF. I guess I'm really behind the times, eh? The Chobham statement I should have expanded on. I would like a JK all dressed up in that material for the Snowflake Apocalypse, which I predict will happen in a short, short.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #9 of 14 Old 12-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Eaux Kay. Wow, do I stand corrected. They have a good selection of parts made of CF. I guess I'm really behind the times, eh? The Chobham statement I should have expanded on. I would like a JK all dressed up in that material for the Snowflake Apocalypse, which I predict will happen in a short, short.

hey, I sometimes can't tell when you're being serious , lol. I will say I only know because of the big announcement and sales they had when they placed or brought the CF fenders and bumpers and other parts to market and you know me and saving weight ; no foul intended to
@GenRight Off-road but to ' go light' truly does imply lightening of the vehicle as well as an exponential lightening of the wallet ( that stuff is 'spensive!) although it is very very cool and I know of no other manufacturer producing true carbon fiber JK products like that. Well, MCE does but are thier fenders plastic covered in a layer of CF or are they molded , true carbon fiber ? Anyway, I think Tony's TerraMoto build had carbon fiber fenders on it for a spell or some other yellow GR build had them . They took a beating but showed scratches as if magnified, iirc...
uglysami likes this.

post #10 of 14 Old 12-04-2016, 10:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

They need to make fenders and corners out of Tegris. That would be the shit.

Kevin
post #11 of 14 Old 12-05-2016, 05:29 AM
Rock God

Lego bricks and Gorilla Glue. Shit would be indestructive. Ever step on a lego in the middle of the night? Those rock walls will be crying in no time! And in the instance you do manage to damage them, fixing them is a 'snap'.

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #12 of 14 Old 12-05-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

This thread has taken a strange turn..................

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #13 of 14 Old 12-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

jkowners is the place for such things to occur, @GenRight OffRoad . You should know this by now

post #14 of 14 Old 12-05-2016, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Very true.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode