NEW! Fusion JK 2.5 ton and 1 ton 7075 Aluminum Tie Rod and Drag Link - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 02-25-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

NEW! Fusion JK 2.5 ton and 1 ton 7075 Aluminum Tie Rod and Drag Link

Fusion 4x4 2.5 ton Steering

The toughest combo for the most hardcore trails. CNC lathe machined for exacting tolerances. Sold together or individually. Combo price is $975, but we are offering JKO members 10% off and free shipping (includes tie rod or drag link separately)!

- The strongest JK tie rod and drag link available
- Massive 1-1/4" shank forged rod ends
- Massive 1.75" diameter solid 7075 T6511 aluminum
- No drilling or reaming (unless flipping the tie rod or drag link)
- Lockout washers limit tie rod movement
- Fits all JKs with 17" wheels, including stock wheels
- Cartridge ends can be flipped for those running a flipped tie rod or drag link
- Replaceable cartridges
- Can be custom ordered with different tapers (GM small, GM large, 3/4" straight stud)

Also a perfect addition to the Ultimate Dana 60s. Increased offset ends coming soon for Super Duty D60s.

For questions or to order with the discount, PM us here, email [email protected], or call: 313-773-6366

Fusion 1 ton Tie Rod

The Fusion Trail Series tie rod is designed to handle tough trails and big tires. We love aluminum and realized that the 2.5 ton system is not for everyone, so we brought our own 1 ton tie rod to market. Priced at $350, but we are offering JKO members 10% off and free shipping!

- Solid 1.5" 7075 T6511 aluminum
- 1-ton tie rod ends
- Adjustable on vehicle

- Does not require drilling or tapering of the knuckle.
- Does require a 17" wheel with back space of 4.5" or more (stock wheels require spacers).

For questions or to order with the discount, PM us here, email [email protected], or call: 313-773-6366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 02-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Granite Guru

Very nice! So how much are the replacement cartridges? Any kind of a warranty on them?

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #3 of 43 Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Granite Guru

Also, do you offer a clamp for hydro assist with your 2.5ton tierod? I will need one cause I don't think the one from my synergy tierod will work.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Are the 1 ton tie rods available and ready to ship?

post #5 of 43 Old 02-26-2016, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Are the 1 ton tie rods available and ready to ship?
Yes, they are available and ready to ship. Thanks!

post #6 of 43 Old 02-26-2016, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Very nice! So how much are the replacement cartridges? Any kind of a warranty on them?
The cartridges are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If a year or two after you buy the tie rod you find one is failing, it is replaced (labor is up to the customer).

The limited part means that if you use it on your race vehicle, it is not covered. If you drive off a 10ft ledge and land on a cartridge and destroy it, that won't be covered. That said, retail on the cartridge is $80. If you did accidentally destroy one while wheeling, we'd help you out with the cost.
JK Fight To Live likes this.

post #7 of 43 Old 02-26-2016, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Also, do you offer a clamp for hydro assist with your 2.5ton tierod? I will need one cause I don't think the one from my synergy tierod will work.
Yes, we do. We sell the PSC clamp. $55 shipped. And you are correct, your Synergy clamp will not fit, but the person you sell you Synergy tie rod to can pay you a little extra for the old clamp

post #8 of 43 Old 02-28-2016, 08:13 PM
Granite Guru

My kit showed up Friday!! But I am out of town until tomorrow, cant wait to see it tomorrow afternoon!!
post #9 of 43 Old 02-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4 View Post
The cartridges are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If a year or two after you buy the tie rod you find one is failing, it is replaced (labor is up to the customer).

The limited part means that if you use it on your race vehicle, it is not covered. If you drive off a 10ft ledge and land on a cartridge and destroy it, that won't be covered. That said, retail on the cartridge is $80. If you did accidentally destroy one while wheeling, we'd help you out with the cost.
That's good to know! Looks like the cartridge can be replaced without affecting toe then? Looks like I need to scrape some money together and get this ordered!

post #10 of 43 Old 02-29-2016, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
That's good to know! Looks like the cartridge can be replaced without affecting toe then? Looks like I need to scrape some money together and get this ordered!
Yes, cartridge replacement won't affect toe.

post #11 of 43 Old 03-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Wheeler

Damn it, wish I had seen this a few weeks back. Just bought a synergy drag link, have the WFO tie rod that is similar to yours
post #12 of 43 Old 03-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion 4x4 View Post
Yes, cartridge replacement won't affect toe.
Just another plus for this setup! I will be placing my order in the next week or two. Will also need the clamp for the tierod bar.

post #13 of 43 Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

Well, just placed my order for the tierod bar! Can wait to see it and get it installed!
Anyone interested in a synergy tierod bar and ends?

post #14 of 43 Old 03-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Granite Guru

Omg...

Need this on my rig, anybody want to buy a Brand New Synergy Drag link.

No seriously, I will have a BRAND NEW Synergy Drag link in the box, never opened for sale.

PM sent.

Last edited by Extremneon; 03-23-2016 at 02:12 PM.
post #15 of 43 Old 04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Granite Guru

Order,

Can't wait to get my in, will take some pictures of the product and once installed.
post #16 of 43 Old 04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Rock God

Can the tierod be used on the stock 44 and when it comes time for an upgrade to a UD60 front or 99-04 SD Axle can this badass tierod be used on those as well?
post #17 of 43 Old 04-09-2016, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
Can the tierod be used on the stock 44 and when it comes time for an upgrade to a UD60 front or 99-04 SD Axle can this badass tierod be used on those as well?
It is the same version for the stock JK axle and the UD60. We'd have to measure the length needed for the 99-04 axle to find out if the length would work.

post #18 of 43 Old 05-18-2016, 01:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

To be honest, as soon as this new steering setup came out, it sparked my interest. I run a mixture of components up front and have been looking to tidy things up after recently swapping in a ProRock.

But after seeing this "hardcore" 2.5 ton tie rod flopping around on your company's black 2 door on Crawl Daddy this past weekend, I'm thinking this a lot of smoke and mirrors. I'm not here to bad mouth any of your products and I want to see American companies succeed, but if this steering setup can't handle Crawl Daddy at Rausch on a 2 door I'm not sure how it can be billed as the the "toughest combo for the most hardcore trails." What I really want to know is what broke? And why did it break?

It appeared like the entire breakage was related to the steering components from what I saw further up the trail. I know failures with "new" products are not unusual but I'm also curious if you warranty these products in some way.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #19 of 43 Old 05-18-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
To be honest, as soon as this new steering setup came out, it sparked my interest. I run a mixture of components up front and have been looking to tidy things up after recently swapping in a ProRock.

But after seeing this "hardcore" 2.5 ton tie rod flopping around on your company's black 2 door on Crawl Daddy this past weekend, I'm thinking this a lot of smoke and mirrors. I'm not here to bad mouth any of your products and I want to see American companies succeed, but if this steering setup can't handle Crawl Daddy at Rausch on a 2 door I'm not sure how it can be billed as the the "toughest combo for the most hardcore trails." What I really want to know is what broke? And why did it break?

It appeared like the entire breakage was related to the steering components from what I saw further up the trail. I know failures with "new" products are not unusual but I'm also curious if you warranty these products in some way.
It is good practice to get your facts straight before calling out a company on their product. First off, another JK in that group has an actual 2.5 ton tie rod and it performed as advertised. You'll recall the one JK that didn't get winched on that trail had it.

The black Fusion Jeep front axle is a D60 that was built a year and a half ago. The tie rod (pics below), is made by Bullet Proof Steering. It uses bent tube and heim joints. It's a piece of shit and you're right, I had nothing but issues with it. In fact, it's toast. Stretched the threads.

Unfortunately, the D60 steering is very different from the JK axle. We are still working on a solution for it.

We're happy to point you to many happy customers with our steering. We've had no complaints or issues.

Anything else you want to add? In the future, I suggest you PM someone being making false accusations about their product.

It's funny, we're out there supporting the event as sponsors, helping people on the trails, and helping make it a great experience for everyone there. It's unfortunate when people have no appreciation for the efforts of others.

post #20 of 43 Old 05-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Wheeler

Not sure why you are calling it smoking mirrors. I just upgraded my axles and have the steering on mine. It is pure beef. Full disclosure, i know Dan. But i also paid for my stuff. I gave him my money as in my mind if I manage to break this steering I hate to see what the rest of my jeep is gonna look like. (Ignore the bling wheels, rollers while waiting for mine to come in lol)
Attached Images

Last edited by 13_gecko_rubi; 05-18-2016 at 05:26 PM.
post #21 of 43 Old 05-18-2016, 08:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad it wasn't your products that failed but not sure why you took my post so personally talking about get my facts straight, making false accusations, and ending with how unfortunate it is that no one appreciates your efforts. Maybe my post was a bit harsh but I certainly didn't mean it as a call out like you suggest.

I think you can imagine a scenario when you are looking for some real world feedback on a new product as opposed to some internet talk.

Now picture that you look down the trail to see a broken jeep with a huge Fusion 4x4 decal and are told by a buddy of yours that the broken jeep you are looking at is running the 2.5 ton steering. I would imagine you'd want to know what broke.

Maybe my post came across harsh but whatever steering was on that JK was certainly not heavy duty or tough. Perhaps it would've been better to PM your company but when i remembered you had a thread on here I thought it might actually be information people might want to know IF it had been your product. Again, I'm glad it wasn't your product.

Maybe your response to my post would have been better without making it personal.

Either way I'm sure the only thing people on here will care about is that it wasn't the 2.5 ton steering that failed. So kudos I guess.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #22 of 43 Old 05-19-2016, 05:55 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Glad it wasn't your products that failed but not sure why you took my post so personally talking about get my facts straight, making false accusations, and ending with how unfortunate it is that no one appreciates your efforts. Maybe my post was a bit harsh but I certainly didn't mean it as a call out like you suggest.

I think you can imagine a scenario when you are looking for some real world feedback on a new product as opposed to some internet talk.

Now picture that you look down the trail to see a broken jeep with a huge Fusion 4x4 decal and are told by a buddy of yours that the broken jeep you are looking at is running the 2.5 ton steering. I would imagine you'd want to know what broke.

Maybe my post came across harsh but whatever steering was on that JK was certainly not heavy duty or tough. Perhaps it would've been better to PM your company but when i remembered you had a thread on here I thought it might actually be information people might want to know IF it had been your product. Again, I'm glad it wasn't your product.

Maybe your response to my post would have been better without making it personal.

Either way I'm sure the only thing people on here will care about is that it wasn't the 2.5 ton steering that failed. So kudos I guess.
It seems like you realize the way you posted "came across harsh". It was pretty dickish with the quoted "hardcore" and smoke and mirrors statements when you could have just said - "hey saw your rig broke, was that your steering?"

Bad on Fusion4x4 for not getting his rig running his steering as good advertisement but sounds like he has that on the todo list for the different axle under that rig.

Full disclosure I have his 2.5ton steering on my front SD60 we're installing currently. While it is very beefy and I have confidence in it not breaking, I have given him feedback it is too low and look forward to him working on a way to flip it and raise it up.
post #23 of 43 Old 05-19-2016, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
It seems like you realize the way you posted "came across harsh". It was pretty dickish with the quoted "hardcore" and smoke and mirrors statements when you could have just said - "hey saw your rig broke, was that your steering?"

Bad on Fusion4x4 for not getting his rig running his steering as good advertisement but sounds like he has that on the todo list for the different axle under that rig.

Full disclosure I have his 2.5ton steering on my front SD60 we're installing currently. While it is very beefy and I have confidence in it not breaking, I have given him feedback it is too low and look forward to him working on a way to flip it and raise it up.
Steering is on our todo list. This past weekend was the first time the Jeep was running since last October. The custom cage took forever. In fact, the Jeep wasn't even done when we towed it to PA. Had a group of 4 guys working on it Friday night to get it rolling for the event this past weekend. As much as we would have liked to put some Fusion product on it, Fusion Jeep work comes after building customer product. Just hasn't been much time to touch the Jeep.

We are working on new SD60 rod ends that are much slimmer in design. Hope to have the prototype parts complete next week and then they will go on the Fusion JK for testing. We're confident in the design, it is just getting the lockout feature right so it will work correctly with the sweep and akerman of the SD axle. You know we are focused as our Jeep is down until it has a tie rod.

post #24 of 43 Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 AM
Wheeler

2.5 Ton tie rod

Gents,

A couple of things. I talked to Dan ahead of time about my application and what we were going to need. Good guy with lots knowledge.

I have a bent synergy and was looking to pack along the Fusion tie rod for our Colorado trip. Dan made sure it shipped 2nd day air to meet our departure date. Thank you Sir.

Second, when it arrived, the guys at the shop were taking pics and planning on when they were going to be getting one. The packaging is outstanding, something not always seen in the 4x4 world. The tie rod and ends are massive.

Thanks again.

Ted
post #25 of 43 Old 06-02-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightmn View Post
Gents,

A couple of things. I talked to Dan ahead of time about my application and what we were going to need. Good guy with lots knowledge.

I have a bent synergy and was looking to pack along the Fusion tie rod for our Colorado trip. Dan made sure it shipped 2nd day air to meet our departure date. Thank you Sir.

Second, when it arrived, the guys at the shop were taking pics and planning on when they were going to be getting one. The packaging is outstanding, something not always seen in the 4x4 world. The tie rod and ends are massive.

Thanks again.

Ted
Thanks! We're happy it worked out to get it to you in time for your trip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode