OME 4.5 Lift / Help With Lift Selection - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy
Exclamation OME 4.5 Lift / Help With Lift Selection

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 09 Jeep Wrangler X -

My first Jeep! I am pretty new to the Jeep Scene (so be nice)

I do have a lifted Dakota with a Hemi :P

Anyway -

I want to lift it and I have been trying to find the best Suspension lift for me, It is my Daily Driver but I do want to be able to just turn off the road and keep going!

I was looking into the Rough Country 4 Inch lift and the "The RockFather". (http://www.rocky-road.com/jkrockfather.html) (not trying to point to another seller, this is the only place i have found this lift)

I have a little one on way so ride quality matters somewhat, after alot of reading here I noticed the Rough Country lift is Rough riding but it seems to be a little bit cheaper.. Than alot of reviews that I have seen on the internet and a few magazines point to this OME lift for overall comfort and off-road ability.

What I am trying to achieve is a decent DD with that "oh look a trail" and be able to go at it! I want to be able to run 35s for sure, Tired of my 33s on my Dakota (BFG M/T)

Does anyone have any other recommendations and or opinions....?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ouch... No one

bump...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Granite Guru

Check out AEV's suspension system. I have their 3.5" premium, and the on road handling is incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Rock God

you might also want to check out Rusty's 3.25 in system...its not as nice as the AEV, but if its anything like my 2" lift, it rides great, and is super flexy...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #5 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Rock God

If I had the money to buy the AEV kit I'd rather spend it on a Rubicon Express 3.5 Super Flex. Go to Red Rock 4x4 and purchase the kit with shocks included with free shipping. They have REALLY good customer service and my Rubicon Express kit turned my JK into another vehicle all together. I use to have the OME kit and it was extremely rough compared to this RE kit. The Bilstien shocks ride great and RE puts alot of work into making sure your handling characteristics will be better and safer than stock.

07 Rescue Green Unlimited
Upcoming projects - Much needed TLC
post #6 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Jong Il View Post
If I had the money to buy the AEV kit I'd rather spend it on a Rubicon Express 3.5 Super Flex. Go to Red Rock 4x4 and purchase the kit with shocks included with free shipping. They have REALLY good customer service and my Rubicon Express kit turned my JK into another vehicle all together. I use to have the OME kit and it was extremely rough compared to this RE kit. The Bilstien shocks ride great and RE puts alot of work into making sure your handling characteristics will be better and safer than stock.
.. Yea it comes down to the money, I'll look into the RE 3.5 Super flex kit, depending on the cash.

the AEV kit is more than I planned on spending, I want to do it right the first time and not keep changing everything out.. It seems like I Should just keep saving than.

post #7 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Wheeler

I run the OME HD lift and love it...no DW or BS at all.

NRA Lifetime member
It takes a special kind of stupid to think criminals will follow gun laws...

08 JK Red - NV241OR Tcase, Ripp GenII, 3"OME lift and Nitrocharger shocks, JKS F/R adj trackbars, Rockrawler UF adj CAs, Teraflex UR adj CAs, Ruggid Ridge Modular front bumper with M8000, Olympic rock rails and rear bumper, BFG KMs
post #8 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

I run the OME lift and it's very good. At ramp day, if flexed better than most of the 4" lifts.

The problem that you'll run into is with 35" tires. The OME lift does not use bump stop extensions, so 35's will rub. I'm just about to put 35's on and am going to have to figure something out. I do not know if a fender trim will fix the problem. I'm going to add 3/4" spacers on the front and 3/4" bump stop extensions.

Good cushy ride. Congratulations on the baby and don't worry about them and the ride. They hang a lot better than you imagine. Somewhere around here, I have a picture of my 7 month old daughter on Jack Hammer.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
post #9 of 9 Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yea i was reading that it flexes really good.

Thanks, I am looking forward to it!

hmm i could stick with the 33s but I really wanted to run 35s..why I have no idea, i think to have bigger tires than my Gfs Dad and his Jeep.. haha

Let me know how the spacer's work out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode