New Luminex LED lights on www.headlightupgrade.com - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-22-2015, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

New Luminex LED lights on www.headlightupgrade.com

We just started carrying the new Luminex LED headlights this week. Currently selling for $741.99

Unique design, simple plug and play install, and good output make these a nice upgrade vs stock. I belive they are 6000lm each on the high beam. No specs yet on low beam.

We just put them on our rig yesterday and will be testing them out over the next few days. They are avialable for purchase on our site now via this link: http://headlightupgrade.com/collecti...led-headlights

Here's a few quick pics we took after the install.

If there are any questions please let me know - [email protected]
Attached Images

w:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
e:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
p: 716.662.3479

IG:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Putco has a bunch of impressive letter number combinations like MIL-STD-810G IP68 IP69K ASTM117 etc.
The front say DOT SAE is it really if so that should probably be advertised too...
They look really flat from the front, do have a side view with them off and not installed?

2013 PBU JKU-S, 37x12.50R17 KO2s, Fuel D552, RE: 3.5progressive+hydrbumps+disconnects TF:TB-DL-TR+Long arms+LCAskids+FoxResi+tailgate, grade 9 bolts, 10th hood, NemInd fenders, RSE Al rear, TNT stubby + sliders, ORH top, KCGravityPros, JWS taillight, Riddle cover 4.56 eaton elocker, sleeves + chromolys, DT BJs, Mopar + DT brakes
post #3 of 13 Old 05-23-2015, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

The are indeed DOT / SAE certified.
The lights are about 1" thick and resemble a disc - its a very interesting design!

I didnt take any other pics before we installed them but can snap a few for the website when the rest of our stock arrives.

w:
e:

IG:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Granite Guru

$700 plus.. wowzers.. maybe $500 for the pair maybe..

2014 jk oscar mike edition. Manual. 3.5" Rubicon super flex suspension lift. 35" AT tires 17" method rims. Body armor doors. Smitty built MOD front bumper. Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, ARB twin compressor, Spod with gauge, D2 LED's.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 PM
JKowners Vendor

Yup way to much for headlights in my opinion
post #6 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDprojectors View Post
We just started carrying the new Luminex LED headlights this week. Currently selling for $741.99

Unique design, simple plug and play install, and good output make these a nice upgrade vs stock. I belive they are 6000lm each on the high beam. No specs yet on low beam.

We just put them on our rig yesterday and will be testing them out over the next few days. They are avialable for purchase on our site now via this link: http://headlightupgrade.com/collecti...led-headlights

Tom ( HIDprojectors)
you never returned w/ the results of your statement," ...will be testing them out over the next few days..." ; what were your experience with these Putco Luminex LED headlights after , what, nearly 2.5 months?
I like the look of these and thus far they are the only LED Headlights I may consider ( the JWSpeakers are too pricey) & am very interested in your feedback.
thanks!

post #7 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 07:21 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
Quote:

Tom ( HIDprojectors)
you never returned w/ the results of your statement," ...will be testing them out over the next few days..." ; what were your experience with these Putco Luminex LED headlights after , what, nearly 2.5 months?
I like the look of these and thus far they are the only LED Headlights I may consider ( the JWSpeakers are too pricey) & am very interested in your feedback.
thanks!
If you look around you can find JWs under $700 FYI just need to catch the sales
post #8 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Tom ( HIDprojectors)
thanks!
My apologies - yes, we have tested these and they are really nice! I'll attach a couple of pics here. The output doesn't have the same cutoff as our projectors do (which is expected) and the light color is closer to a 4300K in my opinion.

Overall a very unique headlight - plug and play install and LED technology result in a really nice upgrade for the Jeep.

Here's a link where they can be purchased, if you're interested: http://headlightupgrade.com/collecti...-sold-in-pairs
Attached Images

w:
e:

IG:

post #9 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 01:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass5money View Post
$700 plus.. wowzers.. maybe $500 for the pair maybe..
They have that Bro look so $300 max for me.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 03:26 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Oh good lawdy, that glare. Cutoff? Blob -o- light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
My apologies - yes, we have tested these and they are really nice! I'll attach a couple of pics here. The output doesn't have the same cutoff as our projectors do (which is expected) and the light color is closer to a 4300K in my opinion.

Overall a very unique headlight - plug and play install and LED technology result in a really nice upgrade for the Jeep.

Here's a link where they can be purchased, if you're interested: http://headlightupgrade.com/collecti...-sold-in-pairs
thanks ! yeah , the color looks a little on the warm side & that's my hesitation ( well, they aren't cheap , either ...) ; I'm pretty happy w/ my Delta 7" w/ some crazy Russian Bosch euro-spec H4s but I am an aluminum freak ( my four door is really light) & I dig the form factor of these but am still South of confident in LED headlights ...the pulse width across CAN isn't an issue w/these at all, I'll presume ?

post #12 of 13 Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
thanks ! yeah , the color looks a little on the warm side & that's my hesitation ( well, they aren't cheap , either ...) ; I'm pretty happy w/ my Delta 7" w/ some crazy Russian Bosch euro-spec H4s but I am an aluminum freak ( my four door is really light) & I dig the form factor of these but am still South of confident in LED headlights ...the pulse width across CAN isn't an issue w/these at all, I'll presume ?
Correct, they have built in anti-flicker modules that eliminates any flickering.

w:
e:

IG:

post #13 of 13 Old 08-30-2015, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

As much as you don't benefit from this info, I have sourced these online for a bit less money ( like, $250 less!) so they may actually be a possibility for me. I like how the light pattern you show against the garage door looks so clean and the projected circles of light look very sharp; sharper than I would expect....w/ LEDs it's always the distance of the cut-off that is disappointing, as we all know....I will see what comes up and if I snag a set, I will post picts here. I have three Jeeps that require constant maint and attn and am in the midst of getting the JKUr front axle trussed and new bracketry added ( all Artec) and the '95 XJ just got lifted from it's original Upcountry suspension after 385,000 original miles so I am rebuilding it's top end and full servicing it's engine and cooling system ( plus other interior updates) so may be another few weeks before these could even be a reality due to all of this.

I should mention they appeal to me because many of the locations I wheel here in the South Eastern U.S. are not devoid of tree branches ( like the desert or NW with it's mud-less rocks and treeless valleys I am so jealous of!) so I have had to be creative in some form of protection from cedar limbs breaking the glass Delta housings on my H4 conversion Frankenstein headlighting. I good cedar branch smacking even destroyed the polymer OEM housing on my JKUr - thus the old-school guards-

so I like flat, sturdy lighting and these seem to fit that criteria as well. If the lighting is really yellow would be the only deterrent.

I really appreciate your information.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 08-30-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode