Poison Spyder JK Crusher Corners - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Poison Spyder JK Crusher Corners

Hey guys we have some great news to report on our JK Crusher Corners. First the big news:
They're now ONLY $399!!

Yeah you read that right. Now only $399, down from the old retail price of $605. Why the huge price drop? Simply put, they're now less expensive to us, so we're passing the savings on to you. We're a pretty well equipped manufacturing shop, but these corners are die-formed in a huge stamping press, which we simply don't have the equipment to do ourselves, so we've always used an outside source for the stamped blanks. We recently switched suppliers (yes, they are still MADE IN U.S.A.), and the price came down dramatically. Helping that was that its now a one-piece part for the 4-door Crusher Corner (we used to have to weld 2 pieces together), saving some expense in welding and finishing.

There are two other minor differences in these new Crusher Corners versus the old ones: First, they no longer have the Spyder logo cut out at the forward edge. Second, we made the cut-out around the tailgate hinge openings in the passenger side piece larger, so that our JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier can be installed without any further grinding or modifying of the Crusher Corners. For those not running the Body Mounted Tire Carrier, you would simply keep the stock plastic hinge bezels (the old Crusher Corners required them to be removed). Other than that, they're the same form-fitting, fit-like-a-glove, 1/8" steel armor that they've always been, just at a price that is now over $200 LOWER!

We've also added a new configuration, for those who would like to install Crusher Corners but retain the stock taillights. So now there are four configurations:

JK 4-Dr Crusher Corners - LED Taillights

JK 4-Dr Crusher Corners - LED Tail & Backup Lights

JK 4-Dr Crusher Corners - OEM Taillights

JK 4-Dr Crusher Corners - Blank (no taillight cut-outs)

(Note that 2-door Crusher Corners are also being reconfigured. They're currently unavailable since we're still working on a tooling solution for them. Ironically, 2-door corners are actually bigger than 4-door corners, exceeding the capacity of the machinery we're using on these, so we might still have to make them as a 2-piece assembly, but we're still working that out with the die-makers. We'll report when we have news on the 2-door version.)

NEW LED LIGHT & WIRING BUNDLES!

In addition to huge price drop on the new Crusher Corners, we've also taken steps to make the conversion to LED taillights and/or backup lights a lot more affordable. You may remember last year we introduced a brand new plug-and-play LED taillight wiring harness system, which made it possible to install our LED taillights, reverse lights, and license plate/3rd brake light, all without cutting your Jeep's wiring harness or splicing any wires. You simply plug it in to the stock taillight connectors! Well, we've bundled up everything you need to install either LED Taillights or LED Tail & Backup Lights, for one new LOW PRICE! You can now save over $100 on one of these kits, compared to purchasing the components separately at MSRP. The result: with these new low prices you can now get the Crusher Corners and everything you need to convert to LED's, for less than the old price of just the Crusher Corners!

JK LED Tail & Reverse Lights with Wiring Harnesses Kit - $199

JK LED Taillights & Wiring Harnesses Kit - $149
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Nice! Looking forward to installing these soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

$200 Bucks Cheaper..... where are they made if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Wheeler

How much for a set cut to a 4 inch stretch? Rear Crusher flares set up similarly? Will you even offer these outside of sponsored jeep builds?

Know you have a set out there in use by an JKU that recently had RK's new RockRacer kit installed.

Brian
12 JKU Rubicon
Poison Spyder Armor
40" Nitto M/T's on TrailReady Beadlocks
RJ60vxr/RJ70 axles / King Coil-overs front / King Shocks & Plushride Springs rear / Genright Cage/ PS Armor
post #5 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

Damn those look good...and that price decrease is a huge drop. Excited to see the options for the 2 door crowd.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #6 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Same stuff they've always been made of, 1/8" mild steel. I don't have the alloy grade number handy but if its important to you I can look it up.
post #7 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Probably by 12 year old workers in China. LMAO.

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #8 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjb74 View Post
How much for a set cut to a 4 inch stretch? Rear Crusher flares set up similarly? Will you even offer these outside of sponsored jeep builds?

Know you have a set out there in use by an JKU that recently had RK's new RockRacer kit installed.
We're not doing custom cuts on them yet. The reason is because of the same issue with the 2-door version I mention in the original post. The dimensions of the 4-door corners as a one-piece stamping are right at the limit of what the machine we're using can do. To do a stretched 4-door, it will require the front edge to come down along the back of the door seam, which slants forward as it goes down, making it too big to make in one piece. So it would be back to a 2-piece assembly. We have plans to do that at some point but we're not there yet.
post #9 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm just f'ing around there really cool. Great price!

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #10 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjb74 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
Probably by 12 year old workers in China. LMAO.
Oops my bad, I read him wrong I thought he asked what they were made OF. As for where, they are made here in the USA as I said in the original post (sorry to disappoint you greenmeanie with your fantasies of 12-year old Chinese boys LOL).
post #11 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Granite Guru

This is awesome!

08 JKUR

Just an asshole with a Jeep....

Rancho+AEV+Rubicon Express+Rock Krawler+Synergy+Warn,+Rough Country+Cobra+Banks+Magnaflow+Superchips+Bestop+Po ison Spyder+EVO+G2+Mopar+Yukon+WTO+Level 8+Coopers+garage wontons
post #12 of 48 Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Awesome news. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the update yesterday!

post #13 of 48 Old 07-31-2015, 07:08 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Oops my bad, I read him wrong I thought he asked what they were made OF. As for where, they are made here in the USA as I said in the original post (sorry to disappoint you greenmeanie with your fantasies of 12-year old Chinese boys LOL).
Thank you sir, wasn't trying to sling shit as my jeep looks like a poison spyder fan boy anyways (everything but these) but with the recent events it is a valid question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #14 of 48 Old 07-31-2015, 04:38 PM
Wheeler

Wanna send me a check for $200
post #15 of 48 Old 08-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Granite Guru

How much is the 2 door version?
post #16 of 48 Old 08-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Wheeler

Damn I was looking at corners for my 2 door last week...
post #17 of 48 Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Dusty, I'm sorry it I'm misunderstanding this correctly, but is a 2-door version currently available?

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #18 of 48 Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Wheeler

Received mine today, i have to say every large PS part I ordered (northiridge4x4) shipped in expandable packing foam. From bumpers, fenders to armor everything has showed up damage free...

2013 JKU O-M, ARB Air, ARB Lockers, 4.88, 17x9, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2, lots of other PS parts trying to find the time for install...
2011 GT3RS all kinds of crazy
post #19 of 48 Old 08-05-2015, 07:56 AM
JKowners Vendor

Nice clean corners....

RK
post #20 of 48 Old 08-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Granite Guru

Location: Cave Creek, AZ to Fayetteville, AR, back to Scottsdale, AZ

Love mine.
Would love them more at this new lower price!

post #21 of 48 Old 08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post
Dusty, I'm sorry it I'm misunderstanding this correctly, but is a 2-door version currently available?

RC
I'm not Dusty but I do know he is out of the office right now so I will answer your question to my best knowledge. The 2dr corner is not currently available with the new process. There might be some hope that will change but not right now. You might be able to find a set of the original version through one of the many vendors (check with Northridge4x4). Another option is running a 4dr corner on your 2 door. Only thing is it wont have the coverage in front of the wheel opening.

post #22 of 48 Old 08-10-2015, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcode View Post

RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
(Note that 2-door Crusher Corners are also being reconfigured. They're currently unavailable since we're still working on a tooling solution for them...)
Sorry to disappoint. I'll update this thread whenever I have some concrete news to report on the 2-door verson.
post #23 of 48 Old 08-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

I'd like to get some for a 2 dr. I want the ones with the logo cutout though. Unless there is some issue don't think its good idea to stop including that. Just charge me more its ok.

I'm gonna be moving on from the 1st gen rockbrawler tire carrier to the 2nd gen with tire carrier or just the base with the JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier as soon as my hemi install is finished. Looking forward to it.
post #24 of 48 Old 09-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Granite Guru

Interested in a 2dr version as well. These look nice.

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

|
|

2013 JK

post #25 of 48 Old 11-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Wheeler

Any word for these for a 2 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode