Poly Performance or TeraFlex?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 05-20-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Poly Performance or TeraFlex??

I'm looking at both kits and was wondering what everyone thought about the two, pros and cons. I think that I want to stick to 35's for now but want plenty of room to stuff the tires. The JK is my daily driver so it has to have good pavement manners as well as plenty of flex. So if you all can give me your .02 cents that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Rock God

Ok ill start.

They both are vendors here. And they both have great customer service. I say it will come down to what kind of ride you want.
You cant go wrong with any of them. I have friends with Teraflex, it handles as good off road as on highway. easy installation and good instructions. Im pretty sure that Carl will take care of you.
I got some Polyperformance parts and the quality is just outstanding. Stout as they can be. For me they are top notch, no doubt. I myself started saving for when i get ready to do my real lift.

I am more leaned to Polyperformance. Just for the quality and engineering involved on the construction off all their parts. Like i say it will be what u want it to be. If you got the $ go Poly if you are in a budget go Tera.

JKOutcast Member
post #3 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Granite Guru

Not running either company's lifts at the moment. So this is opinion over first-hand experience.

Have some TF quick discos and they're well done.

Personally planning on buying the TF 4" LA kit. Mostly due to the fact that I want to run EVO's coil-over kits and they've fitted their equipment with that setup.

Read some good reviews of PP and don't think you'd be wrong going that direction though.

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll echo what sn4cktime said and say I'm hopin' to be able to run EVO coil overs at some point in my JK's life. That being said, I'm going to probably go with the TF 4" kit and just start off with front lower/rear upper flexarms right off the bat.

Still haven't decided on 35 or 37's, but with the 4", my options will be open to either.

Good luck. From what I've read you can't go wrong with either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Wheeler

I'm running Poly Performance (see my sig). Here's some pics:

2007 4 door Rubicon
3" Poly Performance Synergy II lift (more like a 5 inch lift)
35" MTZ running 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic II's
post #6 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I run both, sort of LOL. Tera control arms, Poly steering, springs, shocks, etc... All great stuff!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #7 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Rock God

A good buddy of mine runs a 2.5" TF spring kit and loves it, IMO really good stuff.
I don't know anything bout Polly, so I can't say.
post #8 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 04:04 PM

I think our customers here can give you feedback on their own experiences, but feel free to give us a call if you have any specific questions about our kits and options!
post #9 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Rock God

the ease of adjustment of the poly arms should be a clear winner

i personally have Clayton's Arms, and love them, definitely the strongest out there, but having to remove them 20 times to adjust pinion and caster has beme goind mad...whereas if i had poly arms it would be much much easier to adjust them
post #10 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn4cktime View Post
Personally planning on buying the TF 4" LA kit. Mostly due to the fact that I want to run EVO's coil-over kits and they've fitted their equipment with that setup.
If you are all hung up on our stuff cause of the coil over thing, don't trip. We will have that stuff available at some point. Don't you guys remeber who the OG's of coil over stuff on TJ's were....?

Go check the April 2004 issue of 4 wheel Drive Sport Utility.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
the ease of adjustment of the poly arms should be a clear winner
The adjuster sleeves we use on our control arms are now available as stand alone units for home fabricators that want the same ease of adjustability on their set ups.

post #12 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Alec W

Iíve run a poly lift for 18 months, given it a decent work out and it runs like new. Iíve never read about anyone who regretted putting any of their stuff on their JK. Donít underestimate the ability to tweak their control arm lengths while in-place, it saves a lot of time.
post #13 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Alec W

Iíve had people stop me on the trails in Moab after watching how well my suspension works to ask me who made it. Granted some of that is my fox shocks, but itís really the overall package and how will it all works together. It just works.
post #14 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Rock God

I have a Teraflex Long Arm with coilovers on my wifes jeep.

I have a Teraflex BB on my jeep.

I have a Teraflex short arm on my old TJ.

No complaints about any of them. I would be unlikely to change. As far as adjusting pinion angle goes, you only do this when you change lift height--not a frequent project.

post #15 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
I have a Teraflex Long Arm with coilovers on my wifes jeep.

No complaints about any of them. I would be unlikely to change. As far as adjusting pinion angle goes, you only do this when you change lift height--not a frequent project.
Your wifes jeep looks a hell of a lot like ctimruns jeep. - guess that's cause it was his...can't believe he sold it.

Jason

Last edited by SDMF; 05-21-2009 at 05:55 PM.
post #16 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Your wifes jeep looks a hell of a lot like ctimruns jeep. - guess that's cause it was his...can't believe he sold it.
Bought it for her 4 weeks ago.

13 months old with 1600 miles on it.

He never used it, and it was taking up garage/parking space he needed because both daughters will have their own cars soon. He needed 4 parking spaces, plus room for other toys. He has several other hobbies and family activities that always seemed to push out wheeling. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.

He still has his wife's Unlimited Sahara.

I have moved the WE beadlocks to my 2dr and the Cragars to the 4dr for the softer ride of the load range C tires. More modifications to come.

Last edited by planman; 05-21-2009 at 06:20 PM.
post #17 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Rock God

I'm running the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with 35's on mine. I can't say enough about the TF quality and support.

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #18 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
Bought it for her 4 weeks ago.

13 months old with 1600 miles on it.

He never used it, and it was taking up garage/parking space he needed because both daughters will have their own cars soon. He needed 4 parking spaces, plus room for other toys. He has several other hobbies and family activities that always seemed to push out wheeling. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.

He still has his wife's Unlimited Sahara.

I have moved the WE beadlocks to my 2dr and the Cragars to the 4dr for the softer ride of the load range C tires. More modifications to come.
Yeah, that Jeep was at my house a couple hours after he bought it.

Jason
post #19 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Wheeler

Here's mine.

:

1-888-837-2359 ext 308 Joe

post #20 of 23 Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I want to thank all of you that have posted on here it has helped me make my choice. I think that I'm going to go with the 3" Poly kit with 35 KM2's on Allied beadlocks. Does anybody have any pics of that setup or anything close. Thanks again for all of your help.
post #21 of 23 Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Rock God

Poly vs Tera is about like asking manual vs auto or hardtop vs soft.... Both are great and people like each for different reasons. Either way you cant go wrong

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #22 of 23 Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Granite Guru

I vote for TeraFlex. I love my setup and can't complain about anything after several good trips out to test the gear. Very happy. Good Luck with your choice.

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
post #23 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 AM
JKO Addict!

I recently went through this same process and eventually opted for TF based upon specs and word of mouth customer support rep. I opted for a full arm 4" kit w/3" springs w/35s (4" kit gives me the stuff to bump to 37s later on), TF driveshafts and so far a very cool TF Rockguard front bumper. Will definitely go with their rear one, too. TFs' Carl provided great help both here on the Forum and on the phone as I put the system together, and TF's shipping time was unbeatable. Component quality is excellent and the net-net ride & handling is better than stock. It actually factors out at a 4" lift, even with the weight of the bumper & winch.

My only minor gripes were that the instructions could have been a bit more detailed (torque specs., sequencing) and a bit of concern over their brake lines and rear way bar links. However, compared to some of the other mfrs' TJ kits I've put on this one was a breeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode