Hard tire cover - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hard tire cover

I know I know I know, most of you are probably going to tell me why would I ever want a hard tire cover and to just put a real 5th wheel on the back. I hardly off road and honestly don't need a 5th wheel (just keep my stock). Plus, I want to use the hard tire cover for promotional purposes, to paint my company logo on the back. Have any of you bought this or have it? Pics or review would be appreciated. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...3A1|240%3A1318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 11:05 AM

Looks like a G-Wagen - I like it but isn't it steep at $300? Unless it's that well built...
post #3 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Please dont.....its not worth it.....

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

...why do you say that? Is this bad quality? As I made clear in my initial post, I really don't care with others think. I don't do much off roading and the whole purpose of this is so I can put a big company logo on the back.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL II RTL View Post
...why do you say that? Is this bad quality? As I made clear in my initial post, I really don't care with others think. I don't do much off roading and the whole purpose of this is so I can put a big company logo on the back.
I thought that's what hummers were for.

I keed I keed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Rock God

Sad very sad.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #7 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Seriously, I thought this was supposed to be the un-bias JK forum. I understand I'm dealing with a buncha off roading fanatics so I expected a little criticism for this post; but to each their own.

Although I could have bought a Hummer, or even a G-Wagen I decided on the Jeep because I liked all the options I have in terms of customization. This is one of 5 in my stable and I really bought it to serve as a beach car. There's not too much off roading or rock climbing to be done on my island (Oahu) so she mostly stays on pavement sadly. I'll say it again, the whole purpose of the hard tire cover is so I can put a company logo on it for promotional purposes; otherwise I'd just get a 5th wheel.

Now back to the original subject...does anyone have any experience with this? I know most of you are thinking "why would ya", but those that aren't care to provide me with any useful information?
post #8 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Rock God

Well it looks like the cover has a high gloss finish, so from what I know (was a house painter for a long time, no EXP at all in auto painting) that without some good prep work, your paited logo might not take well. If you want to just re-do the whole thing and prime/paint yourself, there may be cheaper options for something unfinished. With that cover I'd suggest, FWIW, to go vinyl on it.

As far as the critisism, Im sure most are ust fawkin with you, as most people here respect the whole "Its yours, do with it what you will", but there is always, everywhere, a small % of people just looking to bully, or jump on a bandwagon against someone. Hopefully all these guys are just fawkin with you. Wish I knew more about painting over high gloss auto paint, but I dont so my $0.02 would be to go vinyl.

EDIT: I don't mean a vinyl wheel cover, just vinyl logo

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #9 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Rock God

In one my recent Quadratec or 4wd catalogs that came there was a new hardcover out for the spare tire that would likely work for you...and it looks more like it belongs on a Jeep...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #10 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Granite Guru

This site should have exactly what you need. They can also custom make them to the size you specify. So if you went with larger tires, you could get a larger than stock size cover, which would give you more advertising space, and keep you in good shape if you happen to get a flat.

http://www.tirecoversdirect.com/jeep...intedface.aspx
post #11 of 15 Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sahara, while I appreciate the looking out homie, that link is the same thing they're selling on eBay in the link I initially pasted...and for $50 more!
post #12 of 15 Old 04-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

yoda13 it was Quadratech....

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91077_20XX_PG.htm

You can get a cable lock for it as well.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Rock God

I think they are just giving you the business.
In the line of thought that if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly,
instead of just the tire cover what about wrapping the entire jeep? Much more exposure and you can customize. Don't know the company below, just grabbed their link for an example.
http://www.wrapvehicles.com/examples/

Current Mods:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #14 of 15 Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

DISCLAIMER....DISCLAIMER.....DISCLAIMER: Im just giving you the business.

Now that we have the legal stuff out of the way......

He said "BEACH CAR"........

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #15 of 15 Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL II RTL View Post
Sahara, while I appreciate the looking out homie, that link is the same thing they're selling on eBay in the link I initially pasted...and for $50 more!
lol Oops. I probably should have taken a look at the link, but I hadn't seen it posted anywhere else, because I dno't think there's much demand for it. If the guy has the size you want, go for it. Worst thing that can happen is you hate it and take it off, but since it's a business expense you can still write it off regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode