Kudos to Bond @ Outlaw Offroad - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
FUN LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Age: 37
Posts: 1,986
Feedback: 0 reviews
Kudos to Bond @ Outlaw Offroad

Just wanted to drop a more visible thank you to Bond @ Outlaw Offroad. He spend a good portion of his time (including his lunch break) with me walking around his shop and answering my 101 questions.

I had posted my thread regarding what it would take to do a 2wd-4wd conversion and he shot me a personal PM and invitation to come down to his shop. Proof that forum sponsorships do work.

My goal is to take a bone stock 2WD 4 door and turn it into a decent rig - he was ready to go with great advice, tips, tricks, and suggestions. As proof of his business ethic and professionalism he actually saved me potential wasted money on parts or mods I might not need when he could have just easily talked me into them.

His showroom and build room are both top notch. All the customer rigs were housed, clean, and looked great.

As a credit to himself, he's loaded with JK knowledge and I think everyone would do good to give him a call.

www.outlawoffroad.com
Outlaw Offroad
27061 Burbank
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
949-581-5001

I'm excited to get his estimate on what it'd take to get my future JK to the mod level I feel confident with.

Again, thanks Bond!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
FUN LS1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Rock God
 
jacktuttle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 63
Posts: 1,453
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Exclamation JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
Just wanted to drop a more visible thank you to Bond @ Outlaw Offroad. He spend a good portion of his time (including his lunch break) with me walking around his shop and answering my 101 questions.

I had posted my thread regarding what it would take to do a 2wd-4wd conversion and he shot me a personal PM and invitation to come down to his shop. Proof that forum sponsorships do work.

My goal is to take a bone stock 2WD 4 door and turn it into a decent rig - he was ready to go with great advice, tips, tricks, and suggestions. As proof of his business ethic and professionalism he actually saved me potential wasted money on parts or mods I might not need when he could have just easily talked me into them.

His showroom and build room are both top notch. All the customer rigs were housed, clean, and looked great.

As a credit to himself, he's loaded with JK knowledge and I think everyone would do good to give him a call.

www.outlawoffroad.com
Outlaw Offroad
27061 Burbank
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
949-581-5001

I'm excited to get his estimate on what it'd take to get my future JK to the mod level I feel confident with.

Again, thanks Bond!
Just remember that JEEP stands for:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
jacktuttle is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
FUN LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Costa Mesa
Age: 37
Posts: 1,986
Feedback: 0 reviews

Oh don't worry I know.

We did this to a bone stock 1981 CJ5



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
FUN LS1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 05-29-2009, 08:12 AM
JKO Addict!
 
MR LIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rancho Mission Viejo, Ca
Age: 56
Posts: 2,274
Feedback: 0 reviews

Yah, Bond and Outlaw Offroad are great. They'll tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it. They've done wonders for me, and still are.

JKUS Sort of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MR LIKA is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Yah, Bond and Outlaw Offroad are great. They'll tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it. They've done wonders for me, and still are.

They'll tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it.

In regards to this comment, he has done large shows and while putting the Summerfest 2009 he came up to us and offered his opinion and helped us in getting the word out for our event,

His shop is top notch and his staff is also the same.

Great job Bond

Last edited by PUDDLZ; 05-29-2009 at 08:31 AM.
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 05-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Granite Guru
 
Lensman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Corona, Ca
Posts: 323
Feedback: 0 reviews

I will go here first for my next upgrades!!!!!!!!!

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
Lensman is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Granite Guru
 
007JEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: We Supply the USA
Posts: 430
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
They'll tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it.

In regards to this comment, he has done large shows and while putting the Summerfest 2009 he came up to us and offered his opinion and helped us in getting the word out for our event,

His shop is top notch and his staff is also the same.

Great job Bond
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate both the props and the business.

You mean there is another way to tell it other than the truth. !!!

Do some shops really do it another way? Hummm...

Word of mouth still accounts for over 95% of our business.

Once again,

Thanks and Cheers

Bond

Outlaw Offroad.
(It's a Jeep thing and we do understand)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Supply the USA. Jeep BUILDER and Online JK Store.
007JEEP is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Granite Guru
 
XISophos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Arkansas
Age: 47
Posts: 167
Feedback: 0 reviews

Wished you guys were a bit closer to Arkansas.
XISophos is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 03:31 PM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JEEP View Post
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate both the props and the business.

You mean there is another way to tell it other than the truth. !!!

Do some shops really do it another way? Hummm...

Word of mouth still accounts for over 95% of our business.

Once again,

Thanks and Cheers

Bond

Outlaw Offroad.
(It's a Jeep thing and we do understand)
Sending over another JK tomorrow morning
-T- is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
JKO Addict!
 
MR LIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rancho Mission Viejo, Ca
Age: 56
Posts: 2,274
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Sending over another JK tomorrow morning
That's nice of you -T-, I'll have to think of something else to buff for you

JKUS Sort of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MR LIKA is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
That's nice of you -T-, I'll have to think of something else to buff for you
Goofball! And yes I did mention your name so any of your parts that you would like to cast off (i.e. 4to1 transfer case) I would love instead of the buffing of body parts
-T- is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
JKO Addict!
 
MR LIKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rancho Mission Viejo, Ca
Age: 56
Posts: 2,274
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Goofball! And yes I did mention your name so any of your parts that you would like to cast off (i.e. 4to1 transfer case) I would love instead of the buffing of body parts
Ok, my next upgrade you get sloppy seconds:

JKUS Sort of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MR LIKA is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Goofball! And yes I did mention your name so any of your parts that you would like to cast off (i.e. 4to1 transfer case) I would love instead of the buffing of body parts
I heard some Black 2 door JK got ruptured on a trail and is in need of some tires, maybe we can all step up and help out a sister in need.
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Ok, my next upgrade you get sloppy seconds:
yipee!!!! See what no lockers can do for a girl on Mottino Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
I heard some Black 2 door JK got ruptured on a trail and is in need of some tires, maybe we can all step up and help out a sister in need.
Actually I'm a little ghetto but I'm all good now Thanks for offering.
-T- is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Granite Guru
 
007JEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: We Supply the USA
Posts: 430
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Sending over another JK tomorrow morning
I have a few errands to run in the AM but I should be there by 9:30


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Supply the USA. Jeep BUILDER and Online JK Store.
007JEEP is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JEEP View Post
I have a few errands to run in the AM but I should be there by 9:30
Thanks Its my bosses Jeep, I talked to Sean today and it'll be dropped off in the morning.
-T- is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Granite Guru
 
007JEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: We Supply the USA
Posts: 430
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Thanks Its my bosses Jeep, I talked to Sean today and it'll be dropped off in the morning.
I met your boss yesterday afternoon. Seems to be a very nice guy. Hope he likes his JEEP.

Now get'em out there wheel'in!!!

Cheers, and thanks for the business.

Bond


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Supply the USA. Jeep BUILDER and Online JK Store.
007JEEP is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JEEP View Post
I met your boss yesterday afternoon. Seems to be a very nice guy. Hope he likes his JEEP.

Now get'em out there wheel'in!!!

Cheers, and thanks for the business.

Bond
Hey Bond! Jeep looks great, now I just need to convince the boss to get bigger tires for his and then gears for mine You guys did a great job, he is very happy.

I'm bummed because he took his secretary there to pick it up and I didnt get to meet you all.......hopefully sometime soon
-T- is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Hey Bond! Jeep looks great, now I just need to convince the boss to get bigger tires for his and then gears for mine You guys did a great job, he is very happy.

I'm bummed because he took his secretary there to pick it up and I didnt get to meet you all.......hopefully sometime soon
WORTHLESS WITH OUT PICS

IT NEVER HAPPENED
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
WORTHLESS WITH OUT PICS

IT NEVER HAPPENED
Aww come on, have you not ever seen a Jeep with a lift? I should take a picture of his next to mine. Amazing I've had mine two years this month and I said when I bought I'd never go on dirt.......
-T- is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Aww come on, have you not ever seen a Jeep with a lift? I should take a picture of his next to mine. Amazing I've had mine two years this month and I said when I bought I'd never go on dirt.......
Jamezz has a stocker and goes every where
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

What lift did he go with and how high ???
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
-T-
Rock God
 
-T-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 854
Feedback: 0 reviews

He got the Teraflex 2.5 coils. It looks A LOT better, not so soccer mom like, but if he got new beefier tires is would awesome. I want to take him up to Big Bear and get him out. He thinks I'm afraid of getting my Jeep scratched up, guess he hasnt seen it lately.....
-T- is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
He got the Teraflex 2.5 coils. It looks A LOT better, not so soccer mom like, but if he got new beefier tires is would awesome. I want to take him up to Big Bear and get him out. He thinks I'm afraid of getting my Jeep scratched up, guess he hasnt seen it lately.....
I just got my tube doors, Hansen helped me assemble them, for that reason now I won't worry about damage as bad, also tell your boss we have a bunch of great items to be drawn off @ the Summerfest , p.s. we will miss you @ the event.
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Age: 52
Posts: 2,863
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
I just got my tube doors, Hansen helped me assemble them, for that reason now I won't worry about damage as bad, also tell your boss we have a bunch of great items to be drawn off @ the Summerfest , p.s. we will miss you @ the event.
I wish I had tube doors this last weekend. I ran over a couple of logs on the trail up at Big Bear and they kicked up and smacked my doors. No dents but they got scuffed pretty good. I'm sure I could buff them out, but I'm lazy.

BTW, which James where you referring to? The one I know recently got his lifted (or will be very shortly).

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Ogie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome