Rock Krawler Suspension - Rock Racer Systems Finally Released - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Rock Krawler Suspension - Rock Racer Systems Finally Released

Rock Krawler Suspension has put a lot of time, effort and is very proud to release to you our all new Rock Racer Systems for JK 2 Door and 4 Door applications.

Some of the many features and benefits:

*Independent 3 link conversion with high steer for the front end
*Coil Over/Bypass Assemblies up front directly linked to the axle housing
*Rear 3 Link Conversion with Trailing Arms (No more rear track bar!)
*Coil Over/Bypass mid mounted on the trailing arms in the rear
*Fully Tunable Suspension for the end user....
*The Rock Racer Systems turn your vehicle into a fun toy that can be driven every day.
*The front axle is pushed forward 1" for both 2 doors and 4 doors
*The rear axle is pushed back 6" on 2 door applications
*The rear axle is pushed back 3" on 4 door applications

Please note: There is axle requirements for WMS for the Rock Racer Systems. Please check out the website for WMS and Pinion requirements....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Rock God

Question...

Could parts from this kit be used to turn a standard rear JK suspension set up (mid arms and track bar) into a 3 link rear with no trackbar?

Like in my case I already have your 4 rear mid arms installed with the 1" rear wheelbase stretch. Could I simply replace your upper arms I have now with that that giant "y" shaped upper link and remove my rear trackbar?

Last edited by Biginboca; 10-09-2015 at 11:26 AM.
post #3 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 11:29 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Question...

Could parts from this kit be used to turn a standard rear JK suspension set up (mid arms and track bar) into a 3 link rear with no trackbar?

Like in my case I already have your 4 rear mid arms installed with the 1" rear wheelbase stretch. Could I simply replace your upper arms I have now with that that giant "y" shaped upper link and remove my rear trackbar?
Short answer is no.

Please note: There is axle requirements for WMS for the Rock Racer Systems. Please check out the website for WMS and Pinion requirements....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Short answer is no.

We'll they should come out with a 2" shorter version to work with their kits. The CRC to eliminate the rear trackbar is too complicated, this simple Y upper arm set up looks much more reliable
post #5 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

As I'm searching for my next suspension I was really looking forward to seeing how this turned out. Gotta say I am underwhelmed.

"
- Must have front and rear axles with WMS of 69 3/4" with 3.5" back spaced wheels or functional equivalents
- Must have a low pinion rear axle (fabbed 9's are excellent choices)
- Rear stretch corners required to accommodate 3" rear stretch
"

11k, And new rear axle where most popular options won't work, And stretch corner armor noone makes for a 4dr JK so extra fab work...

I'm all for R&D and seeing new products and appreciate the effort but hoping version 2 works some of these caveats out.
post #6 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
As I'm searching for my next suspension I was really looking forward to seeing how this turned out. Gotta say I am underwhelmed.

"
- Must have front and rear axles with WMS of 69 3/4" with 3.5" back spaced wheels or functional equivalents
- Must have a low pinion rear axle (fabbed 9's are excellent choices)
- Rear stretch corners required to accommodate 3" rear stretch
"

11k, And new rear axle where most popular options won't work, And stretch corner armor noone makes for a 4dr JK so extra fab work...

I'm all for R&D and seeing new products and appreciate the effort but hoping version 2 works some of these caveats out.
Have you looked at the Trail Gunner kit? Very similar package without the requirements you have listed. You can add other options to get it closer to what you want as well, such as a rear coilover conversion.

post #7 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Have you looked at the Trail Gunner kit? Very similar package without the requirements you have listed. You can add other options to get it closer to what you want as well, such as a rear coilover conversion.
I don't want this to be taken as a Rock Krawler bashing but I am underwhelmed by that as well. The trail gunner suspension with super beefed front coilover & bypasses shocks but leaving coils in the rear is like the guy who always does upper body but never lower body at the gym.

Sure you can add another rear coilover kit and still not get rear bypasses or a custom rear setup but why would you spend $9k on a trail gunner kit then if you have to replace half of it. I hate to be a negative nancy about things but hopefully some critical feedback will help. Unfortunately I'll be looking to do something in February and I doubt these kits will be redone by then. There are two other kits on par with this one. I was hoping the rock racer would be competitive with those but unfortunately it is not.
post #8 of 55 Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Granite Guru

Pictures of it installed from multiple angles would be nice.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Clayton 2.5" Overland Plus Lift, and more to come...
post #9 of 55 Old 10-10-2015, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

There are a lot of requirements and design considerations to make something like this fit under a JK. Our biggest compromise was not touching the OEM fuel system. Fuel systems are a huge liability issue as well as a point of inspection. For a JK Owner wanting a great performing system without cutting up into the cab space or redoing the fuel system, this is one of the best out there. This is what also made us stick to the low pinion rear axles.

We will be coming out with a system that uses our old replacement rear cross member and reverse triangulated 4 link arrangement that will require fuel cell and allow for the use of high pinion rear axles. But, again you need to do the fuel system.

As others have mentioned, the Trail Gunner System is a great performing and tuning system that will fit on OEM axles and is much more feasible.

We are confident you will see a lot of people coming out with or building custom trailing arm systems similar to this one in the near future...

We understand all your points of view... But for those that have witnessed these systems on the trails in Moab, KOH and other areas where we were testing and developing them, they were impressed...

RK
post #10 of 55 Old 10-10-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I don't want this to be taken as a Rock Krawler bashing but I am underwhelmed by that as well. The trail gunner suspension with super beefed front coilover & bypasses shocks but leaving coils in the rear is like the guy who always does upper body but never lower body at the gym.

Sure you can add another rear coilover kit and still not get rear bypasses or a custom rear setup but why would you spend $9k on a trail gunner kit then if you have to replace half of it. I hate to be a negative nancy about things but hopefully some critical feedback will help. Unfortunately I'll be looking to do something in February and I doubt these kits will be redone by then. There are two other kits on par with this one. I was hoping the rock racer would be competitive with those but unfortunately it is not.
Actually, think about rear coil over setups for minute and all the variables that can go into loading conditions for JK's.

A JK with 4 people in it, full size spare, and gear in the back is a different spring and dampening setup that an JK with just one person, no gear and super light. Then you couple that with the possibilities of trailer loads and so on down the road and the possible coil over setups becomes endless.

However, a good coil spring and shock combination can do all of the above without a ton of compromises. We think people dramatically over value coil overs and undervalue good coils and shocks.

Doing coil overs up front makes a ton of sense. The tuning is easier, the variables are much less. It is much easier to make customers happy... At the end of the day, that is what it is all about.

These systems will also be able to be purchased ala carte so if you want to do a front coil over/bypass upgrade it will be available, etc. etc.
post #11 of 55 Old 10-10-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
We'll they should come out with a 2" shorter version to work with their kits. The CRC to eliminate the rear trackbar is too complicated, this simple Y upper arm set up looks much more reliable
We would love to offer this for the standard wheel base applications, but it is just won't fit....
post #12 of 55 Old 10-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Actually, think about rear coil over setups for minute and all the variables that can go into loading conditions for JK's.

A JK with 4 people in it, full size spare, and gear in the back is a different spring and dampening setup that an JK with just one person, no gear and super light. Then you couple that with the possibilities of trailer loads and so on down the road and the possible coil over setups becomes endless.

However, a good coil spring and shock combination can do all of the above without a ton of compromises. We think people dramatically over value coil overs and undervalue good coils and shocks.

Doing coil overs up front makes a ton of sense. The tuning is easier, the variables are much less. It is much easier to make customers happy... At the end of the day, that is what it is all about.

These systems will also be able to be purchased ala carte so if you want to do a front coil over/bypass upgrade it will be available, etc. etc.
Great post!
post #13 of 55 Old 10-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

Any installed pics?

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #14 of 55 Old 10-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Granite Guru

Could you do single triangulated upper links with a relocated gas tank like a Genright and be able to run a high pinion axle? Or is the axle pushed too far back?
post #15 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Could you do single triangulated upper links with a relocated gas tank like a Genright and be able to run a high pinion axle? Or is the axle pushed too far back?
Yes sir. That is correct. It is the factory gas thank that put the limit on the rear upper construction which in turn limited it to low pinion rear axles only.

Once the factory tank is taken out of the equation and standard triangulation methods can be used, the rest of it goes out the window... High pinions become available.

99.9% of JK Owners do not want to cut up through the tub or do a fuel system so we went this route first. Our next build will be all out with the reverse triangulate cross member that we ran in our Victim build and all else being the same on a 4 door. It will be one hard core 4 door for sure...

RK
post #16 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Yes sir. That is correct. It is the factory gas thank that put the limit on the rear upper construction which in turn limited it to low pinion rear axles only.

Once the factory tank is taken out of the equation and standard triangulation methods can be used, the rest of it goes out the window... High pinions become available.

99.9% of JK Owners do not want to cut up through the tub or do a fuel system so we went this route first. Our next build will be all out with the reverse triangulate cross member that we ran in our Victim build and all else being the same on a 4 door. It will be one hard core 4 door for sure...

RK
Reverse triangulation would still leave the stock tank where it is?
post #17 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Reverse triangulation will require a fuel cell conversion. It will not go around the factory tank.. Sorry

RK
post #18 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Reverse triangulation will require a fuel cell conversion. It will not go around the factory tank.. Sorry

RK
Whoops I was looking at the wrong build. I like that. Could you run a Genright tank behind the rear axle?
post #19 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Reverse triangulation would still leave the stock tank where it is?
You could triangulate to the rear (top of rear diff to rear frame corners) and keep the stock tank as is. Would work to center the axle and eliminate the need for a track bar but that type of triangulation can run into all sorts of other, unintended, geometry issues.

Brian
12 JKU Rubicon
Poison Spyder Armor
40" Nitto M/T's on TrailReady Beadlocks
RJ60vxr/RJ70 axles / King Coil-overs front / King Shocks & Plushride Springs rear / Genright Cage/ PS Armor
post #20 of 55 Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjb74 View Post
You could triangulate to the rear (top of rear diff to rear frame corners) and keep the stock tank as is. Would work to center the axle and eliminate the need for a track bar but that type of triangulation can run into all sorts of other, unintended, geometry issues.
Thats actually what I thought RK was talking about initially and is NOT what I want. After looking at Victim, that looks better. The remaining question though is if you have to do a fuel cell in the tub or if you could run a genright tank behind the rear axle.
post #21 of 55 Old 10-14-2015, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Whoops I was looking at the wrong build. I like that. Could you run a Genright tank behind the rear axle?
On a 4 door yes, 2 door with 6" rear stretch it is doubtful...

RK
post #22 of 55 Old 10-14-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjb74 View Post
With the amount of suspension travel we have in the system, that arrangement would promote a huge amount of pinion change and it is certainly not the optimum geometry for suspension like you mentioned.... We would never do that.. Sorry..

RK
post #23 of 55 Old 10-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Any chance of being able to buy the stretched rear corners and tube fenders through you guys? I've seen two sets on JK's that you guys have built/helped with (silver 2 door and black 4 door) and have called poison spyder about getting a set, unfortunately Ive been told they are not producing/selling them at this time and no plan to in the near future. I would be VERY interested in a set of rear corners and tube flares that are both stretched 3" like this one...

post #24 of 55 Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnJK View Post
Any chance of being able to buy the stretched rear corners and tube fenders through you guys? I've seen two sets on JK's that you guys have built/helped with (silver 2 door and black 4 door) and have called poison spyder about getting a set, unfortunately Ive been told they are not producing/selling them at this time and no plan to in the near future. I would be VERY interested in a set of rear corners and tube flares that are both stretched 3" like this one...

Hang in there. We'll see some from Crawler Conceptz soon.

post #25 of 55 Old 10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Man I hope so!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode