i need your opinion on yotas? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i need your opinion on yotas?

my one of my friends keeps telling me that jeeps are gay and toyotas are way better....i was just wondering what you guys thought about toyota pickups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Rock God

If my Jeep's gay, it must still be in the closet. That's all I have to say about that.

'07 Rubicon
post #3 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Garage

There are some VERY capable Yotas out there and are probably cheaper to mod than a Jeep... but out of the box.. you can't beat a Jeep.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 01:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If I were you I'd make sure I held on real tight to the soap around your friend, the dude is trying to tell you something.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Rock God

I don't think the yotas are gay at all. I have respect for anyone that wheels and builds a nice rig, w/e the platform. As far as the toy's being "better", depends on what you're looking to do I guess. Show me a Jeep that ran sledgehammer, and Ill show you a toyota that did also. Show me a Toyo running through little sluice and Im sure I can find a Jeep that ran it.

Anyone who says, "Jeeps are gay and Toyotas are way better" has no real argument and probably had one of 3 things happen to them;

1) Someone in a Jeep stole their GF/Wife/BF and/or dog.

2) Hates that it takes so much more to remove their doors/top.

3) Their father loved his Jeep more than he did his own children and he still blames Jeep for the rift in his father/son relationship

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #6 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for the input!
post #7 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRShiN View Post
I don't think the yotas are gay at all. I have respect for anyone that wheels and builds a nice rig, w/e the platform. As far as the toy's being "better", depends on what you're looking to do I guess. Show me a Jeep that ran sledgehammer, and Ill show you a toyota that did also. Show me a Toyo running through little sluice and Im sure I can find a Jeep that ran it.

Anyone who says, "Jeeps are gay and Toyotas are way better" has no real argument and probably had one of 3 things happen to them;

1) Someone in a Jeep stole their GF/Wife/BF and/or dog.

2) Hates that it takes so much more to remove their doors/top.

3) Their father loved his Jeep more than he did his own children and he still blames Jeep for the rift in his father/son relationship

thats great

Riverraider Rubicon 2 door (under construction)
[QUOTE=priell3;158092] you have the old style with dirty balls.QUOTE]
post #8 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954jeepin View Post
i was just wondering what you guys thought about toyota pickups?
That they are gay!
post #9 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Granite Guru

You are askin the JK Owners this?? Now that's funny.

Brand hate will always be there. Yota and Jeep is like Mac and PC. If you really want to hear the hatred go ask the die hard Full size guys or Scout guys what they think of Jeeps and Yota's and you will really get an earful. I have had plenty of Toyota's. Never once have I ever been let down by one. They are very reliable vehicles.

They are DEFINITELY MORE Expensive to mod than Jeeps. Don't let HitMoney fool you in any way.

Here was the corral of my yotas just a couple of months ago...

My 96 Taco, 07 FJ Cruiser and 85 4Runner. Only one of those come with a solid front axle stock. Out of the box I would take my FJ Cruiser with the rear locker over any JK except the Rubicon package. Since this pic I sold off the FJ Cruiser and the 4Runner for this...

I will keep my Taco as my wheeling vehicle, cause I know how to work on it, I know it's limitations, and frankly I don't have near the investment in it as a new vehicle. I already made that mistake once, don't plan on beating up a new truck again.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
There are some VERY capable Yotas out there and are probably cheaper to mod than a Jeep... but out of the box.. you can't beat a Jeep.
You aint kidding. Chrome Dome had vid of his 4Runner doing the Rubicon he showed me driving up to Big Bear. Crawler gears, locked up, he walked right through...

Everything is fun with the right parts involved... I'd run with those guys anywhere.
post #11 of 13 Old 05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Wheeler

Maybe I can through my 2 cents in on this one.

I originally got a 99 Jeep TJ Sahara back when I was a Freshman in high school. I loved the Jeep and put a lot of money, parts, blood, sweat and tear into the jeep. The Jeep was awesome until I realized I wanted to climb bigger rocks and started down the slippery slope of modifying my jeep. I ended up putting a Dynatrac 44/60 with ARB's and a RockKrawler 5.5 inch L/A on it. Don't get me wrong it was bad a**. However I had a really hard time wheeling it really hard because i was scared of rolling it since it was my DD.

So along came my herd of Toyotas that I've owned through the years. 13 to be exact in the past 8 years. All of which I have spent FAR FAR less money into to make a capable wheeler. Even if it had IFS to begin with, I've torched our at least 10 of mine and others to put the straight axles that toyota should've left in there. My love for toyotas is very deep and even if I own a JK now I will always have a place in my heart for toyotas. IMO the toyota is the strongest stock out of the box vehicle made for 4 wheeling EVEN IN IFS FORM.

HOWEVER.......Even after owning many toyotas through the years, I have had an empty place that happened when I sold my TJ. I loved that Jeep and should've never sold it. Thats why I just bought a new Rubicon 4 door JK. I've never been a jeep hater when I've been wheeling in my toyota and always would point out to my wife "hey check that jeep out!" Neither one of the vehicles are "gay." I have tremendous respect for both manufactures. Both have made some really stupid choices over the years and some of us owners have had to hold our head low when they make something like a Compass or the discontinuing solid axled vehicles in the states.

Both are cool and you can tell your friend he's full of crap to be that narrow minded. If you could find a New off the showroom toyota that had solid axles, lockers, geared, rocksliders, LOW range transfercase and a removable top. Then I'll go buy a new toyota but until then my hats off to Jeep for at least having 1 vehicle in their lineup that is still worth calling a jeep.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Granite Guru

Honestly what difference does it make? I sit in my Jeep and KNOW that I am better than everyone else. Its just no need to tell everyone in order to keep from hurting their feelings

He says they're gay, I say not even his own mom likes him.

2014 2 Door Red Rubicon.

Bone stock except for a Spiderwebshade Safari Top.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Wheeler

Here's a few toyotas I've owned over the years.

87 SAS'd 4Runner

88 SAS'd 4Runner

84 on 1 tons with a 4.3/th350/toyota duals linked (Current project)

99 Tacoma SAS with toyota axle and Dual transfercases

My comp buggy on 6.0/th350/atlas 60's on 42's (still own and don't plan to sell)

I wish I had a picture of my old Jeep but I can't find on at the moment. Also my JK is arriving on monday so non of that one either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode