convince me to keep the JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

convince me to keep the JK

I have been trying to sell the JK for some time now, just feel like i made a mistake buying it. I got it because my TJ broke down and i was chasing the problem for weeks and couldn't get it running right. I needed a daily driver so i bit the bullet and got the JK after looking an an a few older TJs that had been poorly advertized and beat to hell and i didnt want to inherit someone elses problem.

Bought it new and drove it for about a month I liked it for awhile. Finially fixed my TJ and i have been driving that ever since while the JK has been sitting in the garage. It has an extended warranty and the lifetime powertrain warranty, it looks good, i did some upgrades. I dont like the tin foil thin body, and the lack of power, i feel like my 4 cyl 5-speed tj has more pep honestly and thats saying alot for anyone who has ever owned one. I also wish i could have gotten a manual but the dealer said they had none on the lot. Its also the rubicon unlimited edition but i just cant get excited about it and thats sad because my dream jeep has always been a rubicon. Also monthly payments and increased insurance as a result leaves a sour taste in my mouth but i knew i was going to have that going in. I got mine and a week later employee pricing started and people posted about getting new jeeps for 23 grand which only makes me want to get rid of it even more. Can anyone help me get excited about this jeep!

Thanks in advance.

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited
ARB Rock Bar
2-inch front spacers
Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Rock God

sounds like you need to get rid of it to me... If you don't walk out the door and think thats a great jeep then you should attempt to sell it and she focus on your TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #3 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Granite Guru

I am sorry I don't think there has been any posting about a brand new Unlimited Rubicon going for 23... I got a HELL of a deal on my 6 speed 4 DR Rubicon, well below the dealers invoice and it came in at 27,500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

Well honestly I have never owned a Jeep prior to my JK, but before that I was just driving around this little 4cy subaru. I gotta tell you... no vehical has ever made me feel like such a bad ass when I cruise around... Its similar to that feeling that you got when you got your first set of wheels in highschool and KNEW you were on top of the world. Granted the V6 could have a little more pep, but being geared the way it is, I don't think theres a huge issue of nessecity. After all the research I had done before the purchase, (just personally) for a majority of the things I am going to use the Jeep for, I would much rather have the 'creature comforts' avalible in the JKs.
But having said all that I agree with the comment a few spots up. If you walk outside and not excited to drive your Jeep... get rid of it. Thats what I did with that subaru (as I only had it for 6 months). Its not fun having to pay for a car that doesn't get you going and keep you excited.

I know its not to helpful as far as technical information goes. But just my 2 cents from a personal view. Luck to you, whatever you do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TAKE YOUR TOP OFF!! of the jeep

~Z~

'08 Wrangler Sahara (Green)
-Hella driving lights (x2)
-Flowmaster 40 series
-AEM Intake system
-A need for more!!!
post #5 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I am sorry I don't think there has been any posting about a brand new Unlimited Rubicon going for 23... I got a HELL of a deal on my 6 speed 4 DR Rubicon, well below the dealers invoice and it came in at 27,500.
Yeah thats what i said but this guy on jeepsunlimited claims to have gotten his for 23 brand new. Post #6 after you click the link.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=499592

And this guy PMed me over there saying I was asking too much for it and that he could get a new one for 26 out the door at the dealer.

I agree with you guys on trying to sell but im already asking almsot 2 grand below KBB and well below what i owe. Everyone tells me im still asking too much but i cant afford to ask much less. I just feel stuck here and i dont want to drive it and run up the miles. Then everyone will be saying that there is too many miles on it or something.

ARB Rock Bar
2-inch front spacers
Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch.
post #6 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Alec W

Whenever I read threads with this type of title I recommend that people sell and move on.

Bye!
post #7 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Granite Guru

Attachment 8136

Dude, you are whinning about having a nice Jeep. The only one that is going to excite you about your Jeep is YOU! Sounds like you have already made up your mind! Sell it and move on.

2014 2 Door Red Rubicon.

Bone stock except for a Spiderwebshade Safari Top.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-12-2010 at 08:58 AM.
post #8 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to NorthGAX Send a message via Yahoo to NorthGAX

I agree with you Alec. An Unlimited Rubicon is a pretty tricked out Jeep, and if that does not excite you over the TJ then sell it and put the money into the TJ.

Love you brother and you will always be my hero!

post #9 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Like the green lantern there this is our first Jeep also so I don't really have anything to compare to. After almost two years stillwhen I see it. You could always park the TJ for a while and see if it grows on you. But I have to agree with 'jerm. If it doesn't put that smile on your face I'd let it go.

The right buyer should come along. There is always someone telling you that you're asking too much. Just don't sell it to them And don't fret over what someone in Atlanta bought one for. Your area is probably different any way.

Best of luck on your decision.
GK

BTW glad you got the TJ fixed.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #10 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Rock God

wouldnt u be taking a huge loss if you were to sell it now since they have employee pricing now?
also the life time powertrain warrenty isnt transferable
post #11 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Rock God

Sell the tj, buy a lift wheels and tires for the jk and go wheel it!!! If you still dont like it, well trade it in on a civic

.[___]

(OllllllO)
{}--o{}
post #12 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Garage

You made an impulse buy and now you regret it.

You now can not ever be happy with it because of the resentment you harbor about the purchase.

BTW.. I will buy all the brand new Rubi's you can find for 23k.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #13 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax22 View Post
convince me to keep the JK
No.

If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. Sell it.

Everyone's different. I had an '07 Xterra before my JK. It had gobs more power, handled better, got better mileage, was built 10 times better, was cheaper, and could still take a relative pounding and did well off-road. Yet I prefer my JK. There's no accounting for taste and preference.

And I'm afraid the stories are true. I was offered a base 2-dr Rubi for just a shade over 24k, and I paid 26k even for mine with the hard top and Navi. I personally wouldn't have gone near a Rubi at the sticker price. Let's face it, for the platform technology, content, quality, and plastic fantastic, Wranglers are WAY over priced. What I paid is what I feel they should cost.
post #14 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have owned many jeeps, xj's, zj's, tj's, and never regreted them, I honestly cannot figure out what it is about this jeep i cant get into, maybe a case of impulse but i cant even say that because i looked for a month while i chased electrical gremlins in my current tj which was not running and had to borrow a car from my brother to get to and from work. I looked at many different TJ's that were all beat to hell and figured that it was the next logical step was to go to a JK having owned the others in the past. I got the rubicon because i had always wanted one and the rest of the story is in the first post.

I would love to wheel it but i feel like it would not be up to the challenge. I have a friend with an 08 rubicon that he bought a couple of moths ago strictly to wheel and already he has burnt up his tranny and bent both axles, shafts and housings. Granted he is very rough on his jeep but i just dont think i would want to wheel this the way i would want to even though i am sure many of you do without any problems. Besides i already have a rig for that and this was meant to be more of a daily driver. Im not bad mouthing the jk by any means and i agree with all of your advice. I do need to sell it and move on all that money could be better spend elsewhere, like on my house projects.

And i know the lifetime powertrain warranty does not transfer. The extended one i bought with the jeep will though Thanks for the advice guys i will continue trying to sell. I know a few more will chime in and thanks in advance.

ARB Rock Bar
2-inch front spacers
Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch.
post #15 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Sell it.
post #16 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Rock God

.[___]

(OllllllO)
{}--o{}
post #17 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Granite Guru

sometimes I wish I had a trail only rig so that I didn't have to worry about tearing up my new JK but then i would have a cool beans DD if I did that.

Honestly, no one can "make" you keep your JK, if it ain't working for you get rid of it and move on. It seems like you have a small part of you that wants to keep it or you wouldn't be on here asking for people to tell you to keep it.

Kick a few bucks into it and get it the way you want and drive it. If after a few months it ain't working for you still, ditch it. With summer around the corner, topless and doorless 4dr's are the sexxxy!!!

-One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
post #18 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
sometimes I wish I had a trail only rig so that I didn't have to worry about tearing up my new JK but then i would have a cool beans DD if I did that.

Honestly, no one can "make" you keep your JK, if it ain't working for you get rid of it and move on. It seems like you have a small part of you that wants to keep it or you wouldn't be on here asking for people to tell you to keep it.

Kick a few bucks into it and get it the way you want and drive it. If after a few months it ain't working for you still, ditch it. With summer around the corner, topless and doorless 4dr's are the sexxxy!!!

My .02..... keep the JK as a DD and build the other one into a kick azz trail rig. Bunker is on to something.

I just got into wheeling and already am dreaming of a trail only rig... I don't want to beat up a new JK but it sure is fun to wheel!!

You gotta make up your own mind...
post #19 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Cool

Sell it!
post #20 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Wheeler

I vote sell it! I have always wanted a Jeep and looked at them hard and long for 5 years but just didnt seem to have the money to get it one thing after another kept on getting in the way of my buying it. Finally a little over a year ago I was able to purchase the one that I wanted and it had all the options on it that I wanted.

To this day I get excited when I walk outside and see it in my driveway thinking that its mine and I finally got the Jeep that I wanted. If you dont get that feeling then you need to get rid of it.

ITS A JEEP THING YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND
post #21 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

JKs are awesome badass wheelin rigs. That's already been proven. You have buyers remorse for whatever reason. Sell it for what you can. Take your loss and move on. Life happens.
post #22 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Rock God

Tough spot to be in; and if money is an issue then it really stings. If you are really upside down in the deal, you could just cut your loss and run.

But, you could also consider another option! Off the TJ and use the money to pay down what you owe on the JK. If the TJ is free and clear, you would have a much easier time selling it because of the price point.

Regardless, just be thankful that you have had the luxury of owning your JK Rubicon; there are many that would give their left nut to be in a position that would allow them such a grand purchase…
post #23 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

I agree with Hitmoney here.

You are feeling buyers remorse and regreting the $$$ burden. That can't be fixed by advice.
So take the loss and sell it.

If you think there is a chance of getting over the $$$ then go wheel it or however you have always enjoyed your Jeeps.

Time heals all wounds.... Unless their fatal ones.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
post #24 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Rock God

Sell it. No mather what u do u are biased.

JKOutcast Member
post #25 of 37 Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Wheeler

laters-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode