Pics of the new 2 Door JK Cage from GenRight! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 08-19-2015, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage
Pics of the new 2 Door JK Cage from GenRight!

This is the last step before the cage is released! We test fit the cage in a real Jeep!

So if all goes well, this cage should be available in 30 to 60 days!

Questions? Post up!

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 08-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Granite Guru

Hell yes.
post #3 of 43 Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Granite Guru

Will it utilize the two verticle V windshield bars like the 4 door version?
If the windshield is layed down is there a windshield brace sticking out from the top of the A pillar tube or could the brace be removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 08-19-2015, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep_06 View Post
Will it utilize the two verticle V windshield bars like the 4 door version?
If the windshield is layed down is there a windshield brace sticking out from the top of the A pillar tube or could the brace be removed?
The V is part of the cage, but does not have to be installed if you don't want it.

There will not be anything "sticking out" from the A pillar.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #5 of 43 Old 08-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Rock God

Finally a real cage for us 2 door guys, nice work!

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #6 of 43 Old 08-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Rock God

Any plans for real tubes on the front that go through the dash and frame mounts for all 6 down tubes?

My Trailer Queen don't ride on one ... it pulls one.
post #7 of 43 Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #8 of 43 Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 AM
Granite Guru

Ideas on a ballpark price point?
post #9 of 43 Old 08-20-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep_06 View Post
Ideas on a ballpark price point?
Pricing should be available very shortly. I already asked.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #10 of 43 Old 08-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

Will it the into the frame? Or will there be that option available when ordering?
post #11 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

More info, pricing and pics here: http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=GRC8002

Oh yeah, you can now place your orders on that page as well!!

PS We've had some questions about tying into the frame and the A Pillar design. We worked closely with Engineers from Jeep on this design. That's one of the advantages of our relationship with Jeep!

And as always, you can save 10% on your order of GenRight parts from our website with code "GRCHRISH".

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #12 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

The cage is out for a few of the hard to get to welds and then off to powdercoating on Monday!

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #13 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post

PS We've had some questions about tying into the frame and the A Pillar design. We worked closely with Engineers from Jeep on this design. That's one of the advantages of our relationship with Jeep!
Care to elaborate? Just curious.
post #14 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
PS We've had some questions about tying into the frame and the A Pillar design.
I was one ... and I haven't seen an answer yet.

Quote:
We worked closely with Engineers from Jeep on this design. That's one of the advantages of our relationship with Jeep!
Do the engineers from Jeep not recommend tying into the frame and using real tubes through the dash??

post #15 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Gents,

I'm not an engineer and won't try to imitate one.

I've shared what I know. The guys on the GenRight side have built 4400 class cars that have finished 2nd 2 times at King of the Hammers. We also have a relationship with Jeep that allows us access to their drawings and engineers.

This is the design that they came up with. Is it different? It is. But we believe it is the best possible design.

Everyone will not agree. That's okay. This cage isn't for everyone. You have to give up the factory sound bar and a lot of the interior plastic. But once again, we believe it is the best possible design for a 2 door JK.

If you have other questions, give us a call. We'd be happy to assist.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #16 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Gents,

I'm not an engineer and won't try to imitate one.

I've shared what I know. The guys on the GenRight side have built 4400 class cars that have finished 2nd 2 times at King of the Hammers. We also have a relationship with Jeep that allows us access to their drawings and engineers.

This is the design that they came up with. Is it different? It is. But we believe it is the best possible design.

Everyone will not agree. That's okay. This cage isn't for everyone. You have to give up the factory sound bar and a lot of the interior plastic. But once again, we believe it is the best possible design for a 2 door JK.
No worries, I'm no engineer either, I'm not here to bust any balls.

I'm sure someone there has a good explanation, I'd just like to know what it is. I've seen cages with no frame tie-ins work really well, and some not so well (see picture, I understand it's a unibody)

post #17 of 43 Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Granite Guru

Holy crap that's expensive... Very nice but at that price it should be welded,p coated and installed!

2010 jk 2dr 3.5 in lift synergy c/arms synergy high steer RPM fab tierod Dynatrac pro rock front 5:13s cooper stt 37s eaton e locker adv adapters rubicrawler adams driveshafts bilsteins. Bestop trektop pro poisen spyder tire carrier VKS stubby rear bumper VKS fab stubby front. Pure jeep sliders yaesu ftm400. Shit I forgot the rest... KK6WIT
post #18 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 01:45 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I just don't get why this doesn't tie into the frame. If you pay someone to build you a custom cage it ties into the frame. And the price...are you kidding me. Just another over priced product from gen right. I will continue NOT buying things from them. Gotta support those KOH teams some how.

its all about the crawl ratio.
post #19 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I'm not an engineer and won't try to imitate one ...
I am.

Quote:
The guys on the GenRight side have built 4400 class cars that have finished 2nd 2 times at King of the Hammers ...
Were the cages in those cars full tube and tied into the frame??

Quote:
This cage isn't for everyone. You have to give up the factory sound bar and a lot of the interior plastic. But once again, we believe it is the best possible design for a 2 door JK.
It ain't about givin' up some speakers and plastic ... it's about savin' lives. This product should be advertised as a "full sport cage" rather than a "full roll cage". There's a lot of folks buyin' jeeps that are new to the off-road world and should not be led to believe in any form or fashion that this is a protective roll cage. This is a sport cage that looks great goin' topless to the mall.

I would welcome a debate on this issue from either your engineers or the engineers at Jeep.

For a few hun'erd bucks more, a fella can have a true, full roll cage installed at many fine 4wd shops across the country.

I've spoke my piece and I'm done now ... carry on.

post #20 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

This is not a sport cage.

Our owner runs the 4 door version of this cage in our Terremoto JKU. And he trusts it enough to compete in events like RallyVenture with his wife and 2 sons on board.

I've never seen a cage thread on a forum that didn't include a good bit of disagreement. It's expected and acceptable. We all want the same thing..........a safe product.

If you're considering the cage and have questions or concerns, please give us a call.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #21 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru

How is the access to the back seat?
post #22 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Quote:
This is not a sport cage.

Our owner runs the 4 door version of this cage in our Terremoto JKU. And he trusts it enough to compete in events like RallyVenture with his wife and 2 sons on board.
That's a terrible defense. Lacking frame tie-ins and even the lower part of the A pillar is purposely engineering an Achilles heel into the design. The rest of the cage looks great. Adding tie-ins at the A&B pillars should have been simple.

As usual, even with a 10% discount your pricing is not competitive. I'm really not sure how you guys sell anything. I go to your site, look around, and then look at the price and decide to buy a similar product elsewhere. I looked at the 4door cage and ended up buying other kits because of the price (I used your frame tie-in kit to tie those into the A & B Pillars). I'm also currently looking at buying something similar to your Ultimate JK suspension and will probably buy something else because of the price again.

Last edited by BigPrince; 08-22-2015 at 06:08 PM.
post #23 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
That's a terrible defense. Lacking frame tie-ins and even the lower part of the A pillar is purposely engineering an Achilles heel into the design. The rest of the cage looks great. Adding tie-ins at the A&B pillars should have been simple.

As usual, even with a 10% discount your pricing is not competitive. I'm really not sure how you guys sell anything. I go to your site, look around, and then look at the price and decide to buy a similar product elsewhere. I looked at the 4door cage and ended up buying other kits because of the price (I used your frame tie-in kit to tie those into the A & B Pillars). I'm also currently looking at buying something similar to your Ultimate JK suspension and will probably buy something else because of the price again.
1000% agree

its all about the crawl ratio.
post #24 of 43 Old 08-22-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtljeep View Post
How is the access to the back seat?
Difficult. That X behind the seat is important to the cage. With the top down, your best bet would be to hop in over the rear tire.

Does anyone with a 2 door run a back seat?

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #25 of 43 Old 08-23-2015, 04:24 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks. I figured it would be a challenge.

I run a back seat since it's my daily driver and I have a son in a car seat.

I could get a 4 door but I like my 2 door and make it work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode