So I'm thinking of buying a JK. Help me out. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So I'm thinking of buying a JK. Help me out.

Well last night I went down to my local Jeep dealer and just about bought a Unlimited Rubicon with the 6sp. My last jeep was a 99 TJ Sahara that had Dynatrac 44/60 combo and a Rock Krawler 5.5 L/A and 37 Super Swampers.

This time around I'm going to go quite a bit more low key because I already own a Comp Buggy so the Hardcore aspect isn't really needed as much. I'm just looking and finding a nice DD that I can take clients to lunch in and be able to make a weekend wheeler out of it for the family. My plans would be just at 2.5" lift and some 35's for now.

So my question is, I've been talking to the dealer about getting a 2008 and get the old inventory discount ($2000) among a couple other discounts. The only catch is that we're finding quite a few in the California area and only 3 in other states. I don't want to own a California JK because of the extra California emissions package that comes on them. I live in eastern Washington and will never have any emissions testing and I don't want to deal with the extra emissions crap on the Jeep.

What all do they add in terms of emissions for California? If its really not a big deal I won't worry about it but I noticed that little line added to the description of every JK we were finding on the Dealer Locater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Rock God

You might want to post this in the Cali section.

JKOutcast Member
post #3 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Openly Hostile

Maybe jdemonto will know being a dealer.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

well updates on the situation:

I just bit the bullet and just bought a 09. I wanted to have a larger color choice and so I just got a Dark Water Blue Jk Rubicon. They should have it here on monday for me and I'm really excited to get it. I'll post a few pictures up when I bring it home.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Rock God

Good job. After the TJ, you'll really (REALLY) enjoy everything about the JK.

Colorado Mountains = Land of Mountain Trails

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13

'08 JK Sahara, Jeep Green, BFG MT's, Pro Comp 4" Lift, Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch, Olympic BOA front & Olympic Defender rear bumpers, Olympic A/T Slider Rails, Spidertrax Spacers, SeatGlover Seat Covers, Bestop TrekTop, Husky Mats, Midland 75-822 CB, Magellan Maestro 3250.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh I know. I convinced the dealership to let me take one home last night and drive it around a bit. I drove it over 100 miles and am pretty confident with my purchase. The only thing that would've made it a better test drive would've been to go take it up wheeling. However it didn't seem worth it if I scratched or dented the loaner JK.

The thing I'm most excited about in getting my new JK is that I will be able to take the whole family up to the mountains. My wife and I are expecting our first kid due in October and having the extra room will be very nice. Heck I could even take our 2 dogs in the back as well. Its by no means a Comp buggy but it will be fun non the less for our family.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Rock God

Congrats on the JK and the baby on the way. You'll have your hands full of mods and diapers.

JKOutcast Member
post #8 of 9 Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks life is going to be crazy for me in the next year. I don't know about any mods for a little bit only because I have to remind myself that this is my DD.

However.....I have this little habit though of modifying vehicles so the bug will probably hit me sooner than later. Heck I'm already looking at lifts and bumpers. Ahh its a sickness isn't it.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
JKowners Vendor

Congrats and welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode