DV8 Fastback Hardtops - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

DV8 Fastback Hardtops

These have been out for a while but they are probably new to some on here.

DV8 Offroad Fastback Hardtop.

Shipping is cheaper than you would probably imagine and they come in either a ready to paint primer or in black like the factory hardtop.

Call to order from one of our authorized dealers and get shipping quotes!!
More Pics at DV8Offroad.com/FastbackTops
(951) 680-9595

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have seen a video YouTube where they installed one of these. Great quantity ave awesome fit and finish. Plus they are stronger than the factory hard top.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Granite Guru

Nice...wish I had the energy to switch from soft top to hard top during the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I really like the look of the fastback top and I would like to have a hard top at some point. Just need to hear a few people say they don't leak like a sieve.

Kevin
post #5 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I really like the look of the fastback top and I would like to have a hard top at some point. Just need to hear a few people say they don't leak like a sieve.

Kevin
We warranty all of our tops and if they leak we will fix the problem. We've sold hundreds of these tops and the only time we have ever had a leak is when they are not installed properly. 100% Leak Free Guarantee!!!
post #6 of 23 Old 10-01-2015, 05:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How long have you been producing the tops?

Kevin
post #7 of 23 Old 10-02-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
How long have you been producing the tops?

Kevin
We've been producing the tops for around 2 years now and at this time are the premier slantback top builder in the country. Gobi is even designing a rack around our top which will be available very soon. We've sold hundreds of them with very very few issues. The only time we've had any kind of issue is when the top is improperly installed and it has always just taken a phone call to get the issue taken care of.
post #8 of 23 Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's very reassuring. Thanks. It will be a couple months before I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Kevin
post #9 of 23 Old 10-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Wheeler

Good looking top, but at $3,500+...OUCH!
post #10 of 23 Old 10-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Rock God

and thats why i dont buy wild boar...... how does making a slant top raise the price to $3500.... looks like i never get one of these....

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 23 Old 10-05-2015, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good, no two door version = cash saved.

It looks really nice though, better than WB.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Last edited by terrahawk; 10-05-2015 at 09:55 AM.
post #12 of 23 Old 10-05-2015, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon View Post
Good looking top, but at $3,500+...OUCH!
$3500 is with shipping included, if you get a custom quote from us we can cut that price down by up t $100. Especially if you have a business address or can get some guys to take the top out of the truck without a lift gate. The whole site has free shipping and we had to jack the price on the top up after a couple guys from Puerto Rico bought one and we lost some serious money . We are working on a shipping calculator as well for a more permanent solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post
and thats why i dont buy wild boar...... how does making a slant top raise the price to $3500.... looks like i never get one of these....
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Good, no two door version = cash saved.

It looks really nice though, better than WB.
Thank you! Its tough to do this top justice in pictures too. It looks even better in person!
post #13 of 23 Old 10-07-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

You can now also buy these from Extreme Terrain for $2799

http://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-fa...-ht07fb42.html
post #14 of 23 Old 10-07-2015, 04:20 PM
JKO Addict!

I just wish somebody would make a hardtop Bikini

JKUS Sort of
post #15 of 23 Old 10-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Offroad View Post
You can now also buy these from Extreme Terrain for $2799

http://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-fa...-ht07fb42.html
Still outta my range

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #16 of 23 Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
I just wish somebody would make a hardtop Bikini
they do, its freedom panels. you can run them with out the rest of the hard top.

post #17 of 23 Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post
they do, its freedom panels. you can run them with out the rest of the hard top.
I need something to go a little farther back, to keep the rain out, already have the freedom panels.

JKUS Sort of
post #18 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 11:34 PM

To good to be true?

Get All,

Found this hardtop on Amazon being sold by seller DropAir for $603.14 and I cant believe that price is for real. Especially when all over the net they run upwards of $2800.

I am wondering if this is a BS listing or if its the real thing. The price sounds way to good to be true. They have pics, and questions that have been answered by the seller. Free shipping also.

Can I get your thoughts if you have any.

If this is a real price I will be ordering one as soon as I get some feedback that says it sounds like its a real product being sold by them. Sounds to good to be true but I figured I would ask if people had heard of "knock offs" being sold online.

Thanks,

Sean
post #19 of 23 Old 11-03-2016, 05:40 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Offroad View Post
$3500 is with shipping included, if you get a custom quote from us we can cut that price down by up t $100. Especially if you have a business address or can get some guys to take the top out of the truck without a lift gate. The whole site has free shipping and we had to jack the price on the top up after a couple guys from Puerto Rico bought one and we lost some serious money . We are working on a shipping calculator as well for a more permanent solution.

Maybe that didn't come across how you meant it? You covered your loss with the green backs of the buyers who didn't screw your profit margin because of your website screw up?

The top is nice looking and is certainly better looking than the Wild Boar top, but after that post.... meh.

2007 JKU Sahara........................... 2015 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E......................................2.5" Rock Krawler Expedition Stage-1
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear........35's
Bastard lift
Totaled; being rebuilt
post #20 of 23 Old 11-15-2016, 02:40 PM

When will these be back in stock? I'd like to get a raw finished one.

Thanks,
Chris
post #21 of 23 Old 11-17-2016, 05:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have ordered a few parts from DV8 but it was after I emailed them asking about the items. The price posted on the web site seems alittle steep but once they have my order and address the quote is hundreds less than the website to a residential address.... But as you can see DV8 hasn't been active on the site for a while (since KOH). I know they are a smaller company and SEMA just came and went so that could have something to do with it.

- 37 Irok's - 4.88 - Detroit/OX -
post #22 of 23 Old 11-24-2016, 11:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
DV8 - Fastback Top

I love my DV8 Fastback top. The quality is excellent. I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting the DV8 Team at SEMA. They addressed a minor issue I was having with my new top.

The Project is moving forward.
post #23 of 23 Old 11-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Wheeler

I managed to find me one used and it was missing some hardware so I emailed Cole at dv8 to find out how I could buy it. Cole sent me the parts overnight at no charge. Can't say I run into that too often nowadays and I think that's about as good as customer service gets.
I really like the top.... super quiet and no drips or leaks after washing my jeep.
Thanx guys.

Oh and for anyone else looking for one the cheapest I found was rubitrux for around $2100.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode