I'm getting a new top for my JK tomorrow! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm getting a new top for my JK tomorrow!

It's a long story but when I bought my 4 door JK over two years ago I had issues with the top 4 days after buying it. The dealer refused to warranty it so I was stuck with a top that had rips in it (the stitching was loose and fell apart). I complained to Jeep, the BBB Association and wrote certified letters to the President and VP of the dealership but nothing ever happened. I had pictures documenting it and everything.

Recently I took my Jeep in to get a recall done along with getting a horn issue fixed. They were going to look at the top for leaks and once they saw how bad it was they said they would warranty it! I was blown away. Obviously I went to another Jeep dealership because after my experience with the one I purchased it from I swore never to go back there.

Anyways, I'm excited that someone is finally taking care of this. It's been a sore spot since I bought my Jeep. I drop it off tonight and they put the new top on tomorrow.

Woohoo!

Jason Sayen

Director of Sales, Mobile Division
JL Audio l Total Mobile Audio l JL Audio Marine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Openly Hostile

Congrats.

Jason
post #3 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlkSahara View Post
Woohoo!

^ that says it all......long time coming but almost there, enjoy

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Rock God

Congrats; now go back into the original dealer and slap the taste from their mouths!
post #5 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Rock God

yeah, some dealers just don't give a crap...

glad you are finally getting the new top you deserved in the first place...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #6 of 11 Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah glad to see it turn out like it should have from the beginning. + 1 for the good guys

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys. I was so bitter about this. My Jeep was the first new vehicle I had ever purchased. It was so obvious they prepped the vehicle wrong. There were parts to the top missing, one piece broken, the bars were in the wrong spots and the stitching was loose. Even the salesman said that the other side was going to rip after I took it to him (which eventually happened).

I take responsibility for not thoroughly inspecting the vehicle when I picked it up...I guess my excitement got the best of me.

They will get what's coming. Right now dealers are struggling and the ones that operate this way will not be able to make it through.

Jason Sayen

post #9 of 11 Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

When we bought my wife's JK- we bought it on Saturday. On Sunday we noticed a tear in the rear window. So we went back to the dealer Monday morning. At first the service manager gave us a hard time saying "well how do I know you didn't cause the tear". After a bit of us arguing that we never removed the window or took the top down, or anything else that would cause the tear in the 1.5 day of ownership, he finally conceded. But then tells us that it will take a couple weeks to get a new one in. Our sales guy was there when the service guy said that. And our sales guys says "BS"- he walked out to the lot and took the rear window out of one of the JK's on the lot, and put it on my wife's
post #10 of 11 Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Rock God

Finally a positive....Yahoo.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #11 of 11 Old 05-01-2009, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Picked it up today. Woohoo!

I was a little nervous with the whole, "Chrysler is filing for bankruptcy" thing.

Mad props to Hollywood Jeep in Hollywood, FL for taking care of me.

Jason Sayen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode