ROCK KRAWLER SUSPENSION PRO FLEX JOINTS REVEALED................... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

ROCK KRAWLER SUSPENSION PRO FLEX JOINTS REVEALED...................

To All

We are finally releasing information regarding our new Pro Flex Joints.

If you happen to see us at any shows or events, see any friends with them, be sure to check them out...

https://youtu.be/ukGa_GotDeg

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 03-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Wheeler

Great video...now I know what you look like :-)

When are they shipping?
post #3 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

They are shipping now!

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Rock God

very nice
post #5 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 01:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Looking good RK

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So then if i had a vendor in Austin, TX order me some rear lower control arms, they would have these joints preinstalled, or do i have to special order then that way?

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
So then if i had a vendor in Austin, TX order me some rear lower control arms, they would have these joints preinstalled, or do i have to special order then that way?
They would come with the Pro Flex Joints already installed...

RK
post #8 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC30 View Post
Great video...now I know what you look like :-)
Wow that was creepy. Lol

So Jeremy all the new control arms with pro flex joints are of aluminum construction?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #9 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 08:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice joint.

One thing I would do next time, state what these new joints do for the customer in the first 30 seconds of the video. Not many people will watch all three minutes just to find out what the new joint does for them.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #10 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Rock God

Awesome!

post #11 of 44 Old 03-23-2015, 10:49 PM
JKO Addict!

I ordered some new front lowers last Thursday from a certain Tx vendor.... Let's see which ones I get

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

Last edited by ockgator; 03-23-2015 at 10:54 PM.
post #12 of 44 Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Would the new pro flex joint work on both ends ?

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #13 of 44 Old 03-24-2015, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Would the new pro flex joint work on both ends ?

Based on their video, no. The RK lowers require a Krawler Joint on the axle end. Unless they make this in a threaded joint....

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #14 of 44 Old 03-24-2015, 06:51 AM
JKO Addict!

ROCK KRAWLER SUSPENSION PRO FLEX JOINTS REVEALED...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Based on their video, no. The RK lowers require a Krawler Joint on the axle end. Unless they make this in a threaded joint....

Assuming a threaded pro flex joint is offered. Maybe not the 70a but 90a on both ends.

post #15 of 44 Old 03-24-2015, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for the constructive feedback. We have a lot of new equipment which we have no idea how to use yet for video work. LOL...

The Pro Flex Joints are only used at the frame connections where they are tucked up out of the way and do not injest dirt and debris. Our Pro Krawler Joints are designed to take that abuse so we keep them at the axle connection. To us, it is not ideal to run out of misalignment at the axle connection and then have the arm change orientation. We would rather minimize that and have the arm only change orientation if it absolutely must... With our Krawler Joints at the axle, the axle must articulate past 30 degrees for the arm to need to change orientation which we feel is fairly impressive.

RK
post #16 of 44 Old 03-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Granite Guru

i just received a 2.5" max travel system on the 11th and it has the old joints. now i am sad i haven't even installed it yet.....
post #17 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Whom did you get it from? Not that the old bushings were an issue, but to the best of our knowledge all old inventory had been sold off.

RK
post #18 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 08:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm liking this design, does the new joint take oil or standard grease?

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #19 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 AM
JKO Addict!

I like how soft these feel.
Compared to the new Synergy joint in a vise .. I could hardly move it.

post #20 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
I'm liking this design, does the new joint take oil or standard grease?
Lite Duty Grease. They are tight like everything else we make...

RK
post #21 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Whom did you get it from? Not that the old bushings were an issue, but to the best of our knowledge all old inventory had been sold off.

RK
I got them from northridge4x4. I specifically asked if the joints on the parts were the newest. I was told yes everything was brand new. Have an email into the salesperson to see about having swapped out.
post #22 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
I got them from northridge4x4. I specifically asked if the joints on the parts were the newest. I was told yes everything was brand new. Have an email into the salesperson to see about having swapped out.
If you were told that by the Northridge staff I am sure they will stand by that if you call them or email David. They have been great with the things I have purchased and when I had a problem they went above and beyond.

I am interested in this situation because I ordered the 3.5 x factor system from them today and I asked the same question and was emailed back confirming it would be the new joints. I trust it will be the new joints since they also told me that Rock Krawler had a 15 business day lead time right now due to backlog. So now the waiting game and since they are newly built mine should be the new joints.

2014 JKUR Anvil--Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor with Synergy TieRod/High Steer Flip Drag Link. 35" BFG KO2
2006 TJ Rubi Solar Yellow---Retired
post #23 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADay73 View Post

If you were told that by the Northridge staff I am sure they will stand by that if you call them or email David. They have been great with the things I have purchased and when I had a problem they went above and beyond.

I am interested in this situation because I ordered the 3.5 x factor system from them today and I asked the same question and was emailed back confirming it would be the new joints. I trust it will be the new joints since they also told me that Rock Krawler had a 15 business day lead time right now due to backlog. So now the waiting game and since they are newly built mine should be the new joints.
I am trusting they will get it sorted. I have been dealing with Eric. He has been really great to deal with. He said it shouldn't be a problem getting them switched just may take 2-3 weeks depending on getting the new ones from Rock Krawler.

I think its a great addition to their already great product. Can't wait to get everything installed... I would have had everything installed already but I was hit the day the last boxes were delivered.... Now looks like I'm going to be getting new metalcloak fenders and rocker guards. Guess everything happens for a reason.....
post #24 of 44 Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Granite Guru

RK...will these work om my TeraFlex 4" lcg control arms?
I'm due for a rebuild and think this is a great direction to go.
Thx!
post #25 of 44 Old 03-26-2015, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunchytaco View Post
RK...will these work om my TeraFlex 4" lcg control arms?
I'm due for a rebuild and think this is a great direction to go.
Thx!
If you cut off the Tera Bushing end and weld this in place, yes...

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode