New!!!! High-steer knuckles for your JK!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Wink New!!!! High-steer knuckles for your JK!!!!

One of the things we have heard over the years is that we need to introduce some high-steer knuckles and we have listened!!!!!

You will need a track bar mount relocation bracket if you don't have one already ( PN RS62101) and a draglink flip kit (We are launching one very soon, and that PN will be RS62102)

Get your steering up and out of the way!!!

When ever installing new knuckles, this is also a good time to upgrade your ball joints too!!!

Check with your favorite retailer on pricing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Wheeler

Manufacturers of Super Kingpin, Dana 60, 44, 30, & JK knuckles and Powerglide & Turbo400 transmission cases.
Contact us! (925) 935-3025 M-F 8am-6pm PST

Built by Rockcrawlers for Rockcrawlers
Made in the USA!
post #3 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid Racing View Post

Hopefully your pricing will be better then the competition ..

Best way to make an impression is offer something no one else has , and if they do, your got to cut the price and sale the inventory.

Key in making money, move the inventory !!

if your competitor has [email protected] & you have [email protected] 10.00. you have sold all yours, YOU HAVE 150 DOLLARS, what has the competitor made if he sales none ?

This strategy eliminates the competitor all together as well.

Good luck and this is my next upgrade . I have the flip drag already and tie rods done, saving for the Reid High steer knuckles, but tell you this If I can save a bunch I'll buy them for you .. but if it's like 10 or 15 dollars cheaper .. I'll buy the Reid High steer, they build great shit !!
Me I'm a cheap bastard for me it's all about the Benjamin's . . . Reid Racing doesn't have any competition on this item so it will be GREAT TO SEE what happens ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

I get that this product is new from this manufacturer, but is there something different about this product that existing options (besides the color, and ignoring any potential price difference)?

And I understand why a company would want to include bump stops with this product (listed as included in the promotional image), but the consumer that already has them won't want to pay for them.

'13 JKU | 3" Synergy, 37" KO2
post #5 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockwell View Post
I get that this product is new from this manufacturer, but is there something different about this product that existing options (besides the color, and ignoring any potential price difference)?

And I understand why a company would want to include bump stops with this product (listed as included in the promotional image), but the consumer that already has them won't want to pay for them.
What makes these different is that they will work for people that have right hand drive jeeps since they have a drag link arm on both knuckles.
post #6 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellstig1 View Post
What makes these different is that they will work for people that have right hand drive jeeps since they have a drag link arm on both knuckles.
Pretty sure Reid has left and right drive knuckles. They just sell 2 different versions where Rancho appears to have just eliminated the "non draglink" knuckle all together. Means 2 less castings to deal with and 1 "kit" for any JK.

Jeepless
post #7 of 27 Old 05-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuLcRuM View Post
Pretty sure Reid has left and right drive knuckles. They just sell 2 different versions where Rancho appears to have just eliminated the "non draglink" knuckle all together. Means 2 less castings to deal with and 1 "kit" for any JK.

Unless they came out with it in the last year, they do not make one. I needed a rhd drivers side knuckle and they were my first call. I ended up finding a factory one from a dismantler.
post #8 of 27 Old 05-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Wheeler

Quote:

Why does more than one company make lift kits..?

post #9 of 27 Old 05-05-2016, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Wink

Pricing should be very competitive and not just a $10 savings. Also as mentioned in another post these will come with the proper height 3" bump stops too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jim Grimes View Post
Hopefully your pricing will be better then the competition ..

Best way to make an impression is offer something no one else has , and if they do, your got to cut the price and sale the inventory.

Key in making money, move the inventory !!

if your competitor has [email protected] & you have [email protected] 10.00. you have sold all yours, YOU HAVE 150 DOLLARS, what has the competitor made if he sales none ?

This strategy eliminates the competitor all together as well.

Good luck and this is my next upgrade . I have the flip drag already and tie rods done, saving for the Reid High steer knuckles, but tell you this If I can save a bunch I'll buy them for you .. but if it's like 10 or 15 dollars cheaper .. I'll buy the Reid High steer, they build great shit !!
Me I'm a cheap bastard for me it's all about the Benjamin's . . . Reid Racing doesn't have any competition on this item so it will be GREAT TO SEE what happens ..
As a company that has been in the shock and suspension for over 60 years, we tried to stop anyone else from making systems.
(We kid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermicon View Post

post #10 of 27 Old 05-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermicon View Post

Don't take my comment to mean something it doesn't - competition is a good thing. I was just trying to understand if there was something to these that I was missing. I see now that this is like comparing AEV caster correction brackets to Rancho caster correction brackets.

'13 JKU | 3" Synergy, 37" KO2
post #11 of 27 Old 05-05-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage

In regards to this, ours our a one piece welded design so ease of install. Also ours well bend before it cracks. Also with the knuckle, we can't go changing the wheel too much because the taper will need to stay the same to accommodate OE parts.

Quote:
Don't take my comment to mean something it doesn't - competition is a good thing. I was just trying to understand if there was something to these that I was missing. I see now that this is like comparing AEV caster correction brackets to Rancho caster correction brackets.

post #12 of 27 Old 05-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Rock God

I'm considering knuckles and high steer in my near future. I like options and being able to make a decision better than being stuck with 1 choice. Reid has always been a go to for knuckles for me, but I'm always willing to consider other options.

Are they readily available and shipping immediately?

Where are they manufactured?

What is the MSRP?
post #13 of 27 Old 05-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I see now that this is like comparing AEV caster correction brackets to Rancho caster correction brackets.

I like options, but anyhow I thought of the correction brackets when I first saw these. AEV is the go to name when control arm drop brackets are mentioned for a JK, but honestly there are a couple (3 or so) manufacturers that I'd take over AEV's brackets. Rancho's are one of them.
post #14 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage

See below in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SLADE- View Post
I'm considering knuckles and high steer in my near future. I like options and being able to make a decision better than being stuck with 1 choice. Reid has always been a go to for knuckles for me, but I'm always willing to consider other options.

Are they readily available and shipping immediately? Yes, it is up to the retailer and their wholesaler to have them in stock. But they are ready to go.

Where are they manufactured? They are manufactured overseas, but NOT China!!! 99% of our products are made here, but to get a relatively small run in a US foundry makes it cost prohibitive. I do know that Reid makes a lot (if not all) of their products here, but I am not sure on their JK knuckles honestly. Remember we are part of an 8 billion dollar company, so don't "half ass" it.

What is the MSRP? WE are hoping to see them to the consumer for $425-450 WITH the proper height bump stop.

post #15 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho Suspension View Post
See below in bold.
Is that the price for both knuckles?

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #16 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Yes sir. Now I saw you are in Canada, so adjust accordingly.

We have had them on the Rubicon trail, trails all over Utah and AZ for almost a year now, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Door View Post
Is that the price for both knuckles?

post #17 of 27 Old 05-16-2016, 06:37 AM
Wheeler

My to buy list just got a little longer
post #18 of 27 Old 06-16-2016, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage

All questions answered and these are ready to go. Many of our retailers can now get these to you ASAP.

Thanks all!

post #19 of 27 Old 06-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho Suspension View Post
All questions answered and these are ready to go. Many of our retailers can now get these to you ASAP.

Thanks all!
So do these have the steering arm on both or just the applicable side being left or right hand drive?
post #20 of 27 Old 06-23-2016, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellstig1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuLcRuM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayswranglerx View Post
So do these have the steering arm on both or just the applicable side being left or right hand drive?
You should try reading more...

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, and more to come...
post #21 of 27 Old 07-21-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Red face

Starting to show up on JK's!!!
Thing of beauty!

post #22 of 27 Old 09-07-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Talking

Some more pics of these knuckles in their natural habitat, Moab.

post #23 of 27 Old 09-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Rock God

Does the knuckle have to be drilled for the Synergy Drag Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #24 of 27 Old 09-11-2016, 05:52 PM
JKO Addict!

No its made for a top mount drag link.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #25 of 27 Old 09-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
No its made for a top mount drag link.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks.
kjeeper10 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode