JKOwners Forum banner

What font is our RUBICON hood decal??

87K views 62 replies 35 participants last post by  nelundt 
#1 ·
I want to change my hood decals to something custom but match the factory look. Does anyone know what the font is for the factory "RUBICON" hood decal?

#3 ·
pm sent!

I looked all over for the font when I changed 'Wrangler Unlimited' on the side to 'JeepThing Unlimited', but couldn't find it. I ended up just creating my own ... a lot more time consuming, but it turned out pretty good.

Moose, if you need something cut out, let me know. My wife has a cutter and the vinyl.

#16 ·
The rubicon lettering jason linked is not accurate.

To make accurate letters, you need to start out with ITC Eras Bold, take the curve out of the straight lines, take the slant out of the letters and stretch the result. Some very curvy letters like Cs and Ss need to be further modified to look right.

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=201455

I started out with a rubbing from my jeep, and figured out what I had to do to get them EXACT and follow that process for making other letters that don't exist in stock.

I have seen a lot of people try to do it, and few take the time to come as close as I feel I have.

By the way, pixeldecals.com is my site and I think after all the mentions it's high time I purchased a vendor star. :innocent:

P.S. If it wasn't such of a PITA to make them exact, I wouldn't have given out my trade secret either. LOL!

#23 ·
There is a standard font that Jeep modified. My paint guy used the standard and I think it looked a little better. It looks like its in bold font. The Rubicon is painted on in this pic:

Original Sticker in this:

#28 ·
Correct, but you need to have a program that can edit vector paths so you can manipulate the letters to get them looking correct.

At this point, I have made over 300 versions of rubicon decals for guys and I have every letter sorted out.

#40 · (Edited)
First post -

brandsoftheworld.com also has vector files for most of the factory Jeep decals. I'm in the process of swapping out all of my silver factory decals to burnt orange on my '15 black Rubicon. IMO, hard to beat the black/orange combo.

Unfortunately, The Rubicon logo on there is a .cdr file (CAD file) that can't be converted to vector format. I'm a graphic designer, so the first thing I thought of when I got my new rig was making some custom die-cut logos/decals.

Thanks for posting up the .ai files for the Rubicon font...helps a LOT!

***EDIT*** FYI, for those that asked...those BOTW files and the one posted here in the .zip file are VECTOR files, not font files. You will need a vector-based graphic program (Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape (free)) to be able to use them.

I'll post some pics when my decal swap is complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.