JRi Shocks Introduces BRAND NEW JEEP JK Shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JRi Shocks Introduces BRAND NEW JEEP JK Shocks

We're excited to broaden our offroad offerings with our all new shocks for the JEEP JK. With a long standing history in NASCAR, Indycar and virtually every other form of motorsports, we're excited to be getting back to the dirt where we cut our teeth!

Our new Jeep JK shocks offer 6 positions of adjustment including an industry first "highway" setting that features specific valving to make your ride on the highway all the more comfortable whether you're commuting to work or making your way to your favorite offroad location.

Instead of traditional rubber bushings that are prone to wearing out over time, we've included spherical bushings in the upper and lower mounts to provide more articulation and reduce vibration over direct frame mounted shocks.

Specs:

Retail price is $1700.

Join the conversation in our sponsored vendors section by clicking HERE

and you can always get more information on our website:
www.JRiShocks.com/JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-26-2015, 07:00 AM
Wheeler

WOW! That's more than my RK aluminum lift cost!
post #3 of 7 Old 04-27-2015, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajpr View Post
WOW! That's more than my RK aluminum lift cost!
We definitely know that our shocks are not for everyone. We offer a premium product that we believe is priced right for the performance and quality workmanship of the product. Not everyone is looking for, nor in need of, a high performance shock and we understand that.

We've received great reviews from users during our testing and even the limited feedback we've received since joining the forum in the last couple of weeks has been positive.

Thanks for checking us out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-28-2015, 08:49 AM
JKowners Vendor

Seems shock travel is short for the overall size, not having a specific JK style mount is hurting.

How do you get both rebound and compression adjustment with just 1 adjuster or is this just a compression adjuster?

How do spherical bushings reduce vibration over direct frame mounted shocks with bushings? FYI I haven't any issues with using spherical bushings at all.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Granite Guru

$1700 ummm ok... I figured maybe $150 each shock..
post #6 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Granite Guru

Don't know about your NASCAR or Indy products, but your H-D shocks have a great reputation on the Harley forums.... BUT (there's always a "but")

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc View Post
Seems shock travel is short for the overall size, not having a specific JK style mount is hurting.

How do you get both rebound and compression adjustment with just 1 adjuster or is this just a compression adjuster?

How do spherical bushings reduce vibration over direct frame mounted shocks with bushings? FYI I haven't any issues with using spherical bushings at all.
These are very valid questions for your entry into the JEEP world, I'm looking forward to the answers myself...

BTW, I don't see the price as being totally off base IF the product lives up to the price (hype)
post #7 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

lookit that thing , bass5money; it looks purty-enough to hang on the MOMA main exhibit hall. I would rephrase that as ,"We had HOPED for a $150.00 price tag but we got a much costlier shaft from JRI"

I. seriousness , I'm all for competitive product marketplace ( benefits the consumers) but this market is nearly Pwnd by KING racing , RK, Sway-a-way, Walker Evans or ICON all coming mighty close ( I didn't mention ORI-not really a shock in this sense but ok , it's a shock ) nor the other red anodized brand I can never remember the name of ever and I leave the MC SixPack out here for reasons you'll see shortly ... ) then you get those that jump for next tier of upper end shocks in the world most of us dwell within , Fox , Bilstein, Rancho and maybe there's a few more before you hit bottom at the skyjackers and mammoth and procomp crap....
what I am getting at is even the best shock you could have made won't be the huge smash you might hope for as a manufacturer because - and this is one jeep owners opinion - it's darn near the point of we have so many shocks to choose from that the technology dipped into experimental products being introduced , like the Metal Cloak 6 pack ; not saying it is anything but the best shock designable but to reLly be a difference maker in the shock market for JKs , I truly think the revolutionary game-changer cannot be the technology of the shock itself but the real revolution will be someone making a superb appropriate JK shock that is something someone that isn't professionally pre-racing or sponsored can afford yet yield incredible performance . I can buy KING Racing shocks and have them never need to be anything but rebuilt . I can get highway settings for those . I swear I think the metal cloak tour de force has the same type bushing end but I can't see how you can say it provides less noise or better articulation than a spherical bushing . If I want radical design I can get rock Krawler or Metal Cloak ...
My question from all of this is how much of that awesomeness that you have built ,within that georgeous and likely superb shock , can you cram into something such as what bass5money referenced & make a great shock that is $120-$130 bucks per ? That would be a great JK product that would be presented ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode