Jersey Devil - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Jersey Devil

My nephew is 10 and he's really getting into the legend of the Jersey Devil. I was down in Smithville today and thought it'd be cool to take him on my own Jersey Devil tour/hunt. I read there are a couple sites that are the alleged birthplace of the Devil. Are any of the sites accessible? I also heard the house at the corner of Hammock Street in Smithville is the Leeds house. Any truth to it? Anybody know if there are any local museums with good Jersey Devil exhibits? I'm not from the area and google isn't giving much to go on. And finally, with all the wheeling in the Pine Barrens and night runs, anyone ever see anything Jersey Devilish?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

BAREFOOT. The "REAL" way to drive a Jeep!!

*******KEEP CALM & CHIVE ON!!!*******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Granite Guru

You should post this on the east coast forum, mostly jersey guys there. The original leeds house has fallen or been torn down, it was out at leads point.

Here is a link to a site, not sure about these guys, but you could also stop into batsto village I think they used to have some books in the gift shop. And I hunt in the pine barrens, and only believe in the Jersey Devil when I am walking out from my treestand at night :-)

http://www.njdevilhunters.com/
post #3 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check the website for the chamber of commerce for smithville and see if they have any info.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!

I've seen some weird shit wheeling the pines at night but Im pretty sure it was just the guys I was wheeling with...

We did one night run to check out an old cemetery but I couldn't find it again if it was a super model camp. Sniper/Doug knows where it is. Was pretty cool ride w the full moon and all. We started w dinner at the Pic

Is this thing on?

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #5 of 14 Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Spartan View Post
My nephew is 10 and he's really getting into the legend of the Jersey Devil. I was down in Smithville today and thought it'd be cool to take him on my own Jersey Devil tour/hunt. I read there are a couple sites that are the alleged birthplace of the Devil. Are any of the sites accessible? I also heard the house at the corner of Hammock Street in Smithville is the Leeds house. Any truth to it? Anybody know if there are any local museums with good Jersey Devil exhibits? I'm not from the area and google isn't giving much to go on. And finally, with all the wheeling in the Pine Barrens and night runs, anyone ever see anything Jersey Devilish?

Seen anything? Heck, Jersey Devil is a part of the Jersey Crew.

Post up in the East Coast section & I'm sure you'll get some more info.

Just taking your nephew for a night ride in the Pines can get his excitement up. Just don't head out alone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Granite Guru

This might help some

http://weirdnj.com/stories/jersey-devil/

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
disconnected

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTom View Post
That is a cool site.The video was good too.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #8 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Spartan View Post

Man the Jersey Devil stories use to scare the shat right out of me when I was a yout.

My grandparents lived in Atco by the raceway and it was all woods and dirt roads out there back then. When I spent the summers there, we would ride our bikes down these dirt roads and sometimes we would go to far and it would start to get dark.. We would scare the shit out of ourselves recalling the Jersey Devil stories.. Grandparent never had to worry about us staying out late to often because of it..lol

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #9 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Rock God

Pretty sure he moved to Phoenix........
post #10 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Man the Jersey Devil stories use to scare the shat right out of me when I was a yout.

My grandparents lived in Atco by the raceway and it was all woods and dirt roads out there back then. When I spent the summers there, we would ride our bikes down these dirt roads and sometimes we would go to far and it would start to get dark.. We would scare the shit out of ourselves recalling the Jersey Devil stories.. Grandparent never had to worry about us staying out late to often because of it..lol
Did you say YOUT?

post #11 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Did you say YOUT?

Yip.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #12 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

This was on the History Channel last year if you want to show him.

Part 1

MonsterQuest - Devils In New Jersey. pt1 - YouTube

Part 2

MonsterQuest Season 3 Episode 4 - Devils in New Jersey Part 2/3 - YouTube

Part 3

MonsterQuest Season 3 Episode 4 - Devils in New Jersey Part 3/3 - YouTube

post #13 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTom View Post
That site is great. WeirdNJ used to be a monthly or semi annual publication. It was about 50 pages long each time. The guys who started WeirdNJ also branched out and even filmed a few TV episodes called WeirdUS. Never really caught on.

RubiRed Unlimited

ARB bumpers
Superwinch 9.0i
3.5" AEV premium lift
35" KM2s, OR-Fab tire carrier
Viair on board air
post #14 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

I ride with the Jersey Crew . ^ those documentaries are dead on.

Last edited by JerseyDevil; 09-28-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode