Newb Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Newb Question

Ok, so I don't even have the Jeep yet. I'm in the military and I'm scheduled to to pick it up in late August after my current deployment. I will be getting a 09 JK Sahara and I will eventually get new wheels (I'm thinking Mamba M1's), tires (currently undecided) and likely a 2" Budget Boost Lift. This will be my daily driver and I don't see myself wheeling every weekend. As it looks right now, four weeks after I pick the Jeep up in Ohio, I'm due to go on some additional training in Florida. Should I drive it stock for a while to break it in or should I mod it before I leave for Florida? Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I would definitely leave it stock for a while, and research tire and lift options. I have never seen any reviews of those tires mentioned, but with so many choices out there, I think it is best to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible before throwing out the money. Many people wish that they had done more research, before purchasing upgrades.

Thanks for your service, and welcome to JKO.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Rock God

X's 2 on waiting and researching. You can learn a lot from the guys on this site. Get home safe, get the Jeep and have fun while you decide what to do next.

Thank you for your service.

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 AM
TrailDuty.com

Go ahead and lift it, there is no need to break it in first. If you can't research enough between now and August to figure out what you want, waiting another month or two isn't going to help
post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

That's kind of what I was thinking. I have plenty of research time before I pick the Jeep up in August. I think I will have a good idea what I want to get for my setup by then. The specific question was more intended to be...should I break in the vehicle in stock configuration or is a lift, tires and wheels ok from the beginning? I've heard you need to break in the engine prior to takig on any mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode