Wet Okole seat covers - FAIL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thumbs down Wet Okole seat covers - FAIL

So I bought a set of Wet Okoles for the JK. First set I've owned. Heard nothing but good things about 'em.

Previous ride had a set of custom Coverkings I bought for it, they cost about the same as the Okoles. Those had CR-grade neoprene all around the entire seat surface, perfectly cut and stitched, nice tight nylon weave fabric over the top. They fit so well, and were so nice, it looked like the seats were actually re-upholstered. I don't know if Coverking's JK covers are this nice, but I suspect they would be. I figured Okoles would be at least as nice with that price, right??

Wrong! First, I asked for no logo and of course they have one. Inside the bag is an order slip that says 'No logo'. Nice. For your damn-near-$500, your 'neoprene' seat covers have a thin layer of neoprene on the seat bottom and back and nowhere else. The rest is just a layer of loosely-woven fabric with a little thin stretchy padding in between, no neoprene to be found. The fit...man, where to start. Some of the holes aren't aligned quite right, so you can pull and stretch it all day and you'll still have some wrinkles and areas that don't fit right. They never fit that tightly in any particular area. When it's all said and done, they still look like seat covers and nowhere near the quality of the Coverkings I had.

Thinking of getting Wet Okoles? Save your money, they aren't worth it. Insist on getting some anyway? I have a set I'll sell you. FAIL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

I had them on my last 4X and they were fine. I had them installed by their factory guys and they fit like a glove.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 AM
dsy
Granite Guru

Before ragging them I would give their cust service people a call. They will make any problem right asap. Mine were perfect before I switched to leather. When I got mine I thought there was a problem with the headrest covers, I called them and they 2nd day air'ed me out the replacements no questions asked. Turned out the only problem with the head rests was "operator error".

07 Flame Red Unlimited Rubicon, 5.7 hemi, RCV shafts, 35" KM2's, AEV 3 1/2 lift, , AEV rear swing away Carrier, AEV Snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer. , Marchal E-Code lamps
DIY Hemi build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I agree, and I'll contact them, but it's a multi-pronged issue. There is the 'these particular seat covers' issue, then there is the 'Wet Okole seat covers' issues which can't be resolved from a customer service call. That's the basic construction of the things, like ordering and paying for waterproof neoprene seat covers and getting only a neoprene facing. It goes beyond problems with a specific set of covers to whether I got my money's worth.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a little hard on them after my stellar Coverking experience, but I HATE feeling like I didn't get what I paid for.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
dsy
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post
I agree, and I'll contact them, but it's a multi-pronged issue. There is the 'these particular seat covers' issue, then there is the 'Wet Okole seat covers' issues which can't be resolved from a customer service call. That's the basic construction of the things, like ordering and paying for waterproof neoprene seat covers and getting only a neoprene facing. It goes beyond problems with a specific set of covers to whether I got my money's worth.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a little hard on them after my stellar Coverking experience, but I HATE feeling like I didn't get what I paid for.
Yea sounds like there was a major quality control issue with your set. They are not neoprene like a wet suit by any means but the fit was great on mine and the padding seemed to be in all the right places. Hope they get you taken care of.

07 Flame Red Unlimited Rubicon, 5.7 hemi, RCV shafts, 35" KM2's, AEV 3 1/2 lift, , AEV rear swing away Carrier, AEV Snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer. , Marchal E-Code lamps
DIY Hemi build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Wet Okole Customer Service Manager

My name is Tracy Willms @ Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers and I would be more than happy to help you with any problem you might be having with your seat covers. Were your covers were ordered through Quadratec? Have they been contacted? My contact number is 888 24-OKOLE (65653) ext 15. Please call.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracywillms View Post
My name is Tracy Willms @ Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers and I would be more than happy to help you with any problem you might be having with your seat covers. Were your covers were ordered through Quadratec? Have they been contacted? My contact number is 888 24-OKOLE (65653) ext 15. Please call.
That was quick.

JKOutcast Member
post #8 of 10 Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Rock God

Well if that customer service doesn't take the wind out of any complaint, I don't know what would.

Thanks for lurking and stepping in Tracy.

Colorado Mountains = Land of Mountain Trails

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13

'08 JK Sahara, Jeep Green, BFG MT's, Pro Comp 4" Lift, Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch, Olympic BOA front & Olympic Defender rear bumpers, Olympic A/T Slider Rails, Spidertrax Spacers, SeatGlover Seat Covers, Bestop TrekTop, Husky Mats, Midland 75-822 CB, Magellan Maestro 3250.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-16-2009, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

All is well that ends well....problem solved through customer service channels. I don't need to tell you guys, that's where the difference comes in to play
post #10 of 10 Old 05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

Wow- agreed- well done, Tracy

As a side note/gripe, I don't get the idea behind (no disrespect to any individual) going online and ripping on a part on a forum without even calling the manufacturer or distributor first. If you have a problem with a product or service, contact the provider, then rip on them That's how it SHOULD be done- Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode