The RESCUED list! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to VEGASSMAN Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASSMAN
The RESCUED list!

Mods should sticky this one...

Who have you rescued so far and what was your setup then?

My list on 2" BB Sahara with 35's, stock mechanicals, and swaybars connected:

1) XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 33's
2) Chevy Silverado (2wd) (had to pull him out of the sand today...then an hour later, tow him up a hill - he literally was trying for an hour to get up, and I felt bad just going around him)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Banned

Too many to list...

Stand outs include:

1. Ford Taurus in the middle of sugar sand hell (I have NO IDEA how he got that far out) in the middle of Ocala national forest. All I did was winch him out and he hauled ass off by himself after that.

2. Work Van stuck in the back of a private property orange grove. I think he was doing drugs and was damn lucky it was my buddy's grove and I was allowed to be there.

3. 2 rich kids in a beamer on Daytona beach who offered me $20 to pull them out. I did, then refused the $20. A minute later my son was asking for ice cream and I realized I had no cash. I caught up w/ Mr Beamer and they bought us Icecream and gave us the change.

My setup on all 3 of those was 5" skyjacker lift w/ 37" PJs.

post #3 of 20 Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Rock God

I won’t count on the trail recoveries

OLD JK X - 2.5" BB, 35's, Mile Marker SI9500 winch
1. At a multi-use park I winched a kid who tried to drive through a ditch in his Silverado and his friends F250 couldn't pull him out.
2. Winched 2 or 3 times to get a 2wd F150 out of a person’s backyard. He was doing landscape work, several days of rain... nasty

New JK Rubicon - 2.5" BB
1. Pulled a Silverado on 22's out of the sand on Daytona Beach and pulled the 4wd Tacoma out who got stuck trying to pull out the Silverado

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Wheeler

I yanked out a patriot that was on a test drive. Guy was very gracious. I was basically stock then.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Granite Guru

No real recoveries.. but I did pull a Neon out of a ditch

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
post #6 of 20 Old 05-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Rock God

Isuzu Rodeo out of a deep rut he was high centerd on @ Prarie City OHV.

Bronco on street tires in the mud @ Prarie City OHV

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #7 of 20 Old 05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Granite Guru

Not too many in the JK.

A F350 4WD stuck in mud on what were basically street tires (long trail TA's or something like that), Warn M8000 pulled him right out with the snatch block.

A F250 4WD crew cab stuck (high centered) on an uphill part of the trail. He wanted me to pull him back down, but I said "heck no, this is the only hard part of the whole trail, it's a piece of cake after this".
Told him I was going off the trail around the trees and uphill over the rocks to get in front of him. They said I'd never make it, but with the Toyos at 9 psi and the rear locker engaged in 4LO, I just went right up and over them in 2 minutes, must have picked a pretty good line 'cause I didn't scrape anything.
The Warn 8000 with ARB snatch block and a tree saver wrapped around his bumper pulled him right up.

A 83 350ci Jeep with broken front u-joint in some mud. Used the tow strap, put her in 4LO and didn't even touch the gas in 1st. I think he could've easily gotten out on his own, but he wanted to make sure he didn't screw anything else up. My spare 1310 u-joint replaced his perfectly, thank goodness for a can of WD40 and the CO2 tank to clean everything up.

A State Highway Patrol Dodge Charger, high centered with 1 rear wheel in a ditch. Quick little yank in 4HI, it was raining and the other patrol vehicles couldn't get him out, with the ARB snatch strap and he was back on the road.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I made only one rescue and it was a few years ago with my Liberty. A woman got her VW Beetle stuck in the middle of my street in iced tire ruts while backing out of her driveway. She had been sitting there almost 2 hours that morning until I came along and tugged her out.

Not much chance of rescuing in a city where it rarely snows.

MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Rock God

A fed-ex truck that slid down our road backwards due to ice buildup.

smittybuilt 8000lb winch w synthetic line and a BB with 33" tires (not that it matters)
post #10 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Rock God

This one was fun

Plenty others...

BIG RED JEEP

post #11 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

got all of these were done with the setup I have now except with 33's instead of 35's.

A F-250 Stuck in the mud to the FRAME. that one was tough.

This guy....

and this guy...

stuck here....

and last but not least...(sorry Mark, HAD to do it!) at least he used his own winch! (his 1st time stuck!)

stuck here...( WORSE THAN IT LOOKS)

And me doin the work!
post #12 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Rock God

Garage
Talking My Best

My best rescue was a family in a stock Toyota SUV that we found on a side trail in Big Bear on Christmas Eve. They were on street tires with a set of cheap cables for the rear tires and way off the main trail. They said they had been trying to dig out for 4 hours when we found them. Had to use chains and lockers to pull them back to a plowed road. I have no idea how they got that far onto a snowy trail in the little SUV! They were sure happy to see the main road!!!

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #13 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Rock God

Yeah, yeah you did all the work.
Bo helped you..

I had to get this guy

and this one

and this one (first time using winch)

and this one 2 times here

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #14 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Mark, that last guy you should have left in there!
post #15 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Mark, that last guy you should have left in there!

Too bad I didn't have a pic of the sticker

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #16 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Way to many recoveries to list but I thought you guys would get a kick out of this one.

Last edited by Moose512; 05-26-2009 at 08:38 PM.
post #17 of 20 Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Rock God

Dumb ass sticker did it...
post #18 of 20 Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Granite Guru

1 idiot 3 different vehicles (former friend)
First: 98 xj sport stuck on beach
second: 2007 Dodge 2500 4 Dr. diesel long bed Stuck on the beach outter banks. Got stuck, dug it out. Buried it deeper by flooring it. (in the same hole) Tide coming in water filling all around it.(which helped) Long story short after a bunch of **** i pulled him out. I need a WINCH!!
Third: Izusu box truck stuck 300 ft away from any hard surface left rut 10 inches deep and from point A to B. About 300ft worth

The rest was normal trail hang ups
post #19 of 20 Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Wheeler

Only one so far with my stock X. Two kids playing in the snow off Rampart Range road this winter in their piece of crap car. They had been there for a couple of hours trying to dig out. Lucky I had a tow strap. Took like 5 minutes to hook up and and pull them out of there. It was getting late and they didn't even have jackets. Had kept the car idling to stay warm. Hopefully they learned something but I doubt it!
post #20 of 20 Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

lots of them
but most recent was 2 girls on their way to a party in a hyundai car stuck in the sugar sand
quick tug with a strap had them out

winched my dad on his kubota tractor out several times trying to mow around a pond

Funniest was at the car show where we were crushing a nova, one of the guys found out that the width of the car is exactly the distance between leaf spring mounts on his built YJ when he tried to go all the way over sideways monster truck style.
When we tried to pull him off, it drug the car and the YJ across the parking lot! Took 3 of us, me and another JK parking on the hood and trunk of the nova to hold it still and a CJ tugging the YJ off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode