Soft Top Day up North - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-11-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Soft Top Day up North

May long weekend is coming up for us folks in Canada. This is soft top weekend in my neck of the woods... YeeHaw!

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Granite Guru

Oh Yea, that's what I'm talkin bout! I put mine on in prep for the Topless day run in the Rubicon. Its nice to be able to drop top, then, lift just in case of mother nature. Pictures???

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #3 of 10 Old 05-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Snapped this picture last Friday on my way to Manitoulin Island

Yah yah... it's stiiiiillll stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Granite Guru

Looking good, my fellow redrocker

Last edited by Mule'Con; 01-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yup, pics will be up as soon as the hardtop is off...

This will be the first time putting the rag on (no time at all last summer) so I have a question.
When you fold the top down do you remove the side and rear window first or will it all fold down together...? Thanks

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Remove the side and rear windows.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Granite Guru

wish I wasnt workin nightshifts all week cuz I'm dyin to put mine on, still in the box from the dealership

Blacked out 07 JKUR, safari straps, Treadwright 35's on stock rims and Spydertrax spacers, stubbied front bumper, trimmed flares, 2" body lift, 2" spacers in front with 1" spacers in rear, Gen Right Tire carrier, more to come!
post #8 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

What a PITA to put that rag top on the first time. The top was all wrinkly from being in the box and being brand new so I had to pull pretty hard to stretch it out and get it hooked in. Only got a pic of the top off so far. Was too dark out by the time I got the top fitted.

More pics later when the suns out.. Andy, you'll need a couple hours and a helper to get that top on for the first time..

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

post #9 of 10 Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Granite Guru

When you put the OE top on for the first time, put the top on in the sunshine in 80f+, after a few hours, it will streeetch out fine. IF temps won't allow that, then try putting the top on one day, attaching rear only, pull the top forward, but don't buckle down entirely. Let it sit that way from mid morning-thru mid afternoon. Dis attach rear, then try stretching to the front, prefitting to make sure the gasket is hitting perfect, and equal somewhat on each side of the windshield/door closed gap. After clamping down front, stretch back (following the underside all the way to the back to make sure no straps are kinked, etc), then while pulling a tad on the rear bow, attach the rear closest to the tailgate. If it doesn't work that day, leave it that way over night, and retry, starting the same procedure in the AM, after sun is up/ambient temp is up. I had to do it the two day method, but no leaks, no wind issues, and it looks awesome. I use a cheapo fleece throw blanket (walmart/kmart/target version) as a buffer in between the side windows, and rear window. No scratches to date, but I'm anal. I take the windows out at my location, cruise, then reinstall prior to driving home (usually 4+hr drive).

Last edited by Mule'Con; 05-14-2009 at 12:47 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-14-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here we go Softtop on and ready for the weekend... Your turn Andy!

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode