09 JK Popping out of 1st gear - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

09 JK Popping out of 1st gear

So in the last few weeks my 09 JK has been popping out of 1st gear, during take off from stops between 10 and 15 mph. as you may think makes a great noise and rattles the whole freaking vehicle. This past week I had my wife drop the jeep off at a local dealer this event actually took place while she was pulling into the dealership drive thur it happened.

The dealer locaed in northern Kentucky says this is not happeneing and that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I love the NPF commitment for the dealer. So I am askeing has this happened to any of you?

Vehicle stats 09 X 6 speed. rubi bfg shocks and springs. no other mods.

the dealer did put 7 miles on it and I have had a previous 5 speed. and manual transmission vehicles for 10 years..

they seem to think I do not know how to drive a stick lol....

again thanks,
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 01:23 PM
qqq
Wheeler

they know

the probleme is the shifter boots the one underneat the consol , the ruber boot is to thick, jeep dealer have receive a note about that, a jeep employes toll me they cut mine ok now?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqq View Post
the probleme is the shifter boots the one underneat the consol , the ruber boot is to thick, jeep dealer have receive a note about that, a jeep employes toll me they cut mine ok now?
Probably the case, I did not have any issues when I was stock but when I had a 1" body lift installed I had that issue with 2nd and reverse. I cut the inner boot a little and after a little break in the problem was resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

YES.

This has happened to me three times in the past 2 weeks Its like there is something blocking the shifter from getting it all the way into gear, then POW - WTF??!!??

Post back if you get this solved.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Granite Guru

07 JK 6 speed and yes it has happened to me. Mine seems to only occur when I first get started (in the morning) and only happens once like it is cold or something. It may only happen once because it really pisses me off and then I make sure it is in gear fully. The boot thing sounds viable if it happened all the time, but not sure I believe it yet. Got to take a look.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-27-2009, 05:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

Easy test: If it happens when cold, simply pull back to second and shove it forward to first, and you should be golden- it could simply be that the synchro rings aren't lined up, and are blocking your entry into first gear Try it. If it fixes it, I accept payment in cash and beer
If that doesn't fix it, try adjusting/cutting the boot as necessary- another easy test there is to fully remove the boot and see what happens.
If THAT doesn't fix it, you may have a physical synchro or gear issue, and THAT needs to be checked out ASAP- Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode