Strike Force Zebra Is NEW - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-18-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Strike Force Zebra Is NEW

Strike Force Zebra is all new

SFZ is now under new ownership, with a new commitment to its customers and a new Website. www.strikeforcezebra.com

SFZ still offers the best Jeep JK half doors on the planet, as well as some great accessories for your JK Wrangler. Our CB mount is one of the greatest ideas to ever hit the JK market. The Strike Force Zebra quality is here and will continue to be made in the USA. All our products are American made with pride

The previous owners had promised uppers for many years, no work was ever completed. We have started the process, but it is a process and will take some time.

We are working with a local shop to get the molds done for the uppers, It is taking longer than anyone would like. But there is progress, more progress than in the past 3 years.

Our Facebook page has pictures of our first prototype upper. https://www.facebook.com/StrikeForceZebra/ Making the molds is requires us to work with others, and we are bound to their time schedules. We are pushing as hard as we can to get these complete.

We have released a new storage solution for the JK, a nifty cargo box that attaches to your tailgate. Works with 2 door and 4 door models.

Features of the Cargo Vault Jeep Lock Box:

Tough rotomolded plastic
Locking door
Fits 2-door or 4-door JK Wrangler
Holds up to 50 pounds
Light weight at 7 pounds
Flat back for mounting to any flat surface

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Granite Guru

Really wish you guys would put the older style outer door handles back on the half doors (or even a TJ style latch like Savvy), the current ones look funny sticking out from the side all the time, other than that, i did get to see some of these in person the other day and they are nice.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnJK View Post
Really wish you guys would put the older style outer door handles back on the half doors (or even a TJ style latch like Savvy), the current ones look funny sticking out from the side all the time, other than that, i did get to see some of these in person the other day and they are nice.

I'll second that. Simple truck latch or flush military style is much better and easier to replace if needed.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnJK View Post
I must have the new style handles, have to come up through the bottom instead of from behind.

I actually like the comes up from the bottom, as I normally will use the outside handle while trying to get out from inside the Jeep. Throw arm over and catch the handle on the way up. I would see it being pretty hard to catch the handle with the open from back approach.

The terrible thing on these doors is the rod inside connecting the inside handle to the latch. This POS design sucks as the rod has fallen out multiple times, hence why I go over the side instead of using the inside handle. I thought I read somewhere that you all are going to change to a cable, which would be helluva lot better then the rod.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #5 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Granite Guru

Old style outer handle, laid flat and opened from the "rear" of the handle...

New style handle, sticks out from the side of the jeep and opens from the "bottom" of the handle...

Not sure why they changed them, just think they looked better flat versus protruding from the door.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra View Post
SFZ is now under new ownership, with a new commitment to its customers and a new Website. www.strikeforcezebra.com

The Strike Force Zebra quality is here and will continue to be made in the USA. All our products are American made with pride
What I put in bold is of great importance to me, and IMHO it should be to every intelligent American.
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, and it looks like you know that "luck" = "hard work".

I'm not just part of American manufacturing, I'm one of its biggest fans.

It's not just a matter of national pride, it's a vital part of national security.

NOW, GO DO YOUR PART TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY GREAT! WORK HARD and KICK ASS!

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #7 of 9 Old 06-04-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Thank you.

Our products are molded in Southern California and final assembly and warehoused in St George Utah.

We could do it cheaper overseas, but why would we? Quality would suffer, control would suffer, all to save a few dollars? No thanks.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

Location: Cave Creek, AZ to Fayetteville, AR, back to Scottsdale, AZ

Love my SFZ doors. Had them now for 1.5 years. Light, strong, with latches and releases where they belong.

The only problem I've ever had was with the drivers' door interior release latch - the connection point where the bar mechanism that connects the interior release latch with the door latch has broken. Bill Ball (the prior owner) was great about post-sale support and sent me out a new latch. So far, no breakage. He did say that he was looking to engineer a new cable style of connector to alleviate that problem.

Has there been an update made?

post #9 of 9 Old 06-06-2016, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Cables did not work out.

We are having the rods bent by a cnc now to alleviate that problem. Hand bent rods sometimes needed more adjustment and caused weak connections like that.

We continue to improve where possible. Thanks for the support.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode