Jeep JKU and Tj Gatekeeper tire carrier - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Jeep JKU and Tj Gatekeeper tire carrier

Get that heavy spare tire off the back of your jeep and into a safer, less vulnerable position. Helps with better weight distribution as well as departure angles. Easy bolt in installation via hard top mounting locations. Works with both hard and soft top applications. Provides a great mounting location for your hi lift jack and many other accessories. Gives your jeep one of a kind look. All for a great price of $550. Powder coat and shipping are extra depending on color and location. Coming soon for the JK
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Wheeler

Looks great! Will it support a 40" tire? What about an 8 lug wheel?
post #3 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

I can make them in any lug pattern. As far as supporting a 40, I don't see any problems with that. However I have yet to test fit a 40 lol. I believe it will fit with some interior mods to the roll bar padding. And know that it will not work with the factory sub box. But a 37 will fit with no issues. The tire in the picture shown is a 35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Wheeler

need more pictures
post #5 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Sorry about that. For some reason I was only able to post a single picture.
Attached Images

post #6 of 20 Old 06-17-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Here's some more
Attached Images

post #7 of 20 Old 06-18-2015, 03:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

Any plans for a 2 door JK option?

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #8 of 20 Old 06-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

I would also be interested with a 2 door option, if the softtop can be retained.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-18-2015, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Yes I do have plans for a 2 door version. Turns out the tubs are slightly differs in the mounting locations from the JKU to the JK. Go figure. All I need is a jeep to build the first one off of!!
post #10 of 20 Old 06-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm probably too far away, but there has to be a member local that could offer up. Maybe make it work with a Trektop, cause they are popular.

I just saw the Facebook page. Really cool stuff. More info on that bumper too....

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #11 of 20 Old 06-18-2015, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

I had built a bumper previously that had a swing out carrier on it. When I came up with the gatekeeper carrier, I redesigned it to have the maximum ground clearance with the least amount of frame cutting possible. To me, removing reay the entire rear crossmember is a bad idea. I'm in the process of finding a 2 door. But the more it's out there, the sooner it will happen. The carrier will be designed to work with that style top, just as the JKU carrier does. I actually have that top on mine, and it's pretty cool when it's all together.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-19-2015, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

I will soon have a few for the JKU in stock and ready to ship!
post #13 of 20 Old 06-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Granite Guru

Rename your bumper "the keymaster" and ill buy them both
post #14 of 20 Old 06-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Granite Guru

that's pretty cool. Is there enough room between the bar and the rear seats (in the front of the hi-lift jack)? Because it looks like there's enough space to add a shelf for tools, parts, etc. or perhaps an ammo can's length?
post #15 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

may I inquire as-to the weight of the piece ? I am highly conscious of any exceptionally heavy additions to my rig. I keep it in off-road trim ( spare, tools , hilift, etc) at under 4750lbs w/out top and under 4900lbs w/ hardtop so would only balk at something crazy heavy... it's be cool to have an aluminum version of this but probably tough to make ...you'd have to jack the price to over a grand but would be light as heck. I am not a fabricator so not sure of how tough that'd be but just talking out loud before I even know what the steel weight is ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Granite Guru

Need to see it with a 40-42" tire. Seriously thinking of redoing my bumpers with this and a slim rear bumper rather than my current carrier.
post #17 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSnow View Post
that's pretty cool. Is there enough room between the bar and the rear seats (in the front of the hi-lift jack)? Because it looks like there's enough space to add a shelf for tools, parts, etc. or perhaps an ammo can's length?
In the Tj there is quite a bit of room to add additional storage space. And I would assume the same for a JK. As for the JKU, the jack fits snug to the seat. But, what I didn't picture was my recent accessorie mounting plates, that bolt onto the rack for a great place to mound whatever you can think of to the rack itself!
post #18 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
Need to see it with a 40-42" tire. Seriously thinking of redoing my bumpers with this and a slim rear bumper rather than my current carrier.
I will work on getting that set up for you to see! Just gotta find someone with that size tire! Lol. Did some testing with the new bumper today, and I must say I'm impressed. Didn't smack it a single time! Not to say that it won't happen, but still.
post #19 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
may I inquire as-to the weight of the piece ? I am highly conscious of any exceptionally heavy additions to my rig. I keep it in off-road trim ( spare, tools , hilift, etc) at under 4750lbs w/out top and under 4900lbs w/ hardtop so would only balk at something crazy heavy... it's be cool to have an aluminum version of this but probably tough to make ...you'd have to jack the price to over a grand but would be light as heck. I am not a fabricator so not sure of how tough that'd be but just talking out loud before I even know what the steel weight is ....
I completely understand! The entire rack weighs in somewhere around 70lbs. I'll get you and exact weight come Monday. I've considered aluminum, but as you stated it'd be extremely expensive. And I worry about the longevity of the rack itself.
post #20 of 20 Old 06-20-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLarry View Post
Rename your bumper "the keymaster" and ill buy them both
Hey, if that's all it takes! You've got a deal! Haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode